Current state of healers and the future (5.4)(PvP)

Hi guys.
    I am currently playing a Hpala with my brother (warrior) in 2s. And soon we're gonna start with a hunter in 3s.

Now we're playing at almost 1900 mmr. But we can't get higher and it's just getting annoying playing. Heres what I noticed:
    Almost every game(90%) We meet a disc or holy priest. Everytime it's a very long fight where we end up loosing anyway.
    Here's what wrong in my prespective. Holy paladins have some great ccs, but they all got a casting bar, exept the stun ofc. Which is great, however Priests simply just counter me way to much. They got a 30 second cd (8sec) Fear. A insant (scatter shot alike cc) And ofc Mind Control which got no cd.

Now let's go to what I really wanted to know (sorry)
    Healers in 5.4 - Who have you tried out, who is going to be number 1 and who is going to be the weakest
    Priest: Pretty powerful atm
    Druid: Also pretty good atm
    MistMonk: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Holy Paladin: I think they're decent, but seems like people think they are the weakest healer atm.
    Restoshaman: Their cool.

Now I am considering rerolling priest.

Whatya think?
    English isn't that great. Had to hurry.

Priests and Druids are the top tier healers in PvP if geared. Priests probably fare better than Druids without gear (I'd argue that Druids without good gear are actually quite bad since if they fall behind they'd never catch up), and it'll probably be that way for all of 5.4

Paladins are pretty bad right now for once, I'm actually pretty surprised at just how bad they are at high ratings. 3v3 will be more of the same for you I'd imagine. Shamans are okay, not the best but they're better than Paladins I'd say. Mistweavers I don't really know anything about, but from what I've seen they're pretty strong and can be really hard to deal with.

From what i've see, Disc Priest= Holy Priest = Resto Druid > Mistweaver > Shaman > Paladin

druids will be the best overall, priests will be the top dog in 3s due to better synergy with any team that doesn't have a lock, shamans will competitive just not top notch, paladins and monks will remain were they are. relying on gimmicks for team spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests just got a buff to divine star, which makes silencing them almost completely futile. Disc also seems to never cast anything but instants. When they do finally cast something and I interrupt... you guessed it, divine star.

So priests are undisputed #1. Rdruids are invincible with incarnation popped, but after that they are pretty easy to kill unless they're a douchebag and kite around pillars with travel form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    From what i've see, Disc Priest= Holy Priest = Resto Druid > Mistweaver > Shaman = Paladin
    This. Removing totemic restoration was a "PvE" change that didn't put any kind of consideration into PvP. Basically they gutted Resto Shamans who were already replaced by druids and priests in their best setups even further while buffing disc and druid. And to top it off they put even more healing on totems who get one shot by anyone not brain dead and now you gotta wait for the whole duration CD.

I've been playing my shaman since start cataclysm as resto. This patch for the first time I'm going to shelve it in favour of my discipline priest. I just don't see any future in playing it in RBGs or Arena at the moment. The utility is gone for the most part, the mobility is horrible, easiest trainable healer, horrible cc and all around subpar.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-09-11 at 06:16 AM.

I think the biggest problem is in the ever escalating CC arms race, healers have recieved counter-CC skills making them immune to silences/interrupts and such. I think the whole thing has just gone too far at that point. CC should be culled across the board and what remains should be more carefully used with greater impact, much like how they redesigned dispel spamming.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've been disc since woltk and it pains me that everyone is rerolling >_>
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

About Disc, on a side note:
    Priest
    General
    Prayer of Mending is now generating a heal and absorption shield for the correct amount when critically striking for a Discipline Priest.

LOL took them since DA changed to notice this? I wonder if they also know that PoM isnt affected by battle fatigue or any healing reduction effects for that matter. Or that activating spirit shell procs FDCL. Or all of the other bugs disc doesn't need to be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    So priests are undisputed #1. Rdruids are invincible with incarnation popped, but after that they are pretty easy to kill unless they're a douchebag and kite around pillars with travel form.
    Like eeeerrrrhhhhhm every resto druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I think the biggest problem is in the ever escalating CC arms race, healers have recieved counter-CC skills making them immune to silences/interrupts and such. I think the whole thing has just gone too far at that point. CC should be culled across the board and what remains should be more carefully used with greater impact, much like how they redesigned dispel spamming.
    To me CC is slowly killing PVP, there is just far too much of it and the entire CC system needs reworked because as it is now, it's 100% bullshit. Just watch some of the best arena players on Twitch and see even they can't do shit because of the constant CC chains, every class should have 1 form of CC yet some have as much as 3 or 4 when you factor in the other members on their team you have endless CC making for a piss poor game.

if your skill is very limited and you prefer to click some abilities and not worry about getting swapped to at all then reroll "Priest"
    you can get away with all of the mentioned above. i might get attacked and insulted by some of the keyboard heroes but do not take my word for it just reroll one and see for yourself.

or find a bad disc priest / clicker kb turner and duel him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    To me CC is slowly killing PVP, there is just far too much of it and the entire CC system needs reworked because as it is now, it's 100% bullshit. Just watch some of the best arena players on Twitch and see even they can't do shit because of the constant CC chains, every class should have 1 form of CC yet some have as much as 3 or 4 when you factor in the other members on their team you have endless CC making for a piss poor game.
    i think making all cc on the same dr would help immensely

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    if your skill is very limited and you prefer to click some abilities and not worry about getting swapped to at all then reroll "Priest"
    you can get away with all of the mentioned above. i might get attacked and insulted by some of the keyboard heroes but do not take my word for it just reroll one and see for yourself.

or find a bad disc priest / clicker kb turner and duel him.
    disc priest is the easiest healer to play in the game... 5 spells max to become unkillable. (all instant casts, except penance)

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    disc priest is the easiest healer to play in the game... 5 spells max to become unkillable. (all instant casts, except penance)
    That's not true, I find it easier to kill a bad disc priest than a rduid.