Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got one for each expansion basically:
    Vanilla:
    AQ40 was horrible due to the longest corpse run ever from CTHUN and all that stupid thrash
    TBC: everything was fine, maybe magtheridon and his no.. not again! and all the "sorry misclick! -->wipe"
    WOTLK: TOC was horrible and ruby sanctum thrash was stupid ...
    CATA: noone remembers Thone of 4 winds? jump, puddle, jump again more puddles .. And Alakir was so overtuned for 25 men hc it was kind of "i will do this once for achivement and never come back" including the most ridiculous loot system ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Personally reusing environments was never a gripe I had with DS, my main problem with it is Deathwing is a bitch, literally no one gave one fuck about it. He was not menacing or scary, he didn't make you want to defeat him like the LK did. He's just all, herpderp I'm a crayfish dragon that destroys shit come raid me.

Let's look at the very last fight where you face deathwing, it's embarrassing considering what Blizz has put out before it. Getting help and stupidly OP buffs from the aspects to make lolDPS go crazy felt cheap.

Also this was when LFR was put out iirc so it was even more cheap and people gave even less of a shit. Cool this destroyer of worlds can be afk'd for loots. Bravo, Cata was a massive fail.

I've accepted LFRetards and other things Blizz has added but Cata was just not the time. It was already having issues. I DID like Firelands and BWD and ToTFW, but DS was just shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people couldn't wait for that expansion to be over, and believe me when I say I hate the childish panda theme we have now but current WoW is 10x better.

Let's just forget Cata existed, an MoP too once we get a real WoW themed xpac.
    Just wanted to thank you for this. Great post, I completely agree.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Eye of Eternity. Gimmicky little raid with one of the most anticlimactic endings (push buttons in sequence, collect loot), and particularly sad because it was one of only two original bosses in that initial raid tier. Then wasting a lore character like that, for reasons that were by and large unexplained. The whole Nexus war was kind of ridiculous, given everything else that was going on. I just do not have fond memories of that raid, Obsidian Sanctum did that type of raid SOOOO much better.
    Isnt that playing your class though?

If you quested in the area and finished out that quest line from the Nexus to the Oculus, then Eye of Eternity, plus the nexus world area you would know why he had to die. Forgot to mention the key quest that drops from sapphiron

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Dragonsoul, even ToC is awesome compared to that pile of shit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    interview tom chilton, back in cata

Players will be battling Deathwing after the patch arrives. What can you tell us about this encounter?
    "There is very little I can talk about as far as the fight with Deathwing goes, except that it's a most certainly going to be the most epic encounter we've ever made in terms of the sheer number of phases, and how much goes into each of those phases. The one example I call out is that in one of those phases you're actually flying over the maelstrom, fighting on his back to try and bring him down to the ground so you can fight him there."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/i...#ixzz2eOyumap2
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

did he really believe in it or was it just a sale pitch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance

Damn, Ulduar was definitely the best raid Blizzard has ever released. It still remains to be epic. I clear it every week just because of nostalgia..

Dragon Soul only felt stupid because LFR was AFK-Clearable.. Heroic progression was intense.

But yeah, to end an epic expansion, Blizz could have put a bit more work into DS.

Naxx rehash- too easy,it was somewhat cool with lvl 200 blues and T6 epics,but when you got ilvl 213-219 it was easymode and boring as hell.
    Onyxia rehash- too dumb and unnecessary.
    I have quit raiding couple months after ICC release(which i would put on nr.3 of worst WoW raids,just because it was a huge letdown in comparison to BT),so cant give my opinion on Cata/MoP raids.
    Last edited by Kaynot; 2013-09-09 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic.
    I did heroic DS and must say, no it was at no time even nearly epic. It was just way to easy in terms of mechanics, only dps-checks like spine were kinda "hard". Except DW no other had any lore outside of DS, there was just no connection to these bosses plus rehashed zones plus just 8 bosses and this for the final raid tier.

ToC was okay, I know many don't like the idea of absent trash, but tbh I love it, trash just costs time and does nothing. I'm interested in nice boss encounters with cool mechanics, not in fighting gainst an army of trash mobs. The idea behind ToC was also okay, a trial to test us, if we are strong enough to fight on Tirion's side gainst Arthas.
    There are just two things, I did not like about ToC: 4 IDs (10/10hc/25/25hc) and it was way to short.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    What was wrong with it? Do you not like bugs!
    I dont like the boss fights, I do not like the ammount of trash, the scenery is bad aswell. There is not one positive thing about the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    TotGC. Holy crap did I ever hate everything in there. To go from Naxx and Ulduar to TotGC was such a downward leap in enjoyment. ICC was a breath of fresh air after a long time of torture.

Edit: I should mention I liked Anub'arak. He's a badass.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Fuck TotGC. Just fuck it.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    interview tom chilton, back in cata

Players will be battling Deathwing after the patch arrives. What can you tell us about this encounter?
    "There is very little I can talk about as far as the fight with Deathwing goes, except that it's a most certainly going to be the most epic encounter we've ever made in terms of the sheer number of phases, and how much goes into each of those phases. The one example I call out is that in one of those phases you're actually flying over the maelstrom, fighting on his back to try and bring him down to the ground so you can fight him there."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/i...#ixzz2eOyumap2
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

did he really believe in it or was it just a sale pitch?
    Probably a bit of both. I bet the encounter wasn't finished yet so some phases/mechanics may have gotten scrapped. Also he's not going to say that the raid is going to suck lol.

Dragon soul. Firelands was actually one of the TOP raids ever, so was the whole tier 11.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Agree with the OP.

Karazhan, mostly because of the worst boss event in the game, the Opera Event. Went 26 weeks in-a-row getting the Romulo and Julianne event.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands was ok, but not breathtaking. Only heroic alysrazor and especially heroic ragnaros were trully epic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Karazhan, mostly because of the worst boss event in the game, the Opera Event. Went 26 weeks in-a-row getting the Romulo and Julianne event.
    hardly believable, the most common was wizard of oz. the other 2 have a lesser probability.

DS or Heart of fear. HoF cause of the gray/brown muddy color palet, the bosses all look the same to me, nothing really stood out.
    Why DS is the worst have already been explained countless times in the thread.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Worst overall - Dragon Soul. Well explained a million times already - too long lasting, too bland, too repetitive.
    Worst balanced - Sunwell. Forcing class stacking and picking one specific profession to exploit the game to even beat the damn bosses? No ty.
    Worst designed - HOF and TOC. Both raids pretty meh, although TOC does feel like half tier instead of full-blown raid. I treat it like MSV in tier14 - a prelude before icc with some new shiny gear for people that couldn't beat Ulduar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Molten f*cking Core. It was a brown and red hole, without any environmental finesse, whose bosses were tank/spank/dispel-one-debuff all over the place, with the notable exception of Shazzrah, which was fucked up and boring as hell, and Ragnaros, who was the only good thing in that place.
    Its luck was the epic feeling of being the first raid. That said, it was absolutely terrible. Any product that level thrown out a couple years later would have been shat on by every player, let alone now.

TotC at least was challenging (heroic mode speaking of course) and had some interesting fights, even if the environment was underwhelming and following Ulduar was a difficult legacy. DS was... well, bad. But at least we had some cool mechanics.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings, as well. Granted, I did not play back when MC was current content, but I'm rather positive that nostalgia is affecting the opinions many players here. I can go back to Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau or Karazhan and totally understand why players felt these were amazing instances, even if I didn't raid back then either. Sure, I think Trial of the Crusader and Dragon Soul were both pretty damn awful, but I'd gladly take either of them over Molten Bore a hundred times over.

Deleted
    Either DS or the shitty, re-hashed version of Naxx.