Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's starting to bug me that as a resto druid I cannot add enough dps to my NPC group to finish the adds properly. I'd be fine if it was just a half hp add remaining, but I keep dying at the Endless 26/36-27/37 waves where there's 2 pyro adds left standing while the next group spawns.

I'm not sure how to heal 2x Pyroblast + hive singer aoe + burrower on my mage.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Disabled legendary meta + interrupt/cc requirements completely neuters entire classes. 2 priests have earned the wave 30 title. Two. At all. In the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The problem with just scaling down the gear is that some specs doesn't really work until you get high enough ilvl. Fire for mages is a good example. Frost will outperform fire by a lot until fire gets enough crit, which won't be until well above ilvl 463.
    I think that was specifically in response to a tank wishing it didn't scale so he could survive endless better, which really would defeat the purpose imo.

I do get your point though. I guess there could be an argument that, since it's supposed to be a test of your ability to play your class and not just one spec of your class, having to respec frost to complete the 30 waves is not unreasonable. But I can understand the frustration, and also the optimised gear issue. And classes like druids and shamans complicate that even more. Since I'm a shadow priest it's not an issue I have to worry about, for better or worse...

The proving grounds are a great idea though, I really like them. I thought it was undertuned until I started endless and then I really began to struggle after the first couple of waves. I really want my title though so I'm determined to keep going, for now at least!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Any normal dps would run into the 50 healing spheres placed next to them when they are injured -.-

http://i.imgur.com/ZE3tGkX.jpg
    I love that picture so much

There is also something odd/screwy going on with trinkets at least, I noticed that on my bear druid when I equipped trinkets with secondary stats instead of basic stats (agi or sta), they got downscaled a lot lower than they should have been: the normal stat budget for 463 trinkets is 847, but instead they got dropped down to ~437 or something (from bad memory, not ingame now to check), losing almost half the stat budget they should have.
    Makes me wonder what else is being downscaled incorrectly there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to 14 endless so WoWprogress puts me at 43rd warrior overall, 1st warr for my server and 3rd overall for my server. 1395 score. I gotta try and get higher, I want 30 waves on warr.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Took me ~3 hours to get endless 30 as prot warr.(kinda gave up at wave 34, didnt know there was ranking, just wanted title.)
    Definitely most fun i've had in a long them!
    Then i did silver dps as tank for the achive.

Something odd tho, i used primoridus crit trinket and it had insane uptime on 5 stacks, never seen that for either prot/fury outside proving grounds.
    I would also like to see the gear scaled to 496 instead of 463. Still disabled tier/meta/cloak. Just to make it more even for classes.
    Gonna try fury tomorrow, but i know how horrible rng, stab your eyes out it is at 463
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-09-13 at 02:28 AM.

having a rough time with gold as a healer. Could be that its my fourth alts third spec but i get raped.Oneshot both tank and dps gold.Time to try endless tomorrow i think.Pretty cool feature overall though.

When I first heard about proving grounds I really didn't care about it. It sounded boring as a healer to having to heal Npc. But now after the patch is live I thought I would try them out. I got gold pretty easy and had a go for endless.

Yesterday I saw the wowprogress rankings and the race was on. I probably spent 5h in proving grounds just trying shit out. Very fun feature especially endless mode is really cool.

Proving grounds was a lot cooler than I expected - probably a great place for guys that want to break into raiding too, teaches you how to handle a lot of different mechanics at once. I only had time to try it a few times though, made it to wave 10 on gold but failed, that sha I suspect required a lot of CD's and I didn't have anything up lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wave 44 as DISC.

next goal: 65+

Deleted
    Here is how i managed waves 21 to 30 to get the title as DPS

www . youtube . com/watch?v=JgL_UYZ4kEQ

It's more like brawlers' guild than like actual raiding.

My favorite part of Proving Grounds is how the NPCs randomly "die" at 5-20% health. For the healing challenge, if anyone dies you lose. It constantly bugs out and thinks an NPC is dead after I heal them near death (like the tank being at 1-5% then void swapping him back to full, or using PWS). It's fucking annoying and happens about every other attempt I've done. Is it some weird latency thing?

done today 48 waves as a rogue! seems like 59 possible for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it last night. Boring. But then I hate wave fights period (The Hyjal raid in TBC was a nightmare of boringness). This could be useful if it was every 15 levels when you get new talents if 1) they made it fit the new skills so your practicing things you've learned over the last 15 levels, 2) they were mandatory OR you were incentivized with something cool.

As for scaling, they shouldn't scale you down, they should automatically swap your gear for standard 463 gear. The scaling is off (you'll be better off if you start at a high ilevel than if you're actually 480.

i'll just hit gold for all 3 speccs and then stop it....i never liked endless wave thing...boring as hell and is always repeating