Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Loving them so far. Made it to wave 25 on endless healer on my holy pally. Hopefully be able to crack 30 tomorrow for the title.

Just a heads up for anyone doing the healing challenge, reforge spirit until it's coming out of your ears. And then get more spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I don't want to sound too cynical, and can't see it myself yet, because EU still has maintenance, but:

Do you get any tangible reward out of this activity? Like at least some kind of gold or something? It's not like you can use titles/achievements in any way at all (only if as a mark for recruitment).
    I'm sure guilds/pugs will be requiring the title very soon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Looks like the buffed the tank endless mode quite a bit. Got to wave 43 easily on the PTR, ended up losing because I wanted to do something else. But on live today, I could only make it to wave 12. They seem to be doing more damage and dying a lot slower.

Got to wave 41 as warlock on PTR, gonna try on live now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Which spec did you do it as?

Completed Gold Healer 1st try on my Resto Druid in full PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which spec did you do it as?
    Destro. Got to wave 23 and then my internet died

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    The only reason I one-shot it is because frost mages are Godly for this. Gold is very easy though and no one should have any real issues with it unless you're someone that thinks LFR is hard.
    The last two waves on Gold are pretty tough, most people I know who have tried it out hit the wall there and it takes a few tries. Not sure how it is for DPS but the tanking one was crazy damage output in the last wave, so I had to chain cooldowns a lot just to deal with the regular hits and stuff since you can't kite the big adds and they hurt a lot when enraged.

Definitely looking forward to trying Endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Why do you mention gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Pretty nice feature pretty difficult as well as Brewmaster since we don't scale so well with crap gear :P (NO HASTE D So I had to reforge just for PG, got to wave 15 or something on Endless going to go give it another shot shortly and hopefully get my title. Got Bronze, Silver, and Gold on my first try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    What's your point here? PvP gear has the same stat budget as PvE gear since MoP released and Gold is like the absolute minimum to say "yea I know what my basic buttons do".

Having issues passing wave 8 gold on my disc alt, maybe i suck at healing but I just go oom so fast.

edit: just noticed the npcs stand in fire and wont move + dumbshit debuff chomp is bugged, even tho i top the npc off it wont go
    Last edited by a little Kappa; 2013-09-11 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    ive seen the fatboss vids on this, they looked awesomely fun ^^

One shot Tank Bronze, silver and gold... Pretty much like any solo content in the game, going to be easier depending on the class skills you have. Monk just works well for it having a Single target disarm (really good for the conquerors in the tank challenge) and having a 5 second Hard AoE stun in leg sweep. I can see it being harder if I were to pull it on my druid. Guess I go for 30 waves in endless today.

That and I want to get the "you're doing it wrong" achievement. Probably can do silver dps in brewmaster pretty easy.

EDIT: Well, endless is certainly tougher with that 1% stacking buff each wave...
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-09-11 at 03:34 PM.

Very cool feature. Doing it as a healer monk I sort of underestimated it and a DPS died in wave 8 of gold.
    Had to change a lot of my talents around to optimise my mana since I was too lazy to reforge but will definitely reforge back some spirit (forgot mana even existed haha) to hit that endless 30. Only given it 1 go in endless but it looks like I have something to do during my downtimes

Deleted
    Reached wave 38 endless healer as a resto Druid. It gets a bit unfair at that point because you get these waves of 4 fire dudes (casting pyroblast) and each does more than half of any non-tanks hp. If 2 of them decide to to focus on one player you've pretty much lost. And as druid you have no absorbs.

From Hunters(BM) prospective(Up to Wave 25):

• I found Bronze to be 'boring'. - Sending pet to attack(without KC) just about did it. To much time between waves.
    • I found Silver to be almost like Bronze. - Pet needed some help to interrupt, and needed to do more damage for wave timer.
    • I found Gold till wave (5) in the same boat as Silver/Bronze. Wave (6-10) got more challenging; Saving the Bloodlust/Hero that drops(2 of them) made wave (10) simple.

• Bloodlust/Hero seemed to drop in the same place all the time. I put world markers down at those locations to make sure I didn't randomly stand near it while my ADHD jumping kicked in.
    • Reforging for Burst Damage is better than Sustained.
    • I found the little adds(ones that needed to be AoE) to be the most challenging of them all. This is likely a fault of my own, as I was having problems with my nameplate setup for 'non-hostile' targets.
    • Kill Order I was following for Gold/Endless was: Healers(if 2x Scatter one, Counter other); little guys(AoE-always lay a explosive trap before the wave spawns); Banana dudes; Shield guys; Amber guys. (Sorry I don't know/remember their actual names)
      *I would save the Amber guys for last; as their ability would put a debuff(50% extra damage) on other targets and themselves(tricky to do)
    • As for the Sha; I would save the Bloodlust/Hero for them. In Gold; I kept (2) and used one while his shield was up and other right before it went down.

When I get home tonight; I'm going to try it as SV and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Reached wave 38 endless healer as a resto Druid. It gets a bit unfair at that point because you get these waves of 4 fire dudes (casting pyroblast) and each does more than half of any non-tanks hp. If 2 of them decide to to focus on one player you've pretty much lost. And as druid you have no absorbs.
    Yeah this, I think i got like 3 seconds into this wave, admittedly I was already oom and completely fucked but there is no feasible to beat this wave on anything other than a disc priest, without amazing rng. Like 5% chance of happening RNG.

Trying on my mage now but cant pass wave 8, the banshees just cant die fast enough if u dont have pet freeze ready

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just reached wave 38 endless dps first try on my ww monk and would have gotten a bit further if i hadn't accidentaly hit my flying serpent kick hotkey . To be honest with the new S,E&F the cleave makes it a lot easier. What would have got me in the end was the time bomb ghosts which as a melee felt fairly unfair to fight. Ranged would have a much easier time on those. Maybe they could drop some more of those damage buffs for melee, maybe make it 3 every 10 waves instead of 2.