Thread: rogues at 90

Deleted

rogues at 90

are rogues hard to level and how many keybinds do they use in PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are fairly hard to level IMO compared to other classes. They're quite squishy, especially when fighting multiple mobs (no effective AoE unless your combat (or assass when you have FoK?), which I recommend to play) and you'll be energy starved quite some aswell. I think levels 1 to 70 you'll have a decent easy time due to ambush and eviscerate doing reasonable damage, but 70-90 might be tougher, or at least 80-90.

I actually recently leveled my rogue from 85 to 90 with BoA blues from archaeology and world drops (ilvl 463 dagger, 471 trinket and a 463 mace off-hand). I was playing as sublety, with which it took quite long to kill a monster (15k backstabs on a mob with 200-300k hp) but when I played as assass they went far quicker. I still had to use my defensives frequently and escape frequently.

As for keybinds I think it's the average. If you want to go hardcore keybind mode for PvP, yeah, you'll have quite some binds, but if you're mainly PvEing I think rogues don't have that many binds.

The 85-90 period will be quite a pain, below that it's quite manageable. For pvp, if you want to play sort of seriously, then yes you will need a few keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to level rogue with no problems:
    1. Spec Assassination
    2. Glyph of Deadly Momentum
    3. Rupture on every mob right away for energy return when they die
    4. Never stop killing

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    How to level rogue with no problems:
    1. Spec Assassination
    2. Glyph of Deadly Momentum
    3. Rupture on every mob right away for energy return when they die
    4. Never stop killing
    +Marked for Death (seriously best change they made, I love this talent)

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Too bad it's the lvl90 talent.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Too bad MfD requries 90. At least there's next expac! However, MfD is really only good is the mobs you're grinding live long enough. If I'm ever super bored on my rogue and doing Gl dailies for the heck of it, the mobs don't even live long enough to justify the global for MfD over a Mutilate.

I died 1 time leveling my rogue from 85-90 and that was because I got cocky and tried to clear an entire area with FoK. It's really not hard. I didn't use Glyph of Deadly Momentum and didn't have food on me. Just use recuperate. Most mobs died with a Mut>Mut>Envenom combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Too bad MfD requries 90. At least there's next expac! However, MfD is really only good is the mobs you're grinding live long enough. If I'm ever super bored on my rogue and doing Gl dailies for the heck of it, the mobs don't even live long enough to justify the global for MfD over a Mutilate.
    I'm not sure how you've been using mfd, and granted if you are in near bis then you would never need it to begin with.... But the whole point while leveling would be to go ruptureless and reduce your killing time... Ambush from stealth (or mut) pop MFD, enven, mut, enven... MFD Reset on mob death.. stealth, step and repeat.

I havn't done the grind on a rogue in a long time, however the 2 options to me would be go combat with either crusader or something that icreases your ability to sustain (heals, shields, ect) and barely touch stealth. Option 2 would be assasination multi dotting essentially, rogues have gotten a better leveling toolkit then they used to have when i did mine so i wouldn't say they are the worse class out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    MfD isn't on the global. You press it during global and get an envenom with your next move instead of a mutilate.