Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Am I the only one who actually likes this update? The world bosses have been needing some retuning for quite some time, so it's good that they're being adjusted some.

Oh, and it's good to finally have a LFG tool.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    1) A coordinated group of 80 people in a single guild is not reasonable or common
    2) It will turn into a zerg event. You zerg the wall - you zerg the boss - you zerg the cannon - back to the boss. Just like it is now minus the zerging the cannon.

I've said this a million times, open world raid events are just zergs. They are in WoW, they are in Rift, they are in FF14ARR and it's stupid and pointless.
    theres a problem with the zerg strat in that the stacks that build up to create the bone wall will be going up un headed by the cannons since the turrets since the turrets will be destroyed. So your going to get alot of bone walls depending on how fast those stacks go up. Now i dont know how long its gonna take to zerg a wall down but if Anet sees ppl just zerg wall zerg teq zerg wall zerg teq all they have to do is increase the HP on the wall so that zerging is out the window and you have to use the turrets and protect them with players in order to finish the fight in time.

Theres also the poison. Now i dont know how much dmg it does or how long it stays or if standing in multiple puddles stacks the dmg you recieve but the only way to get rid of the poison is to use the turrets, which if your just zerging your not protecting them and people are gonna be dieing to poison clouds.

Now Anet has what 250+ employees? Im sure they took 80+ players into that battle and zerged zerged zerged and tweeked tweeked tweeked until they put enough mechanics in so that it was un zergable this time. But time will tell.

Now Anet has what 250+ employees? Im sure they took 80+ players into that battle and zerged zerged zerged and tweeked tweeked tweeked until they put enough mechanics in so that it was un zergable this time. But time will tell.
    Those same employees that originally created all these zerg fights and the horrible pve mechanics they have now and the zerg events they keep adding to the living story for the past few months.

Don't hold ya breathe on this one.

I haven't really been following GW2 since I pre-pre-ordered it, played it, and got bored... has the leveling gotten better.

Actually, on topic, is Tequatl one of the five World Dragons, or just a random dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    I haven't really been following GW2 since I pre-pre-ordered it, played it, and got bored... has the leveling gotten better.

Actually, on topic, is Tequatl one of the five World Dragons, or just a random dragon.
    Tequatl is one of Zhaitan's (an elder dragon) lieutenants.
    Valar morghulis

Please post without insulting each other. Putting goofy faces after the insults doesn't magically make them ok.

Zito I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I'm going only by what I've seen on the video and on twitch when the devs streamed a bit, but the mechanics look pretty challenging to me. I don't think simply zerging Tequatl will do it, there will need to be some co-ordination and thinking. I hope it's as challenging as I think it will be as I've wanted something like that in GW2 for a long time. I've missed WoW bosses far too much sadly I'd love a fight like that where me and my guildies are fighting and are actually challenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be spending a week trying to figure out how to afk the event.

Those same employees that originally created all these zerg fights and the horrible pve mechanics they have now and the zerg events they keep adding to the living story for the past few months.

Don't hold ya breathe on this one.
    So your saying that a group of people who created a ton of zerg fights cant decide to try and create at least 1 encounter that cant be zerged?

I think you need to either watch the broadcast or find some more info. Anet seems to have put measures in place to prevent players from ignoring parts of the encounter.

1. Timer
    2. Bone Wall (makes boss immune to dmg)
    3. Poison Clouds
    4. Adds attacking Turrets and NPC's

The Bone wall is going to play a part in how fast groups can kill the boss. If they ignore the turrets the entire fight it means your going to get bone wall after bone wall the entire fight. And depending on how long it takes to take down a wall will determine how well a zerg strat could work.

With no turrets available to dissipate poison clouds theres going to be no safe spots to stand for at least the melee. And thats a loss of DPS for your zerg the wall strat. Also people are going to be dead in the clouds making them hard to get up from downed state and a risk for other players to try and rez. It is also i 1 minish run back to the boss if you die and take a way point.

Obviously if your choosing to just zerg the wall the back lines will be overrun correct. The question is do the adds have enough AI to then engage players around Teq? Or will they just stand around the broken turrets to keep you from repairing them?

I think this fight will not be zergable in the sense of ignoring the mechanics. But it will feel like a zerg regardless because if you choose to stay on Teq the entire time he is down you can. If you chose to just kill adds near the turrets (its what ima do) you can. OR if your one of the four few people that want to cleanse poison and clear stacks you can do that until the phase shift. But its still going to feel the same but there is added pressure to keep people doing those three jobs where there was no pressure to do so b4.

Deleted
    Lots of people hitting big things is fun.
    Not all content released needs to require thought and deep strategy.

There are games that excel at that, it is just not one of GW2's strong suits. I dont think it is their intention anyway, having something over complicated for random groups of players with little communication is not always good. Could stand to be slightly harder, but thats what they are planning anyway from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    snip.
    I already went over this before, you not following this thread does not mean I have to repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    1) There's really no group content in the game that fits that bill. Even the instanced stuff.
    Well there is that "Arenanet's version of raid content" (whatever that means) we still have to look forward to. At some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well there is that "Arenanet's version of raid content" (whatever that means) we still have to look forward to. At some point...
    How much you want to bet this world boss revamp is Anet version of "raid content"?

I already went over this before, you not following this thread does not mean I have to repeat myself.
    Just read page 2 and all you said was there will be ppl zerging the boss and 4 ppl on turrets. Well thats not going to kill the boss because you need players to be killing adds. And 4 players on turrets is not enough.

If you ignore mechanics your not gonna kill Teq. That Zerg of players needs to have players protecting the turrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Just read page 2 and all you said was there will be ppl zerging the boss and 4 ppl on turrets. Well thats not going to kill the boss because you need players to be killing adds. And 4 players on turrets is not enough.

If you ignore mechanics your not gonna kill Teq. That Zerg of players needs to have players protecting the turrets.
    You missed the part where I said the only time you need to be off teq is when he goes immune in which you have to zerg the wall which has the adds.

It's all zerg. Zerg teq till he goes immune, zerg the wall, back to teq. Only a few people get to play the actual mechanic of the turret which only has 2 functions which is dealing damage and clearing poison (which is stupid anyway because the damage is shit and people have cleanse) so you have the boring zerg which 99% of people will be part of and the turrets that don't do much besides do big damage on a wall people will be zerging.

It's a zerg and always will be a zerg till they change this open world boss thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I’m all for some more challenging content, but I have a feeling this is going to backfire on them hard. You can’t make a playerbase that has grown accustomed to "whack a foot’ for over a year suddenly do something that requires a alot of effort and skill, and then expect them to do it without complaint.
    This is the first thing I thought too. Especially if they haven't changed rewards. (I didn't read anything in there about increased rewards for anyone but Tequatl.) People already don't bother with Jormag because the 1 guaranteed rare and whatever junk you get from the chest isn't worth a 20+ minute encounter, especially not with the champion farming trains going now.

Ascended materials shouldn't be a draw either. I have done nothing this past week but dailies and WvW and I am capped out on almost every ascended material.

I can see people doing Tequatl for the pet and the unique skins. I'm guessing the drop rate on ascended weapons is going to be stupidly low though. The others are going to have to offer more than a champion train though, as I said, or no one's going to bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buzzword-O-Meter breaks when buzzword is used in excess of 100x in a single thread.

Hit 112 already. Ready to have an intelligent discussion?
    Valar morghulis

Can't you two just make out already? Jeez.

On topic, wondering what the scale for the other revamps are, and whether they're planning on changing how loot in them works. With MF rolling up eventually the chests will just become worthless so I'm wondering if they're thinking of making that scale with MF too.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Depends, if they all do complete new things I consider it new content it's just their models are the same.

Eye of zhaitan, karka queen, modniir, taidha, dred commissioner and the chieftain. They never ever spawn unless once in a blue moon.
    Us.gw2stuff.com NOW! seriously i always 2 man dredge commissar in my server and those bosses do spawn some more frequently than others but commissar is like always up
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

You missed the part where I said the only time you need to be off teq is when he goes immune in which you have to zerg the wall which has the adds.

It's all zerg. Zerg teq till he goes immune, zerg the wall, back to teq. Only a few people get to play the actual mechanic of the turret which only has 2 functions which is dealing damage and clearing poison (which is stupid anyway because the damage is shit and people have cleanse) so you have the boring zerg which 99% of people will be part of and the turrets that don't do much besides do big damage on a wall people will be zerging.

It's a zerg and always will be a zerg till they change this open world boss thing.
    Cant cleanse semi perm gas clouds. Also your assuming you can kill Teq just going back and forth between wall and teq. Im saying they prolly tested it so that multiple walls will prevent you from killing him in time. Also if only 4 people are on turrets and the rest are doing the boss then the turrets will go down because of the mobs that attack them. You need another group protecting the turrets, Thats the other mechanic that your not mentioning in any of your posts.

If Anet designed the fight right then you will fail if you dont have 4 people in turrets clearing poison, buffing players, and removing stacks. Youll lose if you dont keep those turrets alive, and youll lose if you decide to forget the turrets and just zerg the boss and the wall.