Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    No Alliance guilds have killed Thok yet!

Anyone think Thok is massively easier for Horde due to Beast Slaying? 5% extra DPS on a DPS race boss is pretty overpowered.
    Large link: http://i.imgur.com/jbSTP3k.jpg

Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-09-20 at 08:30 AM.

3.8m health wipe on Thok. WTB trolls.

The boss is a Paladin, no wonder.

Off topic: But could someone please tell me the name of the add on in the top left corner of that screen shot which tracks healing CDs?

People shouldn't be dying to wrecking ball to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Off topic: But could someone please tell me the name of the add on in the top left corner of that screen shot which tracks healing CDs?
    that would be Hermes - a lifesaver since BoT for me

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    that would be Hermes - a lifesaver since BoT for me
    Thank you

Watching Method's videos.. Everything seems so easy to them, except Throk (you can feel more tension on TS/Mumble).

But I'm just disappointed to see the gap between warlocks and bottom dps specs on almost every fight... Yeah demos are neglected by casuals and needed love but it seems a bit too much there (hopefully they did nerf them a little bit during PTR).

Edit: Corrected Demo=>Warlock (mistake from the french word démoniste and not from the spec)
    Last edited by agtek; 2013-09-20 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agtek View Post
    Watching Method's videos.. Everything seems so easy to them, except Throk (you can feel more tension on TS/Mumble).

But I'm just disappointed to see the gap between demos and bottom dps specs on almost every fight... Yeah demos are neglected by casuals and needed love but it seems a bit too much there (hopefully they did nerf them a little bit during PTR).
    It's because of 2 reasons. 1) Metamorphosis = instant casts so can ignore the interrupt mechanic in p1 and 2) great mobility so rarely lose DPS during movement in p2. Demo isn't that op on other fights (even if it's really strong atm for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    Anyone on the boss care to tell us how Blackfuse is? Do we have a 2nd Dark Animus on our hands?
    I did Heroic Blackfuse 25 on PTR with my guild. It was tuned to 560 item level.

It was difficult to get a sense because it was only up for about 50 minutes. At gear level we had no problem killing the parts on the conveyor belt. The constantly moving lasers on the conveyor belt was the kinda thing you just have to do a few attempts on to get a feel for it. Not too hard.

The hard part was the Crawler Bombs that replicate to 2 crawler bombs when killed. We never really figured out what to do there because of lack of time, but I imagine given the hard choice between dealing with World of Drills and them, it's going to come down to picking the least complicated mechanic of the two to win. And as it stands, it's likely you still want to avoid World of Drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's because of 2 reasons. 1) Metamorphosis = instant casts so can ignore the interrupt mechanic in p1 and 2) great mobility so rarely lose DPS during movement in p2. Demo isn't that op on other fights (even if it's really strong atm for sure).
    Yeah but no other class can take all the podium on 3-4 fights and have at least one member between 1-5 on every other fight. But I know this is only one guild and not a generality. Standards guilds don't stack classes so I'm not scared of this, I'm just questionning myself...

And I hope a Blackfuse kill today!
    Last edited by agtek; 2013-09-20 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agtek View Post
    Yeah but no other class can take all the podium on 3-4 fights and have at least one member between 1-5 on every other fight. But I know this is only one guild and not a generality. Standards guilds don't stack classes so I'm not scared of this, I'm just questionning myself...
    But it's not demo, it's warlock. Affliction is even stronger than demo in most of the fights.

Deleted
    Its Method, they have really good warlocks its not like you seeother random locks doing the same as them in pugs or normal-guilds.

Method stacked rogues as well because of feint. This is what top guilds do every tier on certain fights because that's just what you have to do for early kills. There's always imbalanced classes/specs. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Its Method, they have really good warlocks its not like you seeother random locks doing the same as them in pugs or normal-guilds.
    You're kind of right. Getting the most out of Demo and Affli takes alot of skill (probably the hardest specs to execute together with feral atm). So in casual guilds you are going to see Warlocks struggling to crush the other DPS. However in most heroic progression guilds the players should be good enough to make the difference. Like how I was at around 400k dps on Protectors HC yesterday (before I got raped by tank missing a gouge :<) while even our Spriest just ended up around 300k dps.

Look at midwinters thok screenshot from the previous page and where their warlocks are...not a knock against midwinter's warlocks at all, but give method's warlocks credit, those are some of the best locks in the world (blat/spark are beast).

Of course being troll helps too =P
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-09-20 at 09:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    about time blizzard removes the dps/gameplay affecting racials and add fun stuff as they did with goblins or pandaren - rocket jump, access to bank from everywhere, lesser fall dmg, stuff like this.
    or they remove it completely and leave the choice of races only to lore and look.
    btw, method had on their firstkill 4 rogues, 4 wls, 1 shadowpriest, and a few more people who ALL were trolls. talking about 5% dmg was not much. imagine they were all non-trolls. Raid DPS would have been significantly lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Look at midwinters thok screenshot from the previous page and where their warlocks are...not a knock against midwinter's warlocks at all, but give method's warlocks credit, those are some of the best locks in the world (blat/spark are beast).

Of course being troll helps too =P
    I think you give them too much credit. The game is not so hard that good players can't execute everything near perfection. Method warlocks seems to have better trinkets than BL warlocks.

Edit: Ah, you were talking about midwinter and not BL, but anyway that might be the case for midwinter also. And just looked the screenshot, you really can't draw a conclusion from that. Those warlocks could have died mid fight, there is no way they would be otherwise be at the middle unless they are pretty terrible players which I can't believe.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2013-09-20 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    But it's not demo, it's warlock. Affliction is even stronger than demo in most of the fights.
    My fault. I meant warlocks, not the spec (warlock=démoniste in french=>demo. Bad translation).

On Thok Midwinter is doing well without trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    I think you give them too much credit. The game is not so hard that good players can't execute everything near perfection. Method warlocks seems to have better trinkets than BL warlocks.

Edit: Ah, you were talking about midwinter and not BL, but anyway that might be the case for midwinter also. And just looked the screenshot, you really can't draw a conclusion from that. Those warlocks could have died mid fight, there is no way they would be otherwise be at the middle unless they are pretty terrible players which I can't believe.
    Perhaps I am, and I agree that players in the top guilds typically all perform +1/-1 of each other for their respective classes, but on a fight where you have to deal with A LOT of 1 second pulsing interrupts and constant movement, I feel that only the very best can squeeze out that much more inbetween all of that (not to mention if you watch method's video, there are plenty of times sparkz the warlock was getting interrupted/out of range so theoretically he could actually be doing more).
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-09-20 at 09:52 AM.