Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad idea, leveling is extremely boring and the content begins at max level. Some people will love this, I wont since I no longer play it.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It should be free to players, like me, who have NEVER let their subscription expire. Blizz's loyalty to customers is actually better if you quit. Frustrating!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think u got another stupid idea, thats what i think
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinking more like $50 and only works for level 1 to 10. *waits to see how many are lazy enough to use it*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Was thinking more like $50 and only works for level 1 to 10. *waits to see how many are lazy enough to use it*
    If they did introduce this and someone did pay 50$ to go from 1 - 10 I would be really confused, I can level from 1 - 10 in an hour..
    Last edited by Beergod; 2013-09-10 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Would not care if they implented it but I would not use it. Just like I never understood people paying to get their character levled.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    LOL, whoaaa! Where you honestly able to type that with a straight face? Waaaaay too much srz over this, frankly, childish game. It's not like he was taking a dig at your ethnicity or family with indecent slang lol.

OT: the idea is great Jay. The people who don't like it can simply ignore the feature and continue leveling normally.

I honestly have no idea why this idea is being shot down. When the topic of the cosmetic helms and lesser charms in the store came up a while back the majority of the posters here were aggressively all for the idea stating the same thing you did here: "If you don't like it, don't buy it!"

The irony here is insane.
    Last edited by Donair; 2013-09-10 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... just no... I would hoever like it for gold after you reach max level on first toon you can pay 100k gold to get your next toon to max level... price gets 100k gold higher each time you buy it on a server.

Good i dea i would buy all the classes and have them all max lvl , i want them to sell the gear too as soon as each raid comes out i would buy the new gear and blizz would make more money. I dont care what anyone else thinks but i would use it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?]
    Whats the issue with calling it panda land?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    LOL, whoaaa! Where you honestly able to type that with a straight face? Waaaaay too much srz over this, frankly, childish game. It's not like he was taking a dig at your ethnicity or family with indecent slang lol.

OT: the idea is great Jay. The people who don't like it can simply ignore the feature and continue leveling normally.

I honestly have no idea why this idea is being shot down. When the topic of the cosmetic helms and lesser charms in the store came up a while back the majority of the posters here were aggressively all for the idea stating the same thing you did here: "If you don't like it, don't buy it!"

The irony here is insane.
    if they added it it would be a huge shit storm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    No... just no... I would hoever like it for gold after you reach max level on first toon you can pay 100k gold to get your next toon to max level... price gets 100k gold higher each time you buy it on a server.

I think you should get a stacking XP buff for each max level toon you have

Really I think the only difference here is the source of the idea. If Blizzard themselves had dropped a comment about potentially providing this feature at some point in the future, all the fans here would have jumped to the defense and used the same lines we heard them using to justify the cosmetic helms and lesser charms. They would have been all for it.

Unfortunately a Blizzard blue you are not Jay. Thus the general disapproval here. Your idea is sound though. At least based on the apologists' previous logic concerning these types of services.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    this 100% if you can't be assed to level you don't have enough time to play endgame
    Way to be wrong there.

I have 14 level 90's, can't be arsed to level through the same boring, braindead content over and over but I do since I want toons at max level for different purposes. Got more than enough time to play endgame and what some narrow-minded stranger says doesn't change that. I'd gladly pay a small fee to skip some parts of the leveling content since it doesn't give me ANYTHING that I haven't experienced. If someone thinks that it teaches you to handle the class, then that someone must be VERY bad at his/her class since you learn shit until max level and IF you develop the interest to do so. How many bad players are there out there who never seem to learn that standing in fire is very bad if it drops you health? Hmm? I see players daily without a clue, be they in bgs or LFR or HC's or just out in the world, failing at questmobs.

To answer the post. I'd gladly take a service like that, and until then if it ever comes, I'mma keep doing everything I can to save time when leveling via in-game means. Although I'm soon at my goal when it comes to max level toons so it might not even concern me by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigowatt View Post
    Sounds HORRIBLE!

The day they release true pay to win is the day they've given up >_<
    How is this pay to win exactly?

Fact is that every argument in favor of most 'QoL' changes already in the game can be used to defend a system like this as well.

"If you don't like it, nothing is keeping you from not using it".

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How is this pay to win exactly?

Fact is that every argument in favor of most 'QoL' changes already in the game can be used to defend a system like this as well.

"If you don't like it, nothing is keeping you from not using it".
    It's the fact that every other option is a matter of effort spent in-game. Unless I can earn real money without ever leaving WoW, then it's an issue of letting people have unfair advantages.

10+ Year Old Account
    To just pay for flat out levels, no.

The only way I see it working is for someone with a level 90 <class> who wants to make a new character of the same class on a new server, but doesn't want to level it, then they could pay for it to start out at a higher level.

It wouldn't bug me at all. My personal stance is that when I level a toon thats when I start to grasp the core mechanics of the class. If someone wants to pay to bypass that then go for it I guess. I think it only hinders you in the end.

Step 1: Unsubscribe as of march a few years ago.
    Step 2: Figure out how to do step 1.
    Step 3: ??? TARDIS?
    Step 4: Free 85 levels.

(I mean, jokes aside, blizz has allowed many ways to boost levels without actually even playing a character in the past)

Sometimes I enjoy levelling alts. But tbh, after 7+ years...... it's just not a frequent desire. I'd be for straight up buying 90s. However, what someone had posted earlier about lowering the amount of xp needed to hit max level per max level toon you have... that is a compromise I could get behind. Scales proportionately with how sick of that shit I'm getting, but doesn't rip dollars from my wallet.

Is this seriously something that someone would be in favor of? At some point the line has to be drawn with micro-transactions and I think that this would be well beyond that line.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want it however I'm not going to randomly quit over it by all means you can pay to level doesn't affect me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Not a bad idea, leveling is extremely boring and the content begins at max level. Some people will love this, I wont since I no longer play it.
    I think another good idea would be to pay $10 to automatically raid (LFR) for a week. Get appropriate rolls on gear every week. After all, some people find leveling fun and find normal /heroic raiding fun, but gearing up for raiding is just boring.

How does that sound ? That's the part I find boring and annoying is gearing up my level 90 to get into raids.