Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    All of them working together, but if I had to pick just one - that would be Jason Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeremy Soule! Thanks to him Mists of Pandaria has the best Music.
    Last edited by Masser; 2013-09-10 at 04:00 PM.

It's a real pipe dream since Blizzard didn't even get him back for Diablo III, but Matt Uelmen is one of the most gifted composers in video games and The Burning Crusade is—in my opinion—the best Warcraft has ever sounded and it's largely due to Uelmen's contributions. I'm not opposed to the big bombastic orchestral stuff Bliz has done a lot of since, but a return to those awesome ambient tunes is something the next expansion needs. If not Uelmen then they need to look to somebody who isn't among the usual suspects, someone with an entirely different style who hasn't settled in to making "Warcraft music."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    It's a real pipe dream since Blizzard didn't even get him back for Diablo III, but Matt Uelmen is one of the most gifted composers in video games and The Burning Crusade is—in my opinion—the best Warcraft has ever sounded and it's largely due to Uelmen's contributions.
    TBC indeed has great soundtrack. However since Uelmen wont propably be working on next wow expansion, wish they would let Stafford/Hayes do most of music for next expansion as those have similar writing style as Uelmen.

This year Blizzard will blow everyone's mind and introduce David Guetta as leader composer!

Who composed the argent tournament musics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Mark Fuckin Morgan.

Deleted
    Whoever did Curse of the Worgen. Without a doubt my favorite piece of video game music. Oh wait, no. That's my ringtone Inflitration from Kasumi:Stolen Memory. But curse of the worgen is a close second.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2013-09-10 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Matt Uelmen did most of the zone music for TBC, but he left Blizzard right after that to join Runic. Not the best music in WoW, but then ironically his departure was responsible for Diablo 3's music being so god damn dull.

Lol, thanks! I guess?

Quantity was as important as quality with me - I released more in WoW over a year, by total length of cues, than I had in my previous dozen years at Blizzard at that point. And that was with no idea I was working on it, a newborn kid, and a change of address of 500 miles all appearing at the start of that year.

Also, there was a full two year gap between Blizzard and Runic.

And, yes, I would agree in terms of your comment on WoW, I thought Jason's work on Vanilla had a magic which I never personally managed to capture or equal, but that's just my opinion.

Russel Brower has always been the best. Invincible actually won some video game music award.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Who composed the argent tournament musics?
    David Arkenstone, if I remember correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MattUelmen View Post
    And, yes, I would agree in terms of your comment on WoW, I thought Jason's work on Vanilla had a magic which I never personally managed to capture or equal, but that's just my opinion.
    Thanks for posting into this thread. To be honest, personally always thought TBC had about equal quality soundtrack compared to Vanilla wow. That's especially true in terms that TBC had also many ambient tunes, which are better for zone music compared to more recent ones.

Jason Hayes, of course. He IS the sound of Warcraft.

I think depends on what the next expansion will be, and it seems they all work well together since they were involved in the WC3 music. If it's an Azshara themed expansion I would like whoever composed the music for the WC3 Night Elves to be involved, because that music was amazing and much better than the current music we have in those zones. As for an Legion expansion, I actually really like the soundtrack of TBC, so that composer would be fine with me.
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2013-09-14 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    I actually really like the soundtrack of TBC, so that composer would be fine with me.
    That would be Matt Uelmen. Btw he has posted into this thread. It's an honor!