Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sometimes I think ToC/ToGC gets a bad rap because it came directly after amazingsauce Ulduar. I didn't like the 1 room nature and lack of trash, but I felt that ToGC was actually an okay raid. The balls of doom in Twins was fun and Faction Champs was excellent (I know there are people that wanna say "keep your PvP outta my PvE", but really, it was fresh). Dragon Soul was just.......meh. The only thing that was interesting was Spine. Everything else felt recycled and rebranded. But nothing was worse than OS. Unless you were doing OS+3 before you were so outgeared for it that you could zerg it before Immunity, there was very little challenge involved and it was boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I hated that fight, I don't want PvP in my PvE.
    I know because it's difficult to be more aware of situational fighting as opposed to "Must Use Rotations". Most of my guild didn't understand the mechanics behind it so I actually had to switch over from my pally main to my rogue in order to stunlock one of the healers so that we could progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobum View Post
    I think more people would say Ruby Sanctum if they didn't completely forget that it existed.

I hate ruby sanctum so much
    Well keep in mind that RS really isn't a full "raid" in the same way Ulduar, DS, ICC, or BT are. It's like OS, Ony, or even Gruuls; mini/short raids.

Funny, i actually liked the Deathwing fights, but didn't like Dragonsouls looks.

Dragonsoul wasn't that bad, if i think about the hardmodes.
    Deathwing fights were new and not some "spank me harder" fights. These fights i really hate, because they are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.

On topic though, ToC is still the champion of poorly executed raids.
    a) you can run it 3 times a week
    b) no trash made for a really uninvolved and boring instance
    c) only cool room was for the last boss
    d) most bosses were boring
    and of course, e) "Lets prepare to kill LK by killing off our strongest champions!"
    Heroic wasn't epic. Stop just.... stop

Also ToC was ACTUALLY more along the lines of. Lets gather the best of the best azeroth has to offer and challenge them against to find the strike force to take down arthas with with minimal losses and minimal undead reinforcements from ppl who die.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-09 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    I started raiding shortly after the BC launch and the only raid i ever REALLY disliked was SWP.. i agree on the various statements of Deathwing being a lame "trash"-fight boss but it was still pretty enjoyable for quite some time. ToHC/ToC was a cool raid if it wasn't for the dozens of kills on different difficulties and characters each week.
    I don't even know why i hated SWP so much besides the nuisance of not having any motivation to fight Kael'thas Sunstrider's retarded shit AGAIN :P

Quote Originally Posted by Merador View Post
    Funny, i actually liked the Deathwing fights, but didn't like Dragonsouls looks.

Dragonsoul wasn't that bad, if i think about the hardmodes.
    Deathwing fights were new and not some "spank me harder" fights. These fights i really hate, because they are boring.
    What? Spine and Madness are the most awful boring repetitive fights pretty much ever in this game. Nevermind Deathwing being the most anticlimatic easy failure endboss of any raid tier let alone EXPANSION for that matter. It's laughable

Nefarian or Al'Akir would of served as a better endboss. Lets not even talk about Ragnaros with Dragon soul Heroci following that it was like.... Is this a joke?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-09 at 11:10 PM.

Trail of the grand crusader.
    Had nothing against ToGC, but after going from Ulduar which was the most fun i'v had raiding since vanilla into trail and having to wait so long for icc i would rate it was the most boring raid. Havnt been inside a raid instance since the first bosses in icc so cant comment on cata or mop.
    Last edited by joppas; 2013-09-09 at 11:08 PM.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    I started raiding shortly after the BC launch and the only raid i ever REALLY disliked was SWP.. i agree on the various statements of Deathwing being a lame "trash"-fight boss but it was still pretty enjoyable for quite some time. ToHC/ToC was a cool raid if it wasn't for the dozens of kills on different difficulties and characters each week.
    I don't even know why i hated SWP so much besides the nuisance of not having any motivation to fight Kael'thas Sunstrider's retarded shit AGAIN :P
    wait..... Kael was tempest keep not SWP......... unless you are talking about a 5 man..... I doubt you did SWP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Trail of the grand crusader.
    Had nothing against ToGC, but after going from Ulduar which was the most fun i'v had raiding since vanilla into trail and having to wait so long for icc i would rated it was the most boring raid. Havnt been inside a raid instance since the first bosses in icc so cant comment on cata or mop.
    what..... Ulduar launched in mid april and was obsolete before August. LK launched in like November/ December. Yeah! that long wait =/

Shoutout to Throne of the 4 winds w/ an RNG Alakir and a Council where you had to harrass your DK into kiting adds (and stacking Frost Mages w/ pre-nerf Deep Freeze). Terrible random stat loot too.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    what..... Ulduar launched in mid april and was obsolete before August. LK launched in like November/ December. Yeah! that long wait =/
    Yep. Atleast when you clear it in normal and heroic in record time. Every reset its 1 day and everything done and you have to wait another week to do it all over again. Shortest raid ever and no real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think Molten Core was the worst is kidding themselves. It got a pass because we didn't have expectations yet. Also, the pseudo-pvp in Trial of the Crusader was better than any individual fight in ICC.
    Good joke Don't even need LK to beat that one Deathwhisper or Putricide beat it solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Yep. Atleast when you clear it in normal and heroic in record time. Every reset its 1 day and everything done and you have to wait another week to do it all over again. Shortest raid ever and no real challenge.
    Really because Anub Arak H 25 was one of the best encounters of Wotlk. Twins was just fun. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEdaamage

Also not sure why anyone knocks Ruby Sanctum. Perhaps they never did Heroic 25 because it was a star gem with LK for testing new trials and if their good or should be kicked.

maybe we shouulda got Theramore scenario instead of a raid. Yeah Ruby sanctum a completely 100% unexpected bonus raid. Lets shittalk unexpected raid content. If they do a pre expac 1-3 boss raid for Legion/Old gods this expac those people should be forced to sit outside.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-09 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Really because Anub Arak H 25 was one of the best encounters of Wotlk. Twins was just fun. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEdaamage
    Like i said, i didnt mind togc. Just a short and boring raid instance in my opinion compared to other raids.
    Last edited by joppas; 2013-09-09 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    For me it was actually Ulduar. I hated all the random achievements, I hated the hardmode-activation shit and I was already furious at the T7 content being so incredibly easy. Basicly. Ulduar was released at a very bad time for me. There were good things about the instance, but the achievements, hardmode-activation and lack of difficulty on normal mode just destroyed everything.

What... the?! I'm just shocked. You ACTUALLY think Ulduar was the worst raid ever?! And man I'm amazed you found the way those hard mode activations were done to be bad. I loved that. I miss it greatly. Back then there was always a giant difference between normal and hard mode. These days we sometimes get a new ability or two, but thats it for the most part. Also the random achievements imo was another awesome thing about it. I felt like my guild and I had something to do every time we went in there thanks to so many achievements.

I guess everyone has their own opinion, but for me Ulduar was the pinnacle of raiding. And it's fitting that it was Tigole's last encounter as lead raid designer. And what was Scott Mercer/Daelos first raid? TotGC!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niley View Post
    I'm surprised not too many people are saying molten core, all bosses and trash have same/similar models, boss mechanics usually has only 1 thing that You need to do. Whole instance has same boring look.
    ..Because Molten Core was the first raid ever, and was pretty amazing compared to many Everquest raids before it. You seriously cannot compare it to raids of today. Seriously I doubt anyone that entered MC for the first time in 2005 thought it was lame. It was epic, beyond epic for its time. All we had to compare it to was UBRS, lol. Of course BWL blew it away when it was released. BWL was just awesome though all in all. Although three of the bosses being generic black drakes was a downer!

Is it so hard to accept that people's opinions of the quality of a raid are completely personal and subjective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    ToES. Every boss in that instance on heroic was annoying and not fun to do more than once.
    Don't be silly. It's not like Lei Shi is the worst encounter ever..... (Excluding Faction Champions. That's PvP, not a raid fight.)

OT: Dragon Soul for worst raid ever.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Icecrown Citadel. It wasn't nearly as big as it should have been.

Should have been at least 3 times the size of what it was. The size of Ulduar, or a little bigger

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is it so hard to accept that people's opinions of the quality of a raid are completely personal and subjective?
    Still there seems to be a consensus about what the worst/best raids are and both are backed up with arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Dragonsoul. Worst boss encounters ever.

TOGC had some interesting concerts at the very least.
    This this and did I say this? To me if Totc raid was in a different environment with mobs, this raid IMO wouldn't be looked down upon as much. Dragon Soul...the bosses was so uninspired and was just boring. The same room basically for 2 of the bosses. I didn't mind the rehash of using Dragonblight because that was cool, the story behind the raid itself IMO was good, but wow the bosses in it outside of Airship one weren't that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    Icecrown Citadel. It wasn't nearly as big as it should have been.

Should have been at least 3 times the size of what it was. The size of Ulduar, or a little bigger
    It was the size of Ulduar. It had 12 encounters. Or were you talking physical size, as in the size of the zone itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).