2 1.30%
  • normal

31 20.13%
  • dark

121 78.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by art-75 View Post
    So they keep saying, but it's hard to tell when all you see everywhere you turn your head is a big, cute panda eyes and their so cute fatty bulb-like body shape.

You say Garrosh is the villain, but does he feel like one?
    So, that's what this thread is all about after all. You hate "pandas and Pokemon" expansion and can't pay attention to the actual things going on in the game around you to see that it's not all "pandas and Pokemon" in this expansion.

Thanks for sharing. Your amusingly single-minded viewpoints are duly noted.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    I voted for Dark, although obviously a mix is preferable. And by dark I do not necessarily mean spikes and hellfire and black rock everywhere. I mean dark as in morally ambiguous characters and situations, more realistic depictions of warfare, the possibility that maybe the main characters are actually going to die etc. etc. You need a bit of light though of course, it gives a feeling of their being something to fight for, gives the players hope (Which can be crushed or encouraged at different points) and provides a bit of levity when things get a bit too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    So, that's what this thread is all about after all. You hate "pandas and Pokemon" expansion and can't pay attention to the actual things going on in the game around you to see that it's not all "pandas and Pokemon" in this expansion.

Thanks for sharing. Your amusingly single-minded viewpoints are duly noted.
    I never pretended that I like pandas or people with inability to read with understanding.

Poll is not about pandas though. My posts on the forum on the other hand may contain tons of panda hate (which they don't) but still , poll is about the way you wish the WoW developed in future. So learn to separate one from another and please vote if (special guide for you) you wanna:
    a) more pandas
    b) no more pandas and alike - just as it used to be in old expansions
    c) something new in game which will take WoW to the darker side never seen before

I'd prefer something dark. perhaps even below.

Deleted
    I'd love a VERY Dark theme, Karazan Cryps, Undercity/ Gilnean bildings, Back stabbing, betrayal, shadow, subbtle and yet bloody!! Thats what i'd like to see for WoW again, We have had the happy, foolish, and Bad emotions.. This was cool, but we need DARK!! Not just Burning legion evil, not so brute. But the shadowy kind!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I only played during beta, and by the end of the initial pandaren offering I felt like there was no need for further resolution. The panderen had lead a peaceful life on their island for years and we screwed it up, the only reasonable action would be to just go home. Where there should have been a hook that made me want to see more, there was rep gated lore that I lost interest in before I gained access to.
    That is absolutely the problem with Pandaria — all the depth and interest are buried beneath tedious grind-gates, so you lose interest long before reaching any good hooks. Then, you rely on YouTube to show you the parts of the story that actually matter.

I think Blizzard heavily overestimated their playerbase's patience. "Just stick with us, you'll see" worked in TBC when WoW was hot shit and there was nothing else to really turn to. In 2013, with tons of great alternatives, and the MMO genre becoming standardized and overly-familiar, Blizz has to deliver a little bit better on the carrots to keep people following along.

IMO, it's not that their plan for Pandaria was bad. It was just outdated, and willfully ignorant of the modern gaming climate.

I'd vastly prefer dark. Its been way too long that we played around with panda's by now. And no, Pandaria is far from dark, all the dark stuff in MoP happens outside Pandaria, mainly in Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a little on the more sinister side, with a side of silly quirkiness. If the name is any clue, I believe the next WoW expansion to have to deal with the naga queen and ultimately with N'Zoth. So I would expect the overall theme of the next expansion to be more to my liking. It may even get me out of retirement.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

unicorns, rainbows, sweet potatos, have lots of mini games like ingame tetris, crossword puzzles, sudoku, make bosses work like speech in SWTOR and depending on your answers the gear you get will either be darker or brighter, also give everyone a "port to <ping on world map> portal" - i mean its been wanted for years now and give it a small cd like 2min in case you mess up and go somewhere far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by art-75 View Post
    I never pretended that I like pandas or people with inability to read with understanding.

Poll is not about pandas though. My posts on the forum on the other hand may contain tons of panda hate (which they don't) but still , poll is about the way you wish the WoW developed in future. So learn to separate one from another and please vote if (special guide for you) you wanna:
    a) more pandas
    b) no more pandas and alike - just as it used to be in old expansions
    c) something new in game which will take WoW to the darker side never seen before
    No, that's your definition of the poll, thus making it biased. I feel that normal is the way the story has been going the entire time. There is some dark, some humor, and they mix the two quite well.

So, yes. Your poll is biased. I, however, interpreted your bias in a more logical sense of reasoning and voted appropriately. So, there you have it. However, the difference between you and I is you're single-minded and feux-mature, whereas I'm actually mature and not so blinded by one aspect of the game to not see everything else going on in it.

I mean, read your response that I quoted. You said the poll wasn't about pandas, yet relabeled all of your poll results to be about pandas. Which is it, hm? You're not so hard to figure out. I had you pegged right the first time. Trying to deny it only makes you look even more foolish.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No, that's your definition of the poll, thus making it biased. I feel that normal is the way the story has been going the entire time. There is some dark, some humor, and they mix the two quite well.

So, yes. Your poll is biased. I, however, interpreted your bias in a more logical sense of reasoning and voted appropriately. So, there you have it. However, the difference between you and I is you're single-minded and feux-mature, whereas I'm actually mature and not so blinded by one aspect of the game to not see everything else going on in it.

I mean, read your response that I quoted. You said the poll wasn't about pandas, yet relabeled all of your poll results to be about pandas. Which is it, hm? You're not so hard to figure out. I had you pegged right the first time. Trying to deny it only makes you look even more foolish.
    Once again you prove that you pandas are only cute but not very bright. In your next post your gonna call me a racist and I bet you'd report me for not liking pandas officially if there was a proper place for it, rofl.

If my poll was biased there would be only option 2 and 3 in it, but I gave a chance to dudes like you to vote in option 1.
    Your reading with understanding is poor, maybe coz your mind is flooded with panda-fanatic attitude. For if it wasn't, you'd noticed that quoted by you poll guide was a cynical and ironic answer addressed only to you. Great majority of voters had no problems figuring stuff out of the original poll guide.

I actually find it amusing how you assure yourself that your smart, open-minded and beautiful special snowflake, that knows it all...
    Last edited by mmoc2c8b8e0825; 2013-09-12 at 07:19 AM.

The first WoW novel I read the Day of the Dragon. After that I read a few others including War of the Ancients. Deathwing was my favourite character all the time. I loved him when he was helping Rhonin. Deathwing died 1 patch later, during MoP's launch my second favourite character died - Rhonin. For him I was extremely sad because unlike Deathwing who was meant to be killed Rhonin was a badass good guy :/

My new favourite character is Anduin. For him to shine... the skies will have to darken first. Voted for Dark Themed Expansion.

http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php...arcraft&art=44
    http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php...ersonal&art=28
    http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php...ersonal&art=37

Yet they went the "kung-fu panda" route.

Didn't vote for anything, but I would definitely welcome something between normal and dark.

Something gloomy like Gilneas or Isle of Thunder, or atmospheric like pre-cata Westfall, Storm Peaks or Twilight Highlands.

As for the quests, general alliance×horde theme is fine, but less monkeys who just want to "ook you in the dooker" or saving annoying critters. Killing bandits and raiders, evil wizards and their minions and saving your people from them, that's what I personally like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see something where the horde and alliance are both at the brink of defeat from the burning legion. Azeroth literally has been taken over and we're forced to fight back against even more impossible odds than we've ever faced before.