Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I said it in the other thread and all the "asia doesn't count" people conveniently ignored it. If the situation were reversed, and the west had double lockouts and all that, and asia didn't. Would you be saying "sorry, method/paragon/whatever doesn't count as world first cause they get advantages, waiting for an asian guild to do it for it to count"? No, you wouldn't. Why is that? No matter what way, you don't count asia, might be inherent racism, no clue why most of you discount an entire part of the WORLD. They are the first guild in the world to down it, it's world first. The end.
    Cut your crap out - this would never happen. Stop playing the race card.

1. Has Garrosh been killed on heroic difficulty?
    2. Was it on planet earth?
    3. Was it the very first time on a live server?

If yes to all of the above, it was a world first kill. I don't see why you guys can't be excited for west first. The bottom line is whether or not it was tuned for them, refer to the top 3 questions. It was the first time garrosh was killed on heroic. It was here on this planet, so "world" first. And it was the first time it was done.

Regardless of all the ilvl tuning and differences, its still fun to keep up with the race of EU and US. The world first is done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Asia is not part of the world now?

TECHNICALLY US/EU have changed rules. Asia has the rules which were originally applied in wrath and EU/US server have rules that were applied in Cata. Seems like EU/US should be in the place you're trying to hard to put Asia.

So if EU/US ever get a world first, it shouldn't really be a world first right?
    World first is simply a term that was used in the past and is used now, even when it may not be appropriate. It's like the World Series in MLB. You shouldn't treat it as though people are purposely disrespecting Asian servers because it's a term people are familiar with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Nobody who knows any better will seriously include them in the World First race. They got Asian First kill and that's all it will be known as by the majority of the people.

Let me make a picture for you:

The World
    ([US][EU][Asia]) - Everyone's on the same playing field
    ([US][EU])([Asia]) - Rules are changed for Asia thus they're on a category all their own

Notice how the majority are still in the same group? The majority isn't forced to change their name because the minority is no longer part of it.
    Is it really the majority? How do you know? And since when is it based on a democratic principle? The 'rules' have been changed before by Blizz, what makes you think the fact that ours didn't last time makes us superior?

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    TECHNICALLY everyone was changed to the new system in Cata, and then Blizz decided to change JUST ASIA back. Every other type of server, Russia, US, Oceanic, Latin are all playing by the same rules EXCEPT FOR ASIA.
    Asia has the ORIGINAL set of rules. So if you don't want to accept Asia as a part of the world race well then we can easily say they are using the original set of rules so they should be the only ones required to get a world first.

But no, everyone EU US and Asia are a part of the world so they are all included in the WORLD race.

They are not included in the world race says who?
    My brain is starting to leak.

They are not considered to be part of the world race because they do not have the same rules and playing field as the rest of the world. This has nothing to do with the literal planet earth. We are talking about a video game here.

I'm not sure how else or more bluntly I can put this.

Asia has the ORIGINAL set of rules.
    Then they are the only ones using the ORIGINAL set of rules. If Asia wants to join the race they will need to play in the sandpit with all the others.
    Last edited by IKT; 2013-09-29 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Asia is not part of the world now?

TECHNICALLY US/EU have changed rules. Asia has the rules which were originally applied in wrath and EU/US server have rules that were applied in Cata. Seems like EU/US should be in the place you're trying to hard to put Asia.

So if EU/US ever get a world first, it shouldn't really be a world first right?
    No, Asia is not part of the World First race now. Are you really that dense that you think I'm excluding Asia from being part of the World? We're talking about the World First race, not their physical location.

US/EU are the world as they are the majority and they are on the same rules.
    Asia is Asia as it is the minority and it's on it's own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    Is it really the majority? How do you know? And since when is it based on a democratic principle? The 'rules' have been changed before by Blizz, what makes you think the fact that ours didn't last time makes us superior?
    Well let's see. Two regions have one set of rules, one region has a different set of rules. That sounds like the majority to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeada View Post
    World first is simply a term that was used in the past and is used now, even when it may not be appropriate. It's like the World Series in MLB. You shouldn't treat it as though people are purposely disrespecting Asian servers because it's a term people are familiar with.
    World first.

EU/US first.

Asian first.

3 different terms which should be used appropriately. The Chinese guild who killed Heroic Garrosh got a Asian and a world first. It's up to method, BL or paragon to grab the EU/US first.

Deleted
    No, Asia is not part of the World First race now. Are you really that dense that you think I'm excluding Asia from being part of the World? We're talking about the World First race, not their physical location.

Well let's see. Two regions have one set of rules, one region has a different set of rules. That sounds like the majority to me.
    What if, and that might very well be the case, Asia had more players than Eu and Na combined? Your argument is invalid tbh.

World first.

EU/US first.

Asian first.

3 different terms which should be used appropriately. The Chinese guild who killed Heroic Garrosh got a Asian and a world first. It's up to method, BL or paragon to grab the EU/US first.
    The obvious issue with what you propose is that the World First race isn't a real race considering the advantages Asian guilds have. So technically it's more fair to not have a world first at all and only two races each with their separate systems of how the game is designed for their region(s). Clumping everyone into World First and claiming an Asian guild got the World First kill isn't fair to guilds who don't have their advantages.

Not to mention the fact that the kill is on 10m from a 25m raiding guild. That alone negates World First in most peoples' perspectives.

World first.

EU/US first.

Asian first.

3 different terms which should be used appropriately.
    There's no point having a world first so long as Asia can have access to higher ilvl gear and down tuned raid bosses. This is not a fair playing field. I give up.
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

You're not talking about the world race, I'm sorry you don't know the difference between the WORLD and specifically the EU/US.

I think you're specifically talking about EU/Us first.

It doesn't matter what the majority is. "Majority of the people in the world have 2 legs 2 arms so people without 2 legs and 2 arms are not apart of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Takeada View Post
    To blame the reasoning behind why people don't include the Asian servers in the world first race solely on racism is pretty damn ignorant. Especially when people explain specifically over and over why they don't believe they're included. It's not like people are making up a reason to purposely exclude Asian servers here.
    Then explain why if it were reversed people would still only be caring about the west race. They're excluding a part of the world either way. And to the others who responded to me and said they'd ignore all the west and only count asia as world first I have two words. BULL and SHIT.

"Majority of the people in the world have 2 legs 2 arms so people without 2 legs and 2 arms are not apart of the world"
    In the Olympics that is correct, you can't compete to be worlds best arm wrestler if you have no arms.

Then explain why if it were reversed people would still only be caring about the west race. They're excluding a part of the world either way. And to the others who responded to me and said they'd ignore all the west and only count asia as world first I have two words. BULL and SHIT.
    I already said this is not true.

If it was Europe and Asia vs US then the US would be excluded, if it was US and Asia then Europe would be excluded. Nobody would take a 25 man heroic guild in heroic gear beating a down tuned 10 man boss seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not talking about the world race, I'm sorry you don't know the difference between the WORLD and specifically the EU/US.

I think you're specifically talking about EU/Us first.

It doesn't matter what the majority is. "Majority of the people in the world have 2 legs 2 arms so people without 2 legs and 2 arms are not apart of the world"
    Holy fuck. Are you seriously not understanding this? It has nothing to do with the literal, physical world. The "world" everyone has been referring to has been the regions in this race.

Two of the regions, the majority, have one set of rules.
    One of the regions, the minority, have a different set of rules.

They are separate. Since the majority has always run under the World First title, the minority takes on the Region First title.

This really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp. How are you having such a difficult time comprehending such a simple concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

God, if you guys are getting uppity about this then just imagine what will happen if Blood Legion kill Garrosh Heroic before Method..

I don't even want to think about it. >.<

Because that's where they originate from? It's like the Olympics, where people cheer for their country solely because they were born there. That doesn't make them racist for doing so.

Asian servers are excluded for a valid reason, not because people don't like them. Just because you think in your scenario that everyone would still only care about the west race doesn't mean it's so. Yes it may be true for some, but not all, and to act as though everyone is just being racist and doesn't care about the Asian race because of that is down right ignorant and insulting to your intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    In the Olympics that is correct, you can't compete to be worlds best arm wrestler if you have no arms.
    If someone in the special Olympics sets a world record, it would be a world record. Not a "special Olympic world record" and vice versa to someone in the regular Olympics

its not the same. its like winning the 100m dash in track because you did steroids and trained 2x more and other atheletes can't use drugs or practice as much...... duh. so no its not a world 1st.

Holy fuck. Are you seriously not understanding this? It has nothing to do with the literal, physical world. The "world" everyone has been referring to has been the regions in this race.

Two of the regions, the majority, have one set of rules.
    One of the regions, the minority, have a different set of rules.

They are separate. Since the majority has always run under the World First title, the minority takes on the Region First title.

This really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp. How are you having such a difficult time comprehending such a simple concept.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If someone in the special Olympics sets a world record, it would be a world record. Not a "special Olympic world record" and vice versa to someone in the regular Olympics
    Nope, that's not how it works.