Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Priest in 5.4

Hi everyone... right now i'm playing a 536 itemlevel SP. I haven't been following much changes in 5.4, but I know we got our dots and swd buffed... what im wondering is, is our dmg now decent in the new raid? My alt is a mage (same itemlevel) and at least in 5.3 im much more happier playing that than my sp...

Anyone tried new raid a bit and can compare how well we do now? Thanks in advance.

There's about 5 or 6 threads on this subject already.

SPriest is in a pretty good place for 5.4. We're still not Mages/Locks, but it's definitely an improvement over the last few tiers of raiding.

Great improvement for 25 man. Still no go for 10 man unless your group lacks a sporebat.

According to raidbots they're fifth in dps right now. I know that's not how everyone will do, necessarily, but what makes you say they were in a shit place before?

Granted, it's 5.3 and I don't know for sure what they're changing in 5.4, but whatever.

Mage/Warlock DPS is so incredibly out of hand right now that the best SPriests are about as good as an equally geared, moderately skilled Warlock/Mage. It's shitty to try ten times harder and the only net benefit is that you're kind of competitive, and mostly only on fights which heavily favor our class mechanics.

Deleted
    Sad to see
    Quited subscription a while ago, Stil missing my priesty and wow.
    it wasnt that ez to find raid groups or you ended up doing all the dirty jobs cause *mage/lock* wanted to full dps :/
    even while doing 3 jobs at the same time stil getting shouted for lower dps
    doesnt sound like it wil be changed

I thought the trinket UVL or whatever its called will hurt locks lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I thought the trinket UVL or whatever its called will hurt locks lots?
    Demo will still use UVLS no matter what, and for Affliction it's not even BiS now on certain fights. And Destro, well who even cares about the one button spec.

OT: Shadow is good even now, with 50% haste in BiS gear, buffs to dots are more of adjustments to keep us in line with other dotters, who are also getting buffed, than actual buffs overall.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    OT: Shadow is good even now, with 50% haste in BiS gear, buffs to dots are more of adjustments to keep us in line with other dotters, who are also getting buffed, than actual buffs overall.
    Just a note...
    I don't think you can say "with 50% haste in bis gear" shadow is fine even now, personally I think it's a mistake to judge a class with BiS gear. I think we all raid to actually get BiS gear, and it's pretty obvious that while we get it we don't have that kind of stats yet.
    What i would like to know (from someone who tried SP and the new raid on ptr) is if shadow now is decent with the gear we have now. Because in 5.3 I did the mistake of choosing my SP over my mage, just to realize some time later that with my mage (with much worse gear then) i was actually doing much better than with my sp. I dont think SP should do the same dmg of mages/locks, but we shouldnt even be WAY behind.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Just a note...
    I don't think you can say "with 50% haste in bis gear" shadow is fine even now, personally I think it's a mistake to judge a class with BiS gear. I think we all raid to actually get BiS gear, and it's pretty obvious that while we get it we don't have that kind of stats yet.
    What i would like to know (from someone who tried SP and the new raid on ptr) is if shadow now is decent with the gear we have now.
    Well I don't know what you consider as the "gear we have now", but in my current gear I'm doing well on both live and PTR. You'll probably see a lot lower results in <545 illvl.

Just a quick question from a noobie shadow priest that hasn't kept up with changes either...are we suppose to double tap SW: D now?

Also, I'm reading that ToF is the go-to talent now? So for a fight like say...Malkorok, ToF is the better choice than DI?
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-09-11 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always double tap SW: D now.

ToF activating @ 35% is amazing especially with so many add fights this tier.

You may find this helpful:
    [H2P] Quick Links for Tier 16 Encounter Discussions (Shadow)

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Always double tap SW: D now.

ToF activating @ 35% is amazing especially with so many add fights this tier.

You may find this helpful:
    [H2P] Quick Links for Tier 16 Encounter Discussions (Shadow)
    Thanks a lot, though my question is more about if it's a single target fight with very little movement, is ToF better than DI? Sorry for wording it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Thanks a lot, though my question is more about if it's a single target fight with very little movement, is ToF better than DI? Sorry for wording it wrong.
    Do those even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    ToF and DI are competitive vs. one another in this kind of encounter with ToF having a small edge (bigger if you can get ToF to proc off of heals before the boss is at 35%).
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Do those even exist?
    Probably not, but hence my question I didn't think the buff to ToF would make it even/outdo DI on a single target fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    ToF and DI are competitive vs. one another in this kind of encounter with ToF having a small edge (bigger if you can get ToF to proc off of heals before the boss is at 35%).
    That's kind of crazy, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Yet again we got balanced around ToF. I'm just waiting for 5.4's "multidot too strong nerf the wrong spell". Meanwhile I only used DI for Iron Juggernaut, ToF for the rest.

Deleted
    Shadow priests are 1-4 on any fight no matter what you even pick. Did not tried ToF this lockout, but nearly on every SoO fight we rock. (mainly thanks to multidot)

460k on fallen protectors 25man normal last night..tof stays up once one boss goes down to 33%
    logged the fight but wol not updated with new bosses yet.
    funny feeling we will get a nerfhammer soon..unless we underscale gear wise in bis compared to the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by deamonlock View Post
    460k on fallen protectors 25man normal last night..tof stays up once one boss goes down to 33%
    logged the fight but wol not updated with new bosses yet.
    funny feeling we will get a nerfhammer soon..unless we underscale gear wise in bis compared to the other classes.
    460k on Protectors is nothing compared to Affliction pushing 550k+ with the new Soul Swap.
    We are not strong on council fights. We are strong on Boss + dying adds fight.
    Fights we should excel at are Norushen, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Spoils, Nazgrim. In our raid I've topped every single one of those, with only the tank on my side being ahead on Spoils, as all 3 monks we got we're tank buff ones. Matter of fact, the only fight where I wasn't top3 so far is Thok, where I came 4th, and Siegecrafter. Also keep in mind I had 0 PTR experience on all of the fights, and anyone who knows the fights from PTR can probably get much better results.