Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Worst WoW raid ever?

The answers will probably be predictable but since "best raid" topics keep getting made - what do you think was the worst? I am torn between Trial of the (Grand) Crusader and Dragon Soul. I think ToC/ToGC was technically worse but I always expected it to be a filler raid. Dragon Soul was more of a disappointment because I expected something really cool and epic for Deathwing's raid and instead we got a bunch of reused environments and lame end boss(es).

Dragonsoul. Worst boss encounters ever.

TOGC had some interesting concerts at the very least.

dragonsoul is the worst, and i agree that even ToGC had better encounters.

Deleted
    Dragonsoul like the whole Cataclysm expansion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The answers will probably be predictable but since "best raid" topics keep getting made - what do you think was the worst? I am torn between Trial of the (Grand) Crusader and Dragon Soul. I think ToC/ToGC was technically worse but I always expected it to be a filler raid. Dragon Soul was more of a disappointment because I expected something really cool and epic for Deathwing's raid and instead we got a bunch of reused environments and lame end boss(es).
    100% with the OP's opinion.

gotta agree with everyone else so far D-D-D-D-Dragon soul.

stack and dps/heal stack and dps heal, a band aid to resto shamans being a useless healer these encounters just stack everyone in healing rain and spam CH.

end of expansion badass deathwing...reduced to 2 10+ minute packs of trash. EPIC FAIL.

DS, when you consider it is was the climax of Cataclysm.

But if take that context out, ToGC, Ruby Sanctum, MC and alot of the vanilla content are the worse now.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul.

Pretty much all of Cata was deep into Blizzard's laziness and the raids were no different.

People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.

On topic though, ToC is still the champion of poorly executed raids.
    a) you can run it 3 times a week
    b) no trash made for a really uninvolved and boring instance
    c) only cool room was for the last boss
    d) most bosses were boring
    and of course, e) "Lets prepare to kill LK by killing off our strongest champions!"

10+ Year Old Account
    TotGC. Holy crap did I ever hate everything in there. To go from Naxx and Ulduar to TotGC was such a downward leap in enjoyment. ICC was a breath of fresh air after a long time of torture.

Edit: I should mention I liked Anub'arak. He's a badass.

Going on a limb here and gonna say.... heart of fear

10+ Year Old Account
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Dragonsoul like the whole Cataclysm expansion...
    I can only Agree with most of the people in this thread, dragon soul was (in my eyes) a horrible horrible raid. I actually really liked TotC.

As for the quoted post, to be fair Tier 11 was a really cool tier, cataclysm gets a lot of hate but I think it started off being really awesome.

For me it's definitely Dragon Soul Z starring Goke aka Green Jesus aka Thrall, with the exciting final fight of the expansion with Deathwing nails
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance
    Explain why there was a lack of substance? Ulduar was one of the lore-heaviest raids we've ever seen.

Look, a new and original thread!

But I'll play along. Since I started raiding (ICC), Dragon Soul followed by Heart of Fear. I simply detest bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.
    Eh, I killed heroic Spine the day before the first stacking nerf went live and would have killed Madness pre-nerf if we had a couple more days. It was just not epic for a final boss IMO. It never felt like we were fighting a dragon just a bunch of trash.

Dragonsoul for sure. Nothing about it felt good at all. Spine was really the only unique fight DS offered.

At least ToGC had fun and unique encounters. It required people to pay attention from the get go. I have many memories of yelling "STOP HEALING US UP" on Anub lol.

Next to being short and having a bland setting ToGC was a well done raid imo.