Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Obnoxious players

Hey guys

I've always been partial to a bit of PvP, but recently, it's gotten really out of hand.

Whenever I join a battleground, i'll post my tried and tested tactics for a battleground win, on the off chance that people actually listen and follow it, but people really are getting to be obnoxious , disgusting idiots.

Over the past month, i've done a lot of battlegrounds, and I can honestly say in about 70% of all the battlegrounds I have done, I get called names for posting tactics, just there, I was in EOTS and posted tactics and instantly I had 2 people jumping down my throat, calling me an elitist arsehole, or I get comments such as "LOL YOU THINK YOUR A LEADER".

Is the playerbase really that retarded that they ignore people who know what the fuck they're doing?
    I really can't see why people act like dicks when they get told what to do.

Deleted
    You cant win by trying to help people in battlegrounds. You're lucky to get a response in my BGs as 80% of the players don't even read the chat and love to just mindlessly fight in the middle of nowhere (random roads in AB, the beach on SOTA). If you are lucky enough to get a response it will most likely be "yeah but I'm top of damage what have you done?". This is my experiences anyway yours might differ.

You have to pretty much be an asshole yourself to get heard by using caps and spamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people just don't care.
    Why try to win a battleground? There is zero point in trying to do so.
    People queue random bgs to have fun and dominate others.

Deleted
    People will perceive you as being arrogant and accusing them of not knowing what to do. The normal human response to that is to get defensive. I know I would.

A lot of people that post the strat are abrasive fuckwads themselves. I'm not saying that you are, but more often than not when I do a BG I'll queue with 3-4 other people. We're going to win regardless of what we do and more than likely the posted strat will be less fun and slower than whatever we're going to do. After a strat is posted, I explain that we have a group of 5, and what we're going to do. Occasionally they're fine with it, but more often than not I'm accosted by a very mediocre bg hero.

It's the internet, if you're a reasonable person you're in the minority.

I've found that suggesting certain tactics at the start rarely does any good. It's not a rbg. most of those who actually read chat don't even follow simple objectives, let alone listen to you. Don't waste your breath. If you do say anything later on, just make it short and to the point. Go here, Grab that, rein this base, put pressure on that base, always cc this person, kill this person first...this sometimes works.

There's an optimal strat for each bg. After playing rbgs for a long time, these just come natural. What aggravates me the most is being in a rbg, where the leader insists on the most unintelligible plan. I might suggest a different strat, but you never know when some primadonna is going to throw a fit. If things go south, I'll speak up and take charge.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i pay my 15$ a month do what i want!!! do you like being told what to do?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

well most people who post tactics do NOT know what they're doing so I kinda stopped paying attention. like in eots I'd rather distract 3-4 enemies on my own (with a shot at capping the flag every now and then) than heal some idiots who just beat on dps that are getting healed until their healer is oom.
    thence, even if you know what you're talking about it's another thing entirely to actually make the tactic work if half your team consists of retarded monkeys.

I will follow your instructions, and I hope a few others do as well. Otherwise, I will go to FR or BE an sit in the farthest corner, so that I am still in "defender" bonus but get kill credits from FR, DR, and mid. No instructions means your battlemaster healer is sitting and guarding a node by himself.

I find it obnoxious when some jabroni pally tank will follow me from one end of the map to the other, thinking he really has a chance to kill me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i pay my 15$ a month do what i want!!!
    And in a month, my $15 will be farming RBGs and making for damn sure General Nazgrim never dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Since when do people like being told what to do? "I really can't see why" you can't fathom people jumping at the opportunity to listen to a random stranger.

I'm not saying that a coordinated group, even if the strat is not optimal, isn't more formidable, but most people don't care to jump through a some bg hero's hoops.

If their experience is anything like mine, a lot of the most vocal people (either "leading" or complaining about how other people are causing the team to lose) they come across contribute the least and/or are decked out in greens and blues.
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2013-08-26 at 03:31 PM.

I always make fun of people who talk tactics in chat. Because I know they're tryhards and it amuses me to rile them up and watch them get angry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most PvPers are obnoxious, so it's not at all surprising that you find a lot of obnoxious players while doing PvP.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    People call u names cause u play in DIFFERENT way then they do, therefor u must be bad, that logic is in many other games too
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

People don't care. I don't care. If I want to worry about tactics; that's what rated BG's are for. Maybe I have been playing too long but I have long since given up on expectations in random BG's and I think you are an idiot if you have them. I join a random to do whatever the hell I want, not try and do tactics. But I am a product of time and that is what this game has reduced me to. Others might feel the same and this is why the ignore your efforts.

Edit: Quoted someone I didn't mean to.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2013-08-26 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted

Is the playerbase really that retarded that they ignore people who know what the fuck they're doing?
    Much like these forums (and many other for that matter) the playerbase of pretty much all online games
    have a majority of "retarded" people. I use quotes because i dont want to insult those who are legit retarded.
    Atleast they have an excuse for having broken brain function.

The short answer would be Yes. The playerbase is in most cases insanely retarded.

Play with friends or turn chat off. Thats the only tips i can give you

There are no baseline tactics to win a BG, they evolve and change over the course of the match and depend on classes and players. You can press a macro that says where you want groups to go all you like, you have no idea what the other team is doing and more often than not roles are not considered when someone posts their 'tried and tested' tactics macro.

Finally, the fundamental of leadership is that you have followers. Do not expect to lead when you have no one to lead.

If you're in a random bg, stop telling people what to do. Its a random bg and ppl will do what they want. They are overrun with bots anyways. If you want to express your tactics and tell people what to do, form a rated battleground. Whats your RBG rating? If you don't do rbgs it is pretty laughable. People will just see you as a random bg hero barking orders with nothing to back it up.

Try to find like-minded individuals and run rated-BG's. Randoms are what they are, akin to PVE LFR. Meaning, ppl are going to do what they please. Otherwise, put on your thick-skin or just ignore the nerd rage and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    I always make fun of people who talk tactics in chat. Because I know they're tryhards and it amuses me to rile them up and watch them get angry.
    "try hards" sounds like obnoxious vocabulary.

You let their comments get to you, so you try hard to get under their skin because you see them make suggestions/directing people because they want to win?

It's like trolls saying umad, when they themselves are phased. Game is full of people who use projection all too often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Most PvPers are obnoxious, so it's not at all surprising that you find a lot of obnoxious players while doing PvP.
    That's subjective.

I could say most PvE'ers are arrogant.

The game in general is filled with youth and man children who are rude, obnoxious and cruel to one another. Not much different then real life in that aspect. It's a shame that those people were ever born.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-08-26 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    Yes.

Actually, i was with you until
    Now im with the obnoxious players. who the f do you think you are?