Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Since there's so much love for RJW on this thread, can I get a simple top-of-your-head list of fights where you take said talent over Xuen? The only "fight 2+ enemies the entire battle" fight I can think of is Protectors and otherwise it would seem to become a "turn it on for adds but keep tunneling boss" talent.
    I go with Immerseus, Protectors, Sha of Pride (we group up for the adds), Galakras, Dark Shaman, Spoils, and Garrosh. All of those are on Heroic, except Garrosh which I haven't reached to test yet. If you really want to do useless padding then use it on Klaxxi with SEF.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    and Garrosh. All of those are on Heroic, except Garrosh which I haven't reached to test yet.
    You'll definitely want Xuen on Heroic Garrosh. Phase 1 is only phase where it's anywhere near useful, besides intermissions and it the easiest of them all in terms of dps check and you don't need RJW to still do decent AoE there anyways.

Deleted
    I have been using RJW in HC Gala only, but this week i tested it on Protectors too and it was pretty amazing i must say.
    I'm not so sure it is useful in HC Sha of Pride, the adds die so quickly anyway, maybe for meter padding it is good.
    Haven't tried Heroic Spoils yet, but for normal i haven't used it. In Heroic it is prob pretty nice as you need to open more adds at same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    I have been using RJW in HC Gala only, but this week i tested it on Protectors too and it was pretty amazing i must say.
    I'm not so sure it is useful in HC Sha of Pride, the adds die so quickly anyway, maybe for meter padding it is good.
    Haven't tried Heroic Spoils yet, but for normal i haven't used it. In Heroic it is prob pretty nice as you need to open more adds at same time.
    the way we do H Sha is to have everyone focus the boss and only a few of us AoE, WW is great for this job as we can continue our single target rotation while aoe'ing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    You'll definitely want Xuen on Heroic Garrosh. Phase 1 is only phase where it's anywhere near useful, besides intermissions and it the easiest of them all in terms of dps check and you don't need RJW to still do decent AoE there anyways.
    I don't agree. It all depends on your strat and raid comp. With the way we were doing phase 1, there is no possible way we could of done it without me using RJW. I think the important parts of the fight actually are the AoE parts. The DPS check is just a joke (may have been a bit different in your ilvl) we were stopping DPS in phase 2 so we had the same timers in that phase all of the time. Xuen is not that large of a DPS increase on single target.

You need to recognise what your raid needs and then change talents where needed.

For the rest of the fights. I took RJW on Immerseus, Protectors, Galakras, Spoils. (All HC).

For padding/DPS, I'd also take it on Sha, Shamans, Malkorok.
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-10-18 at 02:56 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    Dude, if you aren't using RJW for Spoils (be it LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic), you're doing it wrong
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

off topic, why is it every other windwalker in this game outgears me.

on topic, a example of RJW vs Xuen on garrosh I predict the roster we run on it for melee will be 2rogues, 1ret, 1enh, me, and 2 frost dk's between the ret's 4set and 2 frost dk's with cleave I am assuming we will not be in need of the extra AoE and that there would be no reason not to run Xuen for the extra dmg in every other phase. Could be wrong once we get there, but im pretty confident in our AoE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    off topic, why is it every other windwalker in this game outgears me.

on topic, a example of RJW vs Xuen on garrosh I predict the roster we run on it for melee will be 2rogues, 1ret, 1enh, me, and 2 frost dk's between the ret's 4set and 2 frost dk's with cleave I am assuming we will not be in need of the extra AoE and that there would be no reason not to run Xuen for the extra dmg in every other phase. Could be wrong once we get there, but im pretty confident in our AoE
    RJW is also great for the Temples, MCs as well. Like I said before, strongly depends on your setup/strat; but don't go into the fight having your mind set on only using one talent.

Deleted
    Hi guys, been away for a few months and just got back. Going to switch from Brewmaster to WW and was wondering if the new Mastery acted like the last one, does it still snapshot trinket procs? I'm running Renataki + AoC atm and I wasn't sure if it was okay to pop TEB at the end of the trinket procs (1-2 secs remaining) to maximize the proc if it indeed did snapshot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Hi guys, been away for a few months and just got back. Going to switch from Brewmaster to WW and was wondering if the new Mastery acted like the last one, does it still snapshot trinket procs? I'm running Renataki + AoC atm and I wasn't sure if it was okay to pop TEB at the end of the trinket procs (1-2 secs remaining) to maximize the proc if it indeed did snapshot?
    If you wait on TEB till the end of your trinket procs you are wasting a ton of increased damage. You want to use TEB as soon as trinket procs so that you have the increased damage of TEB during the increased stats of the trinkets. This is pretty much the rule across the board except for in 5.2/3 when you wanted to use TEB at the end of Rune procs. Even then, if Rune wasn't going to proc soon and you were close to 20 stacks of TEB, you wanted to use TEB at the start of another trinket proc to maximize the effect of the trinket. Rune was the exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    I think you're confusing how the RoRo worked and how current trinkets do.
    Neither of the trinkets you mentioned offers a mastery proc.

Our new Mastery gives us an increased chance of an extra stack of TeB - Which in turn gives a flat dmg increase. So you're best off to use it as the trinket procs (especially given AoCs long agi proc duration).

hi! im new to monks and confused about FoF usage, is it great with low haste values and gets worse the more haste you get / while heroism is running?
    i see quite a lot monks on WoL only using FoF 1-3 times (thok, malkorok, juggernaut)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    FoF and low haste values might be somewhat OK.. but SoO encounters involve so much movement, that I can't see FoF being viable (as the logs are showing) to focus. It might change, if Blizzard introduces a Glyph to eliminate the requirement to stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    FoF and low haste values might be somewhat OK.. but SoO encounters involve so much movement, that I can't see FoF being viable (as the logs are showing) to focus. It might change, if Blizzard introduces a Glyph to eliminate the requirement to stand still.
    alright just did a soo pug and felt the same, thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Was wondering if anyone can help me out with some of the dps problems.
    Log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u5ag0dke9dv5pstd/ (flex)
    Armory in sig
    When i simcraft character using current gear i get ~220k but even on iron jugger which is basically patchwerk for me i can't even break 190k with what seems to be decent RSK and TP uptime.

are you sure you're using the simcraft stat weights? your gemming is a little weird. i would put red agi gems in your red slots. i would also think about replacing your primordius trinket for the valor trinket or the timeless trinket if you have enough coins. a heroic renataki's would be awesome too if you can find h. tot runs. however, if you look at other ww monks around your dps on 10m normal juggernaut, they are around your ilevel, with some being higher and doing less damage. i wouldn't worry too much about it until you start gearing more and replacing your timeless gear.

Quote Originally Posted by hallsey View Post
    are you sure you're using the simcraft stat weights? your gemming is a little weird. i would put red agi gems in your red slots. i would also think about replacing your primordius trinket for the valor trinket or the timeless trinket if you have enough coins. a heroic renataki's would be awesome too if you can find h. tot runs. however, if you look at other ww monks around your dps on 10m normal juggernaut, they are around your ilevel, with some being higher and doing less damage. i wouldn't worry too much about it until you start gearing more and replacing your timeless gear.
    I'm not using simcraft stat weights, since most of the time i'm tanking so i'm mostly gearing for the tank crit build and just trying to get exp as close to 7.5% as possible for ww and 15% for brm.

However, even in my gear with my enchants it's giving me a much higher dps.

Has anyone done the math on the T15 set bonuses, EP value wise? More so the new value of the four piece.

Debating if its worth breaking tier for some of the off pieces I've gotten from pugs

Deleted
    Can someone help. I got Aoc normal yesterday and was wondering how much haste should i aim now since it reduces the cd of Energy brew. Im quite low on haste now.
    My character name is Jutteri

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Can someone help. I got Aoc normal yesterday and was wondering how much haste should i aim now since it reduces the cd of Energy brew. Im quite low on haste now.
    My character name is Jutteri
    Its hard to tell you how much haste to get as its based on personal playstyle. If you want to use FoF really often, you can go down to 5-7k haste, if you want to use it less you can go 9k or so. I personally stick to the 9350 (22%) number as it feels pretty good when I'm going. The tighter your rotation the more haste you will need to support it.