Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sweeping Strikes buff removed from official patch notes?

Seems there is no mention of Sweeping Strikes being buffed anymore in the official patch notes. Blizzard must have thought it made arms cleave/aoe too high and decided to remove it?

It is possible the taking out of the buffs was unintentional

Just logged on PTR to see, and Sweeping Strikes is indeed nerfed back to 50% damage.

Deleted
    Would've preferred SS to 100% and the clunky 2 yards slam cleave removed

Well that's crappy, being excited for arms and just before the patch at the last minute they nerf it pretty hard. Not that aoe didn't needed a nerf but come on 1 day before the patch sigh......

Deleted
    Does that make Arms even worthwhile now? Ragegeneration down, cleave nerfed, is it even worth the hassle swapping for some fights now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Does that make Arms even worthwhile now? Ragegeneration down, cleave nerfed, is it even worth the hassle swapping for some fights now?
    still worth it, if! and thats an IF!!! the cleave damage does anything besides pushing your dps (ie. mindless cleaving on paragon = stupid, worthless and should be punished :s)

sidenote: as far as i can tell, there are only 3 bosses worth using arms over fury. (norushen is the best example, your dps will be higher with arms, but fury can burst the boss a lot harder without corruption - need more cleave to handle the adds? go arms)
    Last edited by mmoc4de6c010eb; 2013-09-10 at 11:00 AM.

So how big is the SS nerf on arms DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Well that's crappy, being excited for arms and just before the patch at the last minute they nerf it pretty hard. Not that aoe didn't needed a nerf but come on 1 day before the patch sigh......
    Hi, My name is Monk!, welcome to the Club.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Welcome to Blizzards panic hotfixes. Reminds me how they reverted Spriest Dot Buff in the first week of ToT. Well, we'll see this week how it turns out.

It's still 75% on the PTR right now, I guess we'll have to wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by OmertaLH View Post
    Just logged back into the EU PTR to take this screenshot:

Either your trolling or the PTR server your on hasn't had the hotfixes yet I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OmertaLH View Post
    Mhh no ? Tooltip says 50% and
    14:36:49> [Your] [Melee] hit [Summit Bonestripper] 14197 Physical.
    14:36:49> [Your] [Sweeping Strikes] hit [Summit Bonestripper] 7098 Physical.
    looks at first glance a whole lot like 50% to me.

I guess warlocks didn't like to be #2 on aoe fights.

Strange, as of right now the Broxigar-US PTR still has tooltip and function at 75%.

Deleted
    If true, sucks major balls.

Lame. Get rid of the lame slam mechanic and put it back to 75%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we can stay fury

Deleted
    Is this really enough to stop us from going arms again? Thought the main part of us going arms was deep wounds buffs + the blood and thunder changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Looks like we can stay fury
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not about to switch around for a small amount of added DPS on AOE particular fights.