For the Alliance! Or not?

After the Siege of Orgrimmar as we know the Horde will be in ruins, will Alliance get more love and focus than they did in Pandaria from Blizzard lorewise in the next expansion?
    We already know that we won't be getting things like Ashenvale or other notarious Horde ganking zones or any other real recognition even after the massive victory in the Alliance vs Horde war.
    Well we won cause the Horde basicly went insane or part of it did, yet it doesn't reflect in the gameplay in anyway, the Horde still dominates 80-90% of the battlegrounds and top Alliance raid guilds change to Horde, because of racial traits, doesn't really feel like Alliance accomplished anything cause their story got stuck.´The Horde revolution takes a big chunk out of our glory, but would have been nice to see more shifting in the game.

Like for example King Varian Wrynn accepting the Horde revolutionaries to be part of the Alliance and unite Azeroth to battle against the Legion and imprisoning the remaining evil Horde for the time being. Of course from the Horde players perspective this would propably not be very enjoyable playing the next expansion locked up inside a cubic cell in a detention center in a straitjacket, cuffs and a ball & chain, so the shifting might be something in the lines of being granted a redemption for the revolutionaries to join the Alliance forces as trolls, taurens and so on.. Players who want remain evil and play as a villain on the antagonist side, would be allowed to play as the Burning Legion as demon, dreadlord, satyr, fel orc, infernal etc races.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my god... are you actually complaining about horde bias just because horde are better in BGS and players faction change to horde? Are you honestly moaning because of what other players are doing and calling that faction bias?
    #boycottchina

The story will continue on as it has. Alliance will say Blizzard doesn't care about the Alliance story (and it does seem that way to Alliance players) and Horde players will keep saying the story is all about Alliance (because of Arthas, Illidan, Medivh, etc). But one thing we know for sure is that the World of Warcraft will continue spinning and we will keep seeing threads like this till the servers shut off.

I know this is slightly off-topic but I'm getting sick of Alliance players complaining about "lack of story-line" or "glory." And I play Alliance.

Onyxia, Illidan, Arthas all heavily intertwined with Alliance lore. I leveled both factions in WOTLK and the Alliance questing/story was at least 10 times more interesting.

Also, to say killing a horde leader is unfair to Alliance is just bogus.

As far as BGs go, both factions have an advantage on different maps. It's impossible to avoid that without making maps perfectly symmetrical which they are not.

To say Blizz has a bias towards one faction is laughable too though, because if anything, I would say they favour Alliance more. Outside of Garrosh/Thrall/Sylvannas, there are not nearly as many interesting characters/storylines, and all 3 of those characters either left the Horde or have/are betraying it.

I don't want the story Alliance favored or Horde favored. I want it balanced.

No it won't be more Alliance focused. Actually from what I've seen, I think it actually might be more balanced, strangely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh my god... are you actually complaining about horde bias just because horde are better in BGS and players faction change to horde? Are you honestly moaning because of what other players are doing and calling that faction bias?
    Heyyyy Trassk has his old avatar back.

Also, forsaken and trolls spit on your alliance.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    This opening post was painful to read, let alone comprehend. Sorry.

I have no idea as to how - or more importantly - as to WHY PvP structure and win/loss ratio should reflect storyline shifts.

As for BattleGround PvP in general... I'm still waiting for WoW developement team to either remove EMFH or equip every race with it before I will allow myself to admit that they are halfway competent at what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post

Onyxia, Illidan, Arthas all heavily intertwined with Alliance lore.
    For some reason I keep seeing posts with an opinion like this. This faction flavour of those two is only 'apparent' to those of us who played actual Warcraft games - and that was a lifetime ago. My Warcraft experience had begun with WoW itself and for me both of those were overlords that both factions were working to destroy.
    Last edited by mmocbbd6f38251; 2013-09-09 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

that'd be pointless. most top rated arena players aren't human, all top rated raiding guilds are horde. EMFH doesn't need to go, berserking and blood fury do first.
    What a load of bollocks. If it wasn't for EMFH and the disadvantage it posed since anything past WoW Vanilla, you wouldn't have Berserking and Blood Fury being rebalanced every time a new tier of trinkets is released.

There IS a reason as to why these abilities got buffed to heavens and beyond while everything Alliance that wasn't a human became shittier to the point of being unplayable. Removing EMFH at the stage of TBC surely would have angered a metric shitton of people, but it still would be nothing compared to armageddon that would have elapsed now AND it would have saved a decent chunk of work that is spent to provide padding for a cancer.
    Last edited by mmocbbd6f38251; 2013-09-09 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by rede View Post
    Well we won cause the Horde basicly went insane or part of it did, yet it doesn't reflect in the gameplay in anyway, the Horde still dominates 80-90% of the battlegrounds and top Alliance raid guilds change to Horde, because of racial traits, doesn't really feel like Alliance accomplished anything cause their story got stuck.
    And what da hell Blizzard should do about it? Turn BGs in easy wins for the Alliance just for give them "sense of victory"? Win and loss in a Battleground is decided by the players that play in it, not by the story or by Blizzard deciding which side should win regardless of the players, well, playing in it.

About the racials, only the hardcore guilds care to do something like transfer to the other faction just for get even a trivial DPS bonus due to a better racial, and how that should be tied with the lore is beyond my understanding.

P.S. I really doubt that the win ratio of the BGs is "80-90%" for the Horde, the true sensation when you join a BG, normally, is that you often feel to be on the losing side, and that the other faction have always more healers than your team, mostly because they are random BGs.

Completely Off Topic: Trassk, you should find a better pic of your avatar, that one is a bit low in quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.