Poll: Click all that apply

10+ Year Old Account

Expansion Concept: 【The Caverns of Time 】

**This is not a prediction**
    **This is merely a proposal**

Given all the fuss and predictions and musings about the next expansion which is surely going to be announced in the near future, as well as that surprisingly long and productive thread about “The Dark Below”, I thought I would spitball an idea with the rest of you concerning an expansion idea, namely; A time travel-based expansion. (And yeah, it’s kind of rip-off of Chrono Trigger)

I haven’t worked it all out in my head but if you have any idea’s you should share them, or if you think the idea is impractical or does not fit within the WoW aesthetic explain why you feel so.

I. Zones
    1. 1) Deep past: Prehistoria
    • a. Depicts the war between the Old Gods and the Titans, we become servants of the Titans and take part in their effort to kill Yshaarj, and imprison the rest of the old gods, remove the elemental lords to astral plane.
    • b. Witness the uplifting of the dragons from dinosaurs > proto-drakes > true dragons, the installment to power of the Aspects.
    • c. Prehistoric sub-zones (Un’goro crater/Sholazar basin) lots of dinosaurs and trolls.
    • d. Chaotic sub- zones dominated by Old God aberrations and elementals

1. 2) The Sundering
    • a. After the well of eternity detonates we need to rout the last of the demons. Watch as growing tension between the Highborn and Night Elves lead to former’s eventual expulsion from Kalimdor.
    • b. Interact with various races as they adapt to the new shape of the world.

1. 3) The War of the Spider
    • a. Visit Northrend and slow down the progress of the Lich King (pre-Arthas) as he seeks to establish his seat of Power. Assist the Nerubians in their resistance to the Spread of the Scourge, and witness as they unleash the Faceless ones from deep underground, assist remaining living Nerubians as they escape into exile after their empire crumbles before the Scourge and the Old Gods.
    • b. Witness of the building of Ice Crown, the corruption of the Vrykul, the exodus of the Taunka and other races.
    • c. Takes place most underground, in the Ancient Cities of the Nerubians.

1. 4) The Infinite Future: (???? Into the Future)
    • a. After the end of time, you witness the formation of the Infinite Dragon Flight, The return of the Titans, the final destruction of Azeroth, the last battle with the Old Gods.
    • b. Post-apocalyptic future, similar to End Times instance but littered with the ruins of ancient future civilizations.

1. 5) The Near Future: (20 Years from Now)
    • a. (I have no real ideas, maybe Varian dies Anduin becomes king, the Son of Thrall becomes a major player in world politics, Sylvanas has become completely Evil [the Lich Queen], the burning Legion is attempting to return to Azeroth). Sets up the following expansions in which subsequent content takes place after this period of time).

II. New playable Race-ideas:
    1. 1. From Prehistoria:
    • a. Drakonids
    • b. Saurians (i.e. Dinsaurian humanoids)

1. 4) Refugees from the Sundering:
    • a. Naga (Nightelves; drawn underwater with Azshara, but who do not wish to be her slaves)
    • b. Satyrs (seeking escape from their curse in the wake of the loss of the Legion)
    • c. Furbolg
    • d. Centaurs (before they become total asshats)
    • e. Cenaurian/Dryds

1. 3) From the Infinite Future:
    • a. Faceless (Recusant aberrations, seeking to escape the end of existence by allying with mortals)
    • b. Shades (ghostly apparitions of extinct future races)
    • c. Mutants (bizarre hybridized and mutated races)
    • d. Ethereals (who have come to future to scavenge advanced arftifacts and have become unstuck in time)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone had a sweet idea for an expansion based around time travel where the different zones from the different eras had been mystically welded together into a single conglomerate, a sort've pseudo-continent made up of different time periods fused together. As the storyline progresses the different eras begin to bleed into each other more and more, causing havoc in the present day.

I always thought that was a cool idea. One way around the potential issue of having expansion zones scattered around, which apparently a lot of people don't care for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Someone had a sweet idea for an expansion based around time travel where the different zones from the different eras had been mystically welded together into a single conglomerate, a sort've pseudo-continent made up of different time periods fused together. As the storyline progresses the different eras begin to bleed into each other more and more, causing havoc in the present day.

I always thought that was a cool idea. One way around the potential issue of having expansion zones scattered around, which apparently a lot of people don't care for.
    That actually is a rather cool idea, like a time-lost continent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

That actually is a great idea. And they could somehow make it so that it's actually a sort of "new" continent so that the zones aren't scattered centered around an area. Like... I don't know, let's say that it's related to the Caverns of Time somehow, and Tanaris and Uldum would be altered to fit the new theme, but east of Tanaris and sout-east of Uldum a new full continent would appear that would be part old Kalimdor (pre-Sundering), part naga area (sort of present), part islands and such, part future where the Old Gods had one and the seas boiled until all was left was nothingness, part Emerald Dream... etc, could be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Requires pictures x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I do have to agree, OP, you'll attract more people if you have pictures too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I do have to agree, OP, you'll attract more people if you have pictures too!
    i don't exactly know how to make pictures