Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dang, a lot of hate on Dragonsoul. I really liked the Deathwing fights. My vote is for ToGC. While I thought some of the fights were unique like the arena bosses, the lack of trash didn't make it feel like a raid at all. It was just a larger version of the ToC dungeon, which didn't even feel like a dungeon.

Overall, Trial of the Grand Crusader was ok but not fit to be deemed as a raid.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Oh come on, you know you loved it when half your raid wasn't paying attention and a Lava Surger sent them flying into the lava. Or if people let Firelords hang around forever and soon you were wiping to 100 mobs on a 3 mob pull.
    A lot of FL was essentially a homage to MC :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn. On the one hand, Ruby Sanctum was obviously pretty bad, and ToC was definitely flawed. On the other hand, their biggest challenge was never the struggle to stay awake, which was my only real challenge with Dragon Soul on both LFR and normal. I think I have to go with Dragon Soul. Lots of raids were small or had flaws, but they were all fun to play while they were current content. Dragon Soul wasn't. AND it was the "end-boss" of an expansion, with the worst end-boss fight to date. (I highly doubt Garrosh will be worse.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    That place was as awful as DS! Except for one thing ''Heroic Ragnaros'' I actually enjoyed that. Whomever made the Lord Ryolilth encounter needs to be punched in the face -.- worst fight EVER
    Eh, Rhyo was okay, just buggy.

I like DS more than FL. I could happily go back to DS again, but my god am I sick of FL. So samey, so much trash...

I actually...really liked ToC. Every single boss fight felt very unique and it was a pleasure to down them. I quit for a while back then and I came back when T9 was about half way through, so I do suppose it could have gotten boring if you cleared it the second week.

For me, DS takes the cake. As a raid by itself, it was fine. It was decent sized, it was fun, it was an okay raid. But it was the last raid of the expac, and Blizzard completely sh*t on the Deathwing fight. I understand that he's a huge dragon who can't really be taken head on, but we're fighting his immune system and tentacles? Really? We couldn't have at least fought one of his body parts that we knew about before that raid? Once again, the raid was fine, but it was a horrible way to end a meh expac (so I do suppose it fits).

DS with ToC falling in a close second. The only raid I got to see in Classic is ZG so I cannot comment on those. ToC was just miss placed and should not have been an entire tier raid itself and should had just been a mini side raid. DS tried to do a lot while just failing in execution namely the DW encounters. Personally FL was much better with T11 being above that trailing just a tad behind ICC.

Naxx 2.0, after beeing in Naxx Classic for month.

Deleted
    By a mile the filler raid abomination that was the Ruby Sanctum with Halion. ToC had a boring enviroment, but the fights wheren't bad at all. Same for DS. The only fights that where bad there where Spine and Madness of Deathwing - which is sad because it was supposed to be the climax of the expansion.

ToTC.

Dragon-soul was ok, and while the fight with deathwing was pure anti-climmax (come on, we never actually fight "him" we simply peel off some scales off him, and cut off a bunch of tentacles, other NPCs do all the fighting for us and even then, that fighting is just firing lazer beans. Hurray?) the concept of the raid was good for me. Enemies took Wyrmrest Temple by force, we assault it to take it back, climb to the top, wrestle the focusin Iris from the Eye of Eternity, pursue deathwing across the Great Sea, and have a final confrontation in the maelstrom.

Its nowhere near as climatic as a final expansion raid should be (Such as Sunwell, or ICC, or Siege of Orgrimmar) but it was entertaining.

ToTC on the other hand is a single room, no trash, no new environments, just a tiny enclosed room, where we face 5 bosses one after the other. These bosses don't even have new models. Say what you will about Dragon Soul, but at least there, you had a lot of bosses with unique/modified models. on ToTc they don't even bother with a minor alteration. Gormak looks just like any other magnataur, the two worms look like any other worm, the yeti looks like any other yeti, Jarraxxus looks like any other Eredar we killed by the dozens in TBC, the Faction Champions look just like players in tier 9, the valks look just like any other valk, and the final boss is just another Cryptlord but with some ice on him.

Not even the mechanics were entertaining for most of the fights. The one fight with good entertaining mechanics for me was the valks. And I'll admit it felt good to bash some alliance heads, but that's it. Trial of the Crusader stands for me as the worst raid in the game. Its short, unimaginative, with no new models, no trash, no exploration, no plot, nada de nada.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul takes the cake. Not only was it a thoroughly forgettable raid, but its execution was just... bad. Bland environments, repetitive bosses... and wort of all, it was supposed to be the FINAL RAID of Cataclysm. They completely wasted Deathwing as an encounter.

After that I'd have to say Battle of Mount Hyjal. Drawn out and boring.

Ruby Sanctum was pretty lame too, but I guess it was a filler raid. And it really isn't fair to lump in the single boss raids...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The answers will probably be predictable but since "best raid" topics keep getting made - what do you think was the worst? I am torn between Trial of the (Grand) Crusader and Dragon Soul. I think ToC/ToGC was technically worse but I always expected it to be a filler raid. Dragon Soul was more of a disappointment because I expected something really cool and epic for Deathwing's raid and instead we got a bunch of reused environments and lame end boss(es).
    well u hit the nail on this one! agree 100%!

Deleted
    wtf guys? thron of the 4 winds was so fucking HORRIBLE! did you ever play alakir hc? man worst fucking encounters ever. even DS was better (i iked it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruby Sanctum and it's not even close. It barely even had anything worth getting and only on 25-man mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    wtf guys? thron of the 4 winds was so fucking HORRIBLE! did you ever play alakir hc? man worst fucking encounters ever. even DS was better (i iked it)
    Throne of the Four Winds was beautiful, and Al'Akir was fun enough. That's why I assume people don't list it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

AQ40. Trash so horrible that one of the top guilds in the world was perma-banned from the game for hacking to skip it.

Shrug. ToTFW was only bad if your group had idiots who couldn't figure out the mechanics. It was actually a pretty cool raid.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Throne of the Four Winds was beautiful, and Al'Akir was fun enough. That's why I assume people don't list it.
    wtf Al'akir HC and conclave was not fun! Especially as melee in terms conclave! Q_Q

Deleted
    Naxxramas, simply because of the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Agreed up to the beautiful part. But that place wasn't fun.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. ToTFW was only bad if your group had idiots who couldn't figure out the mechanics. It was actually a pretty cool raid.
    We figured out mechanics fine. It was just terribly annoying and boring.