Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    What pieces of tier are people using to keep the 2p?

Is there any time that the 4p bonus could really be useful...? I was trying to think about it and I couldn't really come up with a situation that would need it really...maybe when you want to RSK -> FoF right away from 4 Chi???
    I am using shoulders and pants, and I consider them to be BiS if you are only using 2p. Gloves and ring is all the hit you need (not sure about draenei) with the recent 5.4.8 item levels, I have remade my BiS list and I think its pretty good (slighty different than 5.4.7). 18849 Crit 13849 Haste 2885 Mastery http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/6...b-e20e5fb16c7c

Noteable stat weight
    Expertise(to 7.5%)-----7.75
    Hit(to 7.5%)-----------7.75
    Agility-----------------6
    Haste(to 13174)-------2.9
    Crit-------------------2.5
    Haste(13174+)--------1.5
    Mastery---------------1.35

HASTE SOFT CAP 13174
    Last edited by Zenlogic; 2014-05-29 at 12:57 AM.

Any WW Monks on belt duty for H SCBF? Did it for the first time last night and got shit on hard. Damage compared to other classes (went up with 4 hunters and a boomkin) was really low, I was around 10m average for our wipes. Had trouble really being able to sit on the turrets and getting through the laser beams. Any tips other than watching a ton of videos? Specifically, any particular decision tree on when to pop ToK/Zen Med or ToK/DM to run through a set of lasers?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Any WW Monks on belt duty for H SCBF? Did it for the first time last night and got shit on hard. Damage compared to other classes (went up with 4 hunters and a boomkin) was really low, I was around 10m average for our wipes. Had trouble really being able to sit on the turrets and getting through the laser beams. Any tips other than watching a ton of videos? Specifically, any particular decision tree on when to pop ToK/Zen Med or ToK/DM to run through a set of lasers?
    Practice is the only thing you can do, you'll learn the timing. I found that by using the tube first I jump to the edge and put my Trans down quickly. The 2nd time around when I use Trans to get up to the belt, there is enough time for me to stand there and cast Trans again to reset my spirit on the belt. This gives you tons of leeway and extra time as the fight goes on.

Damage will always be lower than hunters, don't try to compare to them. If it dies then it doesn't matter who is up there. The only "decision tree" to run through a set of lasers is if there is no other way that it will die. I recommend popping FortBrew with DM and ToK since it ups your health a bit giving you more damage. If you have to do that then typically something else went wrong.

I used Xuen in case something happened and we needed more damage, if a hunter died then I hit Xuen the next time. You can use RJW for more overall damage to the target since you don't really need to worry about keeping energy up, but Xuen is better suited for an "oh shit" button IMO.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Practice is the only thing you can do, you'll learn the timing. I found that by using the tube first I jump to the edge and put my Trans down quickly. The 2nd time around when I use Trans to get up to the belt, there is enough time for me to stand there and cast Trans again to reset my spirit on the belt. This gives you tons of leeway and extra time as the fight goes on.

Damage will always be lower than hunters, don't try to compare to them. If it dies then it doesn't matter who is up there. The only "decision tree" to run through a set of lasers is if there is no other way that it will die. I recommend popping FortBrew with DM and ToK since it ups your health a bit giving you more damage. If you have to do that then typically something else went wrong.

I used Xuen in case something happened and we needed more damage, if a hunter died then I hit Xuen the next time. You can use RJW for more overall damage to the target since you don't really need to worry about keeping energy up, but Xuen is better suited for an "oh shit" button IMO.
    Thanks for the advice! We'll be going in for another 3 hours tonight so hopefully it goes down tonight.

Switched from Rogue to Monk and not finding myself topping the DPS meters nor doing what I expect I should be doing. We are doing 10m Heroics and I find my DPS varying greatly from fight to fight and trying to figure out how to maximize. I switch from RJW to Xuen depending on the fight. For Protectors this week I did 328k and IJ I did 185k at ilvl 572.

One thing I've done that might be a bad idea is I macro'd jab with EB and Chi Brew so that it will use EB and CB anytime they are not on cool down and if not it will jab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poledancer View Post
    Switched from Rogue to Monk and not finding myself topping the DPS meters nor doing what I expect I should be doing. We are doing 10m Heroics and I find my DPS varying greatly from fight to fight and trying to figure out how to maximize. I switch from RJW to Xuen depending on the fight. For Protectors this week I did 328k and IJ I did 185k at ilvl 572.

One thing I've done that might be a bad idea is I macro'd jab with EB and Chi Brew so that it will use EB and CB anytime they are not on cool down and if not it will jab.
    That seems a little bit low for 572? What's your realm/guild (since you can't post links to logs yet)?

And, yah, I wouldn't recommend that macro. You do more or less want to use EB on CD (though you won't always at higher haste levels), but you don't (necessarily) want to use both charges of Chi Brew on CD.

Here is this weeks. I did Immerseus, Protectors and IJ as WW and tanked Shaman.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8368/

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't use that macro, you just have to find a way to have 3 separate buttons. You don't want to have EB going off too early and being wasted in any way. Many will save a Chi Brew stack till the 2nd one is going to regen or if they need it to get 10 TEB stacks quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esser/advanced

Your gemming is all over the place. For you: Red/Pris - Agi, Yellow - Agi/haste, Blue - Agi/Hit
    You're below hit and exp cap (7.5%).
    Get your haste up around 12-13k with reforging or regemming.

I can take a look at the logs when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2014-05-29 at 07:30 PM.

Here is this weeks. I did Immerseus, Protectors and IJ as WW and tanked Shaman.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8368/
    I looked at the most recent IJ parse from your guild: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k9pyXJZMbLCG82hD

You died on IJ, so it's kind of hard to judge your performance accurately, but you wasted 28% of your chi and spent over a minute at energy cap. Try using Diffuse Magic instead of Dampen Harm on IJ. Pretty much all the damage is non-physical, so you can just negate 8 seconds of damage for every seismic activity phase if you want.

I'm hoping your group does the run away from IJ and stack in a corner strat, otherwise, your Tiger Power uptime is pretty bad. Also, you missed out on 13 of a possible 42 RSKs. You FoF damage is a lot higher than I'd expect. You missed out on 6 of a possible 22 Chi Waves.

I didn't take the time to setup the pins properly to see if you lined up all your TeB stacks with trinket procs, but considering you almost never let is stack above 12 or 13, I'm going to guess the answer is that you didn't. You should set up WeakAuras to show your trinket procs so you can line up your TeB with them. Remember, TeB stacks up to 20, and you can safely stack it to 18 while waiting on procs before you should use it to prevent from capping stacks.

I'm not going to analyze the other fights. I hope this gives you some perspective and some things to work to improve on for your next fight.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-05-29 at 09:53 PM.

Yea we do the IJ strat where we stack and get punted across the area. I did die this week kiting a laser and getting out of range of heals. I'll switch to defuse magic.

I have not been tracking my TeD or Haromm's at all and just pop TeB when it gets to 10+. I'll setup a weak aura to track my trinket proc's.

My typical rotation is RSK if available, Keep Tiger Power up, use TeB at 10+, FoF if it's up, Chi Wave when up and Blackout kick next or any Blackout procs. And EB with Chi Brew macro'd to Jab.
    Last edited by poledancer; 2014-05-29 at 10:32 PM.

Yea we do the IJ strat where we stack and get punted across the area. I did die this week kiting a laser and getting out of range of heals. I'll switch to defuse magic.

I have not been tracking my TeD or Haromm's at all and just pop TeB when it gets to 10+. I'll setup a weak aura to track my trinket proc's.

My typical rotation is RSK if available, Keep Tiger Power up, use TeB at 10+, FoF if it's up, Chi Wave when up and Blackout kick next or any Blackout procs. And EB with Chi Brew macro'd to Jab.
    CB:BoK should be expended before using Jab again, but it's priority is below RSK. Chi Wave is pretty important and should be used before FoF. So should EB. EB should be used on or near CD when you need energy. You should save FoF to use as a way to regen energy while EB is on CD. As I mentioned before, TeB can be stacked up to 18 before you just use it without any procs. You should be tracking Dancing Steel and your trinket procs and try to line up your TeB with at least one, if not two, of those procs.

Your gems and reforges can be changed to get you to hit and expertise cap as well as pumping up your haste a bit. A couple pages back, I made a really long post about stat weights that I recommend you read. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26873665
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-05-30 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    CB:BoK should be expended before using Jab again, but it's priority is below RSK. Chi Wave is pretty important and should be used before FoF. So should EB. EB should be used on or near CD when you need energy. You should save FoF to use as a way to regen energy while EB is on CD. As I mentioned before, TeB can be stacked up to 18 before you just use it without any procs. You should be tracking Dancing Steel and your trinket procs and try to line up your TeB with at least one, if not two, of those procs.

Your gems and reforges can be changed to get you to hit and expertise cap as well as pumping up your haste a bit. A couple pages back, I made a really long post about stat weights that I recommend you read. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26873665
    Thanks for all the feedback. I completely redid all of my weak auras and added ones for Dancing Steel and TeD. I actually used your weighting for AMR if you take a look at my armory but with a slightly lower haste value.

Deleted
    Alright lads. Quick question. What Bosses in SoO is it worth taking Chi Burst for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Alright lads. Quick question. What Bosses in SoO is it worth taking Chi Burst for?
    I use it on H Immerseus, Galakras, and Thok. I have also tried it on Fallen Protectors, H Malkorok, and Spoils but results have been mixed for me.

Deleted
    Thanks Babylonius. I have 1 more question i hope you wont mind answering. Since ive only just rerolled to WW ready for WOD, i must say i enjoy the play style of Ascension over CB, the 5 Chi certainly makes the play-style more fluid. Anyway my question is, if somebody was to use Ascension for everything and used the AOC trinket(instead of Ticking detonator), due to the faster energy regen, how much haste could you get away with using?

And im not sure you can answer this next question but ill ask anyway. If using the above listed playstyle/gearing/talents, how much of a Dps difference would you estimate it to be in comparison to the more conventional Chi Brew/higher haste/Ticking detonator set up?

thanks alot WW Community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Babylonius. I have 1 more question i hope you wont mind answering. Since ive only just rerolled to WW ready for WOD, i must say i enjoy the play style of Ascension over CB, the 5 Chi certainly makes the play-style more fluid. Anyway my question is, if somebody was to use Ascension for everything and used the AOC trinket(instead of Ticking detonator), due to the faster energy regen, how much haste could you get away with using?

And im not sure you can answer this next question but ill ask anyway. If using the above listed playstyle/gearing/talents, how much of a Dps difference would you estimate it to be in comparison to the more conventional Chi Brew/higher haste/Ticking detonator set up?

With Ascension and AoC you could probably get a way with 8k or so haste.
    HOWEVER, Ascension is a pretty reasonable dps loss to Chi Brew due to CB generating 2-4 stacks of TEB with every use. I can't give you an exactly % or # but the difference is big enough that its better to add 3k haste and use Chi Brew.

AoC is technically BiS over TED, however in order to make the most of it you need to be able to use EB and FoF nearly on CD. Using FoF optimally on CD is difficult to impossible due to the long checklist that is required to make FoF a dps increase. Due to the difficulty of maximizing FoF, AoC falls toward the bottom of trinkets. Once 6.0 comes out and FoF gets a big DPS boost it will be much more desirable to use and the checklist will get smaller making it easier to use FoF optimally and thus push AoC back to the top of the trinkets.

There's another big reason to use Chi Brew: once we hit the haste softcap, the only attractive secondary is crit. Mastery and haste over the cap are not very good. Not only is CB a dps increase, it allows us to raise our haste cap at the same time. At higher ilvls, hitting the 13k haste cap and maximizing crit is fairly easy. If we lower the haste cap by 5k, that would mean we'd need to try to keep both haste and mastery low, and since that is impossible, we'd inevitably have a lot of either mastery or haste that isn't really all that valuable. In short, CB is itself a DPS increase, but it also gives us another attractive secondary stat that we don't really have with ascension. Also, you'll get used to having 4 chi. It's not as bad as it first seems. We don't use FoF that often, so having that extra chi isn't as important as it might seem. Once FoF gets buffed and we want to use it on CD, having 5 chi will be a lot more important. That said, I'm looking forward to having 5 chi at all times in WoD.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-06-01 at 08:26 PM.

Is the 4pc worth using over 2pc or should I just fill the spots with WF items?

Quote Originally Posted by DJNatsu View Post
    This question has been answered many times in this thread. Use the search thread feature at the top of this thread to see a number of good discussions on the matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJNatsu View Post
    Total and I explained it fairly well here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1528030-WW-monk-4pc