Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Instant "Ding! a level" paid service

Would you be in favor of an insta-level service if Blizz offered it along with all their other character services?

For example, lets say you have leveled through panda land a lot, or you just get tired of leveling through outland or northrend, and you want to skip those levels (or some of those levels), would you be in favor of a service for say.. $5 dollars per level, and increasing in price each level to a max of $10 per level on a specific character?

So say you get to 85, and you would rather not level through panda land yet again:

85 --> 86 = $5
    86 --> 87 = $6
    87 --> 88 = $7
    88 --> 89 = $8
    89 --> 90 = $9

so a total of $35 to skip the max levels only after you have leveled at least one character through panda land and or outland, northrend etc.

What do you think?

Posting in a Jaylock thread

Infracted: Please post something addressing the topic next time. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-09 at 11:18 PM.

I seem to remember a thread that was literally exactly this same post a couple months back, down to the layout hmm... (except it was in 10 lvl increments).

Anyway, no.

It encourages Blizz to make areas monotonous so you don't want to repeat them as opposed to making them dynamic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay to win is bad and anyone that likes that system is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I seem to remember a thread that was literally exactly this same post a couple months back, down to the layout hmm... (except it was in 10 lvl increments).

Anyway, no.

It encourages Blizz to make areas monotonous so you don't want to repeat them as opposed to making them dynamic.
    Well, think about times where you like to level, and then about times where you would rather skip a level or two. I think it would be a good idea to allow that especially after you have cleared the content before on another character.

It would just be like the recruit a friend level up system where you ding up, but you would actually have to pay to get the "free" level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    How is it pay to win? What are you winning at the end of the day? Time saved?

plz no

I'd like less emphasis on the cash shop, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well, think about times where you like to level, and then about times where you would rather skip a level or two. I think it would be a good idea to allow that especially after you have cleared the content before on another character.

It would just be like the recruit a friend level up system where you ding up, but you would actually have to pay to get the "free" level.

- - - Updated - - -

Mage is FOTM ? I'll just pay for have it at max level ! Need more or ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this 100% if you can't be assed to level you don't have enough time to play endgame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kargarok View Post
    Mage is FOTM ? I'll just pay for have it at max level ! Need more or ?
    How is this any different than transfering a mage to the server, or leveling it normally? All you are doing is saving time. And if people really want to spend a ton of money to have a character leveled from 1 to max level, then why shouldn't they be able to spend their money the way they want to?

- - - Updated - - -

How about Blizzard allow you to buy the best available gear for £40, or the best available PvP gear without rating.

I mean afterall "How is it pay to win? What are you winning at the end of the day? Time saved?"

Gawd I hope I don't get infracted.....

But seriouisly, if you want to "buy" levels from Blizzard, you may aswell just start botting It's probably cheaper than what you propose, and you still "play" your character.... sort of... well, maybe not.

Ok, seriously, botting's bad m'kay? And so is being able to buy levels... oh wait, RAF lets do that. So yea, just get a RAF account. Probably still cheaper if you hate levelling that much.

Only if there is a high chance each time you pay, to reduce you to level one instead. That would be kind of funny. Seriously though, no it is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I pay money every month to play this game. I'm not interesting in paying even more in order to to have less content, which is essentially what this is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Blizzard allow you to buy the best available gear for £40, or the best available PvP gear without rating.

I mean afterall "How is it pay to win? What are you winning at the end of the day? Time saved?"
    because in those instances, you are competing against other players, or with other players for an end goal. Leveling is a majority of questing and solo queueable dungeons.

wouldnt bother me, it'd be blocked for a few months at least so you couldn't just buy it, day 1 of xpac people dont even quest or do a damn thing and insta 90.

it'd have to require that you already have 1 level 90 before using this service, and 60 days after the expansion releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No. I pay money every month to play this game. I'm not interesting in paying even more in order to to have less content, which is essentially what this is.
    Ill use what everyone else uses with the LFR arguement. You dont have to do it, if you dont want to. Just level up normally.

What is it with you people? Its just an idea, and how would it ever hurt you if this was implemented?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope that nothing like this is implemented although I could certainly see how it might be helpful if you already had leveled a character to 90 the normal way. But on the whole, no, not interested in seeing this in the game.

EDIT: Post edited to avoid further derailment [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-10 at 12:05 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That guy said everything and I think it can /thread now.
    LESS BLIZZ SHOP PLS!
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    No please, no. No more overhauling leveling systems, no pay to level, no, no, no.

because in those instances, you are competing against other players, or with other players for an end goal. Leveling is a majority of questing and solo queueable dungeons.
    It doesn't require skill or ability, it's just time taken.

You can spam BG after BG and get the best gear with 0 skill, therefore it's just about time taken.