[Resto] guide progress ?

hi guys, is there any news on when the 5.4 guide is coming out? so many changes to Resto and there is no good resources out there yet.
    also with the change to Soul of the Forest to 100% up from 75%, anyone have an idea what our new haste caps are going to be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aoroc indicated they would keep the stickied guide updated for 5.4. Might want to try PMing him?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Had a MAJOR update almost done to the guide just 10 minutes ago, had changed formatting some and updated every link and picture and text and info and everything to 5.4, and then the editor glitched and deleted everything and I was unable to recover it, so now I'm really pissed at this and I'll come back tomorrow and redo it. Sorry.

For what it's worth, in terms of Soul of the Forest, that isn't going to change any of your haste breakpoints at all. You're still going to want either 3043 Haste or 13163 Haste, depending on what your playstyle is. 3043 Haste will be better if you blanket the raid with Rejuv all the time, 13163 will be better if you use less Rejuvs but you'll get more out of them.

Deleted
    Next haste cap will be 13163 - haste in gear will be too much to reforge it close to 3043. Im healing now with 13k haste. Spirit is just 9k and it is enought for me.
    Same time - it could be too low for 5.4., as innervate will depend on spirit. Cooperation with shamies, in raid to get back mana would be nice synergie.

Spirit will be more important anyway because Spirit is always more important during progression than during farm. You could do ToT with like 6-7k Spirit (if you could even get it that low) if you have it on farm, the bosses die really fast and your group won't make any massive mistakes most likely (letting the poison get cast on Horridon, for example). On progression though you need more Spirit because extra damage will happen and the fights will last longer anyway. Plus with the Innervate change Spirit will be more useful.

That being said, once you hit like a 550-555 ilvl you'll probably end up with ~5k Haste after reforging out of it, at which point you might as well just push 13k cause that's a lot of wasted stats otherwise. Would depend on drops I guess, since you could easily get to a 555 ilvl after one week of raiding, or after five months, depending on the RNG of drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    That being said, once you hit like a 550-555 ilvl you'll probably end up with ~5k Haste after reforging out of it, at which point you might as well just push 13k cause that's a lot of wasted stats otherwise. Would depend on drops I guess, since you could easily get to a 555 ilvl after one week of raiding, or after five months, depending on the RNG of drops.
    With 547 ilvl on my healing gear i have around 3350 haste (ok, i'm with my moonkin gear + battlepet hat on armory), i could go even lower if i could get Raden belt instead of the one from the twins. Just pick gear with crit on it instead of hast (crit is still better than hast between bp).
    Of course i still have prepare some hast gear for the time i will try the 13k bp, but i'm mostly playing moonkin these day so i didn't wanted to change all my gemmes to try it for now.