Thread: T15 4set nerf

Deleted

T15 4set nerf

Wanted to make a thread to ask a quick question, because of the nerf that hits tomorrow. Seeing as it's going down to 15 which is a heavy nerf, before we start getting new loot from SoO will it be worth it to swap out 4set for offpieces for the first few weeks of SoO? 25% is quite heavy and i personally have 1 or 2 offpiece loot i could use, but Simcraft isn't updating properly for me

The short and quick of it:

For Assassination: Not really worth it to replace with off pieces, but it is in your best interest to pick up 2pc T16 ASAP.

For Combat: 4pc t15 is still very strong. I am currently planning on using the T15 HC 4pc for Combat until I can replace it with T16 HC.

10+ Year Old Account
    for my gear according to sc its better to use off set tf gloves and break t15 4 pcs set (assassination spec). got +890 dps more
    Last edited by Grof; 2013-09-10 at 11:32 AM. Reason: more info

Does Shadowcraft take in account set bonuses? Personally I managed to get a few offset pieces last night and Shadowcraft is showing a fairly decent gain with all of them equipped but I wasn't sure if Shadowcraft was still factoring in the t15 4 piece.

Yeah, it's factoring it in. The nerf is huge, it barely feels like a set bonus any more.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I find to even get close to what it could do before i had to get severly lucky crits to have rupture and snd up to get a good SB + Vendetta + Trinks in. My burst easily went down 150+k

Lol killing Krol is like twice as long now.

Yea, it's a really shitty nerf. I blame the community for being so aggressive about pointing out that it was good in this tier. I'm sure the devs knew but were waiting for us to get our new gear before nerfing it, but we left them no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

Yea, it's a really shitty nerf. I blame the community for being so aggressive about pointing out that it was good in this tier. I'm sure the devs knew but were waiting for us to get our new gear before nerfing it, but we left them no choice.

The thing is. It was more about the GCD problem not the engery %. So nerfing the engery % didn't really do much for combat and its still really good for combat due to GCD. If they removed the GCD bonus vs engery % it would of been better imo

In a positive note the 2pc returns a good portion of the energy regen we lost both during sb + lust and overall for the entire fight and i don't even have any focus on crit rating.

With haromms and 2 pc as my only real upgrades i was still able to get to 480-500k burst durnig a lust on Seigecrafter, and when allowed to patchwork style on him i was at 250k when we wiped at 20%. After that i had to go back to other duties so i don't know what my damage on a patchwork style would be, but the sustain and burst seems to be there.

Its hard to blame the community, we were pushing, very strongly for a nerf to the GCD reduction because that was the problem with the value of the bonus for combat and it would have minimally hurt sub and assassination. No one wanted the energy reduction nerfed for exactly the reasons we are seeing now, it makes the bonus near worthless for assassination and sub while also not really fixing the issue with combat.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

I think it was an over the top response, very aggro and in the face of the devs. I'm sure they would have nerfed it, but having it for a week or three while we actually GOT our tier16 set bonus would have been good. Even with the strike buffs, it still feels weak.

Totally agree with Verain.

That tweet to the crab showing links to ShC T16 bis gear comparison with T15 4set and T16 4set was nasty. To think that tweet came from a rogue, makes me wanna hurl.

I dropped a heroic tier chest for a regular SoO chest. It was a tiny ilvl upgrade but shadowcraft simmed it ahead. The set bonus took a pretty huge hit for Sin.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that the t16 4set is arguably not as good as the offset pieces. That's pretty sad. Instead of making it desirable, they blew us off...again.