Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, he should have punted the gnome. THAT would have made it the best raid in the game.
    Can you imagine the camera chasing him from a distance, revolving around him, like really extending that flight as he bounces off the top of Wyrmrest Keep and lands somewhere in the northern seas? (And gets sent to Westfall for his rez because wtf blizzard, really? Every time?)

Mount Hyjal....

the absolute worst trash ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, he should have punted the gnome. THAT would have made it the best raid in the game.
    Yeah true, I imagine something team rocket style. Well it was a cheap set up for some horde and alliance banter and probably the most important role a gnome has ever played in the last 9 years of wow.

Back in the day I used to lament in guild chat all the time how the arena was such a wasted opportunity for blizzard. Instead of throwing Anub at you after shattering the ground they could have made you experience more of the forgotten kingdom and make this a good and memorable raid, sadly it was totally half assed and killed ulduar progression way to early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the opinion is pretty unanimous, that Dragon Soul was the worst raid.

The Deathwing encounters in particular, were awful. You never felt like you were fighting Deathwing -- you fought a bunch of adds.
    I remember when Cataclysm was announced, and I was thinking, "Wow, we get to fight Deathwing; I get to tank him!"

And instead, I tanked shit coming out of his fingers.

Deleted
    Gonna list my top 3 in descending order.

Dragon Soul
    Heart of Fear
    Ruby Sanctum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Looks like the opinion is pretty unanimous, that Dragon Soul was the worst raid.

The Deathwing encounters in particular, were awful. You never felt like you were fighting Deathwing -- you fought a bunch of adds.
    I remember when Cataclysm was announced, and I was thinking, "Wow, we get to fight Deathwing; I get to tank him!"

And instead, I tanked shit coming out of his fingers.
    Exactly! I was sooo looking forward to an awesome new Dragon encounter... Then we get adds, tentacles and more adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    When cata came out all raids sucked. It became a job to look at numbers meters counters and cooldowns 24/7 instead of enjoying the content. So it felt like a waste of money
    I am confused by this particularly when I think T11 was easier than T10 prenerfs along with the factor that only a minority of raiders killed LK which was not an easy fight for most guilds and PuGs. So ether you are among one of the super skilled and just found ICC easier or you are comparing nerfed content experiences of things like ICC without comparing them to that of the nerfed raids in Cata. I had time to enjoy the fights in Cata as well and look at the scenery just as I had back in all of WotLK and BC. It was BC that I actually spent the most time looking at things like DoT and CC timers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im sure Dragonsoul and ToC will get the biggest hits but i for one thought Magtheridon, Onyxia, Gruuls Lair, Vault of Archavon, Malygos type raids were always kind of shitty. while the encounters themselves werent bad the experience was kind of shitty. little bit of trash and 1 or 2 bosses and thats it. seemed like a waste of time in all reality. again i dont think these raids were all that terrible, more that the design of them were terrible.

ive always been a fan of the bigger raids personally, like karazhan, naxx, ulduar, icc. i really cant vote on worst raid as even though i didnt care for the aforementioned raids i still had fun doing them with my friends but i guess if i had to pick a least favorite one it would have to be Sarth's Lair. i dunno it just seemed kinda pointless to me, he didnt seem to be very threatening and was just kinda "there". i didnt play during Dragonsoul so i cant comment on it, and even though a lot of people didnt like ToC i thought it was alright. wasnt too long, wasnt too short. the lack of trash i thought was a breath of fresh air honestly and truth be told if it wasnt released when it was and kind of make Ulduar obsolete i think it would have gotten a better reception, but thats just my opinion

Deleted
    I swear ToC and ToGC was so fucking awesome.
    I started playing late TBC and I had no idea what a raid was till start of WotLK... All the raids were fucking awesome. Naxx takes the crown. I loved it. Ulduar was amazing but as a noob I didn't feel the <WarCraft> about that place... ToC... man, that was so exciting.

Anyone who doesn't think Molten Core was the worst is kidding themselves. It got a pass because we didn't have expectations yet. Also, the pseudo-pvp in Trial of the Crusader was better than any individual fight in ICC.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I didn't like DS, but I won't go around saying it was the worst. Yes, maybe the fights were too easy and too recycled, but it was somewhat fun. Especially Ultraxion. I mean seriously; who didn't enjoy dpsing and healing that fight?

I would personally say that ToT has been my least favorite tier; I played DS wayyy more than i did ToT, and somehow even though ToT wasn't live as long as DS was, I despise it. Everything was so dull and boring. Even though I only got through four heroic fights, they didn't entice me at all. The fights had no substance, especially Megaera. That fight was so redundant and repetitive I wanted to uninstall the game every time I did it.

I'm pretty excited for Siege, hoping that at least some of it will remind me of FL (open-concept, trash farming, skipping bosses/doing them in no particular order). having the raid be in more than one zone (rather than ToT's irritating blue atmosphere EVERYWHERE) may make things a bit more interesting.

My personal favorite was FL. Even though people complained about blizz recycling rag, I found his fight to be stimulating - especially on Heroic. The entire open-concept was awesome, and the idea of trash farming for decent epics replaced the LFR-farming. If both existed, I'm sure they'd co-exist peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think Molten Core was the worst is kidding themselves.
    That's probably because such a tiny percentage of people have actually done Molten Core when it was relevant. I literally just finished MC for a battle pet run (no luck) and it's just a gigantic trashfest. (And trash mobs with over 100k health in Vanilla, good god.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    Also, the pseudo-pvp in Trial of the Crusader was better than any individual fight in ICC.
    I hated that fight, I don't want PvP in my PvE.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-09-09 at 09:10 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

1) Zul Gurub - fucking fugly environment, trolls everywhere, annoying bosses, annoying trash, hideous gear, totally unrewarding.

2) MSV - totally boring, more trolls, too many counsel bosses, anticlimactic add-only boss, Elegon was awesome

3) DS - it's down this far because it was a pretty entertaining raid for healers with challenging raid-splitting and aoe megadamage. On the list because it was too short, every single environment was re-used (except spine), every boss model was re-used. Madness was fun to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    I'd imagine it was hard for you if you can't even read properly. Running is harder than walking but that doesn't mean it's very hard. And Dragon Soul was more challenging and complex than TBC bosses. There were only three challenging bosses before Sunwell and two of them were only hard because they were so damn long.

How fast it takes to clear normal modes is hardly a sign of how easy content is. Honestly if you don't clear normal within the first two weeks you're not even trying. Heroic modes were pretty good in Dragon Soul before the noob-buff started rolling.
    Omg such BS I can't stand it
    I was killing heroic bosses in DS in PUGS, the SAME WEEK HEROIC MODE WAS RELEASED

Ds is horrible, period.

Deleted
    I'm on the Dragon Soul bandwagon. I really loathed the whole twilight crap which Cata was built around, and a whole raid on that... Don't get me wrong, I really love the old-god theme, but this one seemed veeery cheap.
    It's redeeming-ish quality was the Yor'sahj fight. I found that quite enjoyable.

Most annoying raid: ToC

Most disappointing raid: Dragonsoul; one shot first boss, meant no hope for what remained (which isn't to say we one shot the rest, but that pretty much killed any anticipation we had about the other bosses)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Must be Dragonsoul for me. The last two fights were so boring and I really didn't find the whole raid interesting in general.

ToGC fights were mostly very good in I found, just the setting and story were really bad. Also I did it way too many times each week, which is my own fault I guess.

Dragon Soul for sure, felt like a massive anti-climax and as disjointed as the 80-85 leveling experience.

ToGC actually seemed to have real purpose in lore and having the Lich King turn up was fantastic.

Dragonsoul is the worst by full raid standards.

Most players tend to kick ToC around, however it knew what it wanted to be and imo was perfectly fine for what it was. A filler raid that wanted to take a shot at some new designs. Some worked, some didn't. "A" for taking the risk and accomplishing what it was designed to do, "c-" for execution.

Deleted
    DS wasnt thaaaaat bad.

It was PRETTY bad but it had some unique encounters like Spine, Warlord Zon'ozz even Hagara to some point