Circumventing uni blocks

So my school blocked WoW and I wanna play. What do I download to get around this?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you actually study?..
    Who knows, maybe it will even help you with your problem. That's if you're studying IT disciplines.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Who knows, maybe it will even help you with your problem. That's if you're studying IT disciplines.
    I know how to balance gaming and studies. I quit raiding for school and I wanna do some achis now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Because it's impossible to have more than one hobby/commitment at any one time right?

When I was at uni we just spoke to our network admin and he sorted it out for us. I would suggest trying that first personally.

then do it on your own time not while you're on uni networks?

Deleted
    I used to use a combination of 'your freedom' + 'proxycap' with success. Or you could just use a VPN.

Did they specifically block WoW? Or is it the patcher? Because I know many UNIs block peer to peer connections, which is a way blizzard uses to distribute the patch data. You could try turning peer to peer off in the options, or updating in a place with free wifi.

If they actually blocked you from logging into WoW then Idk.

Deleted
    WOW isn't blocked, ports are blocked. Tell your admin to allow them.
    3724 TCP/UDP 1119 UDP
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2013-09-10 at 10:30 AM.

Got battle net error 2 so I guess its the ports.

Deleted
    Isn't error #2 patch problem?

Nope. I am playing WoW currently on my mobile phones net but its really slow and expensive and also unstable.

Deleted
    Then talk to your admin or get some VPN as told before. There's nothing more you can do.

Admin wont do shit. Does somebody know a good VPN?

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever you do its going to cost money. You will either have to pay for a decent VPN provider (In order to play warcraft at a reasonably quality) or (And this is what I would do), use a 3g/4g wireless dongle. It will be faster than your phone, and if you have a decent carrier network available the lag will be minimal. My internet went down for 2 weeks (Coz BT suck balls) and I was able to play wow at 60-90ms via HSPDA+ with minimal lag spikes, if you have 4G available, you will not notice a thing. This way you are not bypassing the UNI networks security, but bypassing the network completely, less chance of you getting into trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try VPN, if cost too much, try vpn to home and then with a gateway.

Deleted
    VPN. HTTP Tunnel too if you're game.