Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Can someone help. I got Aoc normal yesterday and was wondering how much haste should i aim now since it reduces the cd of Energy brew. Im quite low on haste now.
    My character name is Jutteri
    Haste is great, because you can just add or remove it as you need.

If your rotation feels slow with AOC, either use Fists of Fury more (it's much easier to use with 4pc), spam EB more, or just add more haste.

Deleted
    I'm personally a big fan of 12k+ haste, going to try out near to 15k when I get more gear.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    I'm personally a big fan of 12k+ haste, going to try out near to 15k when I get more gear.
    Granted you have an insane amount of stats.
    Is that w/o using EB or FoF at all? or keeping RJW up at all times?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Granted you have an insane amount of stats.
    Is that w/o using EB or FoF at all? or keeping RJW up at all times?
    Probably just try stuff out, have no real idea how it will work.

Have a feeling that haste will out preform crit after crit cap (60%)

Probably just try stuff out, have no real idea how it will work.

Have a feeling that haste will out preform crit after crit cap (60%)
    Hi there pattison. Like the way you play around with ur WW monk. I have one qurious question though, is there any reason that you are not going for the 4 set bonus?

-Bobo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambobo View Post
    Hi there pattison. Like the way you play around with ur WW monk. I have one qurious question though, is there any reason that you are not going for the 4 set bonus?

-Bobo
    Don't think it is worth it over using Warforged pieces

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think it is worth it over using Warforged pieces
    Ive reached the same conclusion when trying out abit more haste. Now to get the Warforged pieces to drop is a completely different matter. Also you are still using Renetaki, is that due to AoC or TED hasnt dropped or is it something I am not seeing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Ive reached the same conclusion when trying out abit more haste. Now to get the Warforged pieces to drop is a completely different matter. Also you are still using Renetaki, is that due to AoC or TED hasnt dropped or is it something I am not seeing?
    No drops, but wouldn't ever use AoC, rather use Renetakis over AoC. Renetakis is amazing for the way we play, you can time your chi brews and FoF at the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up Chi Brew last night after the fix, and can easily say I love it for almost every fight but galakras and Garrosh. But I gotta ask the people who have been running it, what is your relative haste value at? I was running at the 9350 and it seems way to low now. I have double RPPM trinkets so I'm thinking of pushing it much higher, but simcraft is always treating haste kinda weirdly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    I picked up Chi Brew last night after the fix, and can easily say I love it for almost every fight but galakras and Garrosh. But I gotta ask the people who have been running it, what is your relative haste value at? I was running at the 9350 and it seems way to low now. I have double RPPM trinkets so I'm thinking of pushing it much higher, but simcraft is always treating haste kinda weirdly.
    I've found between 11-12k is about right, can go higher depending on fight and FoF usage.
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-10-24 at 12:58 AM.

Speaking of haste, the fact that Ascension for single target fights is now not even really an option with the major Chi Brew buff means that we can collectively push our haste to that 11-12k Pattison's always talking about. I'd go as far as to say that less than 10k haste is now not even really an option anymore, barring a haste-affecting thing like AoC's EB CDR.

yup, push your haste up and get the chi brew if you don't already use it, I'm getting up to 10 stacks of TEB before even 3s of my trinkets are gone now. GG finally something to hit during heroism.

10k haste is a good number to start with if you aren't used to a lot of haste, however there isn't a huge difference between that and 12k energy regen wise. And depending on how well your gear is itemized, it may not be possible to get 12k for some, I'm hitting around 11.1k or so right now
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2013-10-24 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    I can only second that:
    - ChiBrew is really strong right now. Especially if you were unlucky with trinket drops this / last tier, and have the mastery proc thing from the isle, 4 TeB charges per use during the proc are almost certain. This allows to get higher haste values. For me, even 11-12k seem a bit low, I had some downtimes yesterday at Norushen with 11k + the haste stacking thing of NH ToT, and was using FoF a lot. Though that was only one boss, so a very small sample size.
    - On Galakras, I think Ascension can still come out on top.
    [e] And something else: Has somebody seen Chi Burst hit the totems on Galakras too? I just watched over our logs from last night, and saw some damage of it to them. It would make killing the totems a little faster (no need to target switch / run there), which could decrease the healing they do by a lot.

[e2] And a second edit, looking for some input: Yesterday I got AoC nh (was the tenth or so dropping for us, while still at 0 Haromms). Do you think it is better than the NH thunderforged haste-stack trinket from ToT? Because my other trinket is not an agi-proc-trinket, i think AoC can win out, because TeB can be used almost always when it procs. Though I'm quite unsure.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-10-24 at 11:29 AM.

Hello, long time reader first time poster here.

I just had a question regarding the new Chi Brew change.

Currently I run at 7k Haste (with AoC) and the rest in to crit. This has served me pretty well so far, as at 555 ilevel I managed to get 310k DPS on our last Malkorok kill. Our guild is pretty casual and we're obnly 10/14 normal down at the moment.

Would I now be wanting to go to 11-12k Haste with Chi Brew? If that's the case, where would it fit in the single target prio?

My current prio for the first few abilities are as follows:

Tiger power if less than 3 seconds left or non existant.
    RSK on cd.
    Chi wave if energy to cap > 2 seconds.
    FoF with a lot of conditions (too many to list here but basically it's used about 2-3 times a fight)
    etc etc

Would it slot somewhere at the start?

Thanks.

Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...puncher/simple

Does Xuen not benefit from Tiger eye brew anymore? I've been hearing conflicted things and I'm pretty sure he used to when he was a guardian.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Does Xuen not benefit from Tiger eye brew anymore? I've been hearing conflicted things and I'm pretty sure he used to when he was a guardian.
    I'm not sure it ever did. He benefits from stat changed, but not % increases to damage or he would have been insanely OP during the Rune/Mastery+1 days.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Just tested crit vs haste with chi brew on dummies.
    Once 14.5k crit, 7.5k haste, 5.5k mas
    Vs: 10.5k crit, 11.5k haste, 5.5k mas

I assumed it wouldnt make much of a difference, but after 2 sessions of nearly an hour each, I ended with 229k for crit and 222k for haste build. (WW only offspecc gear, mix of tot hc+Soo gear, only wep upgraded)
    Thats obviously no proof, but it does indicate that crit could be better (at least better suited to my playstyle)

I actually very much like the low haste build. I see it more as a tactical energy/chi pooling for burstdamage rather than "omg I'm starved for 4sec, help!"

If you think about what haste does for us, it only affects a part of our damage: more autohits+tigerstrikes, more BoKs, a few more Combobreaker proccs, more TEB stacks. That seems like a lot, but it still does not affect all our damage as crit does.

You can take advantage of crit by playing wisely: energy+chi pooling before TEB lets you put as many abilities under TEB as when playing with more haste, with the difference that you're doing more damage due to more crits. And you can put FoF/EB to much better use.
    You do have periods of doing nothing in between TEBs, but you dont lose that much damage because youre currently doing "your low damage".

And having low haste lets you profit more from downtimes/movement/target switching

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Just tested crit vs haste with chi brew on dummies.
    Once 14.5k crit, 7.5k haste, 5.5k mas
    Vs: 10.5k crit, 11.5k haste, 5.5k mas

I assumed it wouldnt make much of a difference, but after 2 sessions of nearly an hour each, I ended with 229k for crit and 222k for haste build. (WW only offspecc gear, mix of tot hc+Soo gear, only wep upgraded)
    Thats obviously no proof, but it does indicate that crit could be better (at least better suited to my playstyle)

I actually very much like the low haste build. I see it more as a tactical energy/chi pooling for burstdamage rather than "omg I'm starved for 4sec, help!"

If you think about what haste does for us, it only affects a part of our damage: more autohits+tigerstrikes, more BoKs, a few more Combobreaker proccs, more TEB stacks. That seems like a lot, but it still does not affect all our damage as crit does.

You can take advantage of crit by playing wisely: energy+chi pooling before TEB lets you put as many abilities under TEB as when playing with more haste, with the difference that you're doing more damage due to more crits. And you can put FoF/EB to much better use.
    You do have periods of doing nothing in between TEBs, but you dont lose that much damage because youre currently doing "your low damage".

And having low haste lets you profit more from downtimes/movement/target switching
    Not to be rude, but this isn't even close to a proper methodology for determining maximum DPS setups. What feels right or what seems good has absolutely nothing to do with what is actually a DPS increase or not.

First of all, crit devalues itself with higher Agility, so trying to run very high crit in ToT gear will be better than running very high crit in SoO gear. Secondly, haste does increase pretty much everything except RSK and Chi Wave damage, but it is also 425 rating for 1% as opposed to 600 rating for 1%, so you can't just reason that crit must be better based on eyeballing what it affects. Finally, resource pooling before TEB is something that should only be occuring at 18 and 19 stacks where there is risk of capping, all other TEB usage should be at strategic moments in a fight (at which point you'd be pooling anyways) or immediately with a trinket proc where there is no pooling available.

It's far too late in the expansion for people to still be trying to eyeball stat priorities, other classes figured this stuff out years ago. There's no reason why we can't be methodical about this, it's not like WW has changed a lot since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Not to be rude, but this isn't even close to a proper methodology for determining maximum DPS setups. What feels right or what seems good has absolutely nothing to do with what is actually a DPS increase or not.
    proper methodology? never claimed it is. that was just a train of thought, inviting others to also maybe try a low haste build (crit>haste>mastery build)

RSK + CW + FoF (FoF is barely affected by haste ither due to 6x higher CD than cast time the overall reduction is minimal) is quite a big portion of our damage and offsets the worse stat ratio to a certain degree. Never said crit must be better because it affects more abilities, Im not mathematically that narrow sited. read more carefully.

Of course you use TEB strategically. But with ICD trinkets a certain amount of preparement is easily possible. and also in other situations, when you have 10+ stacks you just keep Chi+Energy ready (bank a bit) instead of spamming it all as usual.

Apart from that, dummy hitting is to RNG, real fights are too situational and vary too much, simcraft is crap anyway because it doesn't evaluate haste correctly, what is there to do then Mr. Methodology?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran with lower haste on PTR and found it comfortable and competitive. Granted, that was prior to the nerf to our 4set. I don't think I went above 6K on PTR - again, this is with AoC, RJW, and pre-nerf 4set (which gave you 2-3 charges of the bonus, vs. the depressing one that we receive now).

Haste's value depends on quite a few variables, including (but not limited to) ms, rotation management, etc. We scale extremely well with it, and I am personally looking forward to having the gear to hit higher values. For now, though, I am content @ ~8k.

It's far too late in the expansion for people to still be trying to eyeball stat priorities, other classes figured this stuff out years ago. There's no reason why we can't be methodical about this, it's not like WW has changed a lot since launch.
    I politely disagree. Besides, other classes have been here since the Dawn of Time (other than DK, which has still had a few expansions to be molded). It shouldn't be surprising that we are keeping a critical eye on secondaries. Theories come from this eyeballing - conjectures. They do still need to be tested, but no reason to not form hypothesis.