Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Flex mode is garbage mode. Even 10 normal icc was 10x more complicated.
    No, it wasn't. 10N ICC was easier than flex.

I like to help friends in normal mode, not bloody flex, nobody gives a flying sh** about
    Well, unless you want to roll an alt or take them on the main raid, that isn't going to happen. Flex was made so you could take inexperienced friends to a raid. And nobody needs to stay out either in case you have more than 9 friends that want to come with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    They killed a boss with almost being 11 ilvls over the intended scaling, to me it's not a world first, world first cheesing yes, but that's all it will be. I personally wouldn't really care too much if they killed it in the intended difficulty with the intended or around tuned ilvls, but yeah this, is just dumb. So if they had killed it in 25hc, I would have said awesome job, and well done (just to prove the point I'm not hating on Asia).

And it's even dumber that blizzard allows this, it works in Asia so bring it to the West.
    And the West gets the patch 2 days earlier than Asia (it used to be a week head-start)
    And the Western top guilds already got advance fight experience in PTR test realms where Asian guilds do not.

Does this mean all previous World-firsts do not count as well, because they were unfair to Asia ?

You have to understand that world-first cutting edge raiders, and people who follow said race, make up such a small % of the player base that they will never cater to a world first race. IIRC, they even have a stance as a company that they do not recognize world-first kills (though individuals within the company may chose to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And the West gets the patch 2 days earlier than Asia (it used to be a week head-start)
    And the Western top guilds already got advance fight experience in PTR test realms where Asian guilds do not.

Does this mean all previous World-firsts do not count as well, because they were unfair to Asia ?
    Asia has gotten legit world firsts before mop.

They are superhuman anyway so its only fair to us that we get a headstart. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's a shame the community and or Blizzard had to make things different across the world. They should release games and their expansions across the world at the exact same time with the exact same game. (No double lockouts, 4 upgrades, ect) This way, there would not be this derailing and blatant ignorance of the community on the meaning of WORLD first.

Asia first, West first, East first, US first .. Damn. That doesn't even look appealing.

World first looks appealing

It's also a shame most of the old school top guilds have quit/disband/merged with other guilds. I'd like to see REAL global rankings.

Maybe the next expansion will be different, but alas, I doubt it.
    Maybe I'm a heretic in this thread, but the fact of the matter is that World Firsts are a meta-game. WoW is designed for people to play for weeks, gear up progressively and eventually beat all the bosses. What WF guilds do is push themselves and the game far beyond reasonable limits for their own amusement. Consider for a moment the fact that although there are Realm First achievements, there is no World First one.

So their design decisions have to cater to the majority of their players, not the tiny proportion of WF players (and all the people who like to spectate on it on forums etc). And they decided that the Asian market was so much different to the West that this was the right call. I don't know enough about it to comment personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    lol at ppl that think there is even a world first race. a race would suggest that every1 starts at an even playing field and with the same access to stuff and at the same time which in wow just isnt true. its kinda like the olympics. there is the summer olympics which is the US as they get shit earlier, then there is the winter olympics which is the EU as they get shit later, and then there is the special olympics(sorry if the disabled takes offense) which is the asians as they have entirely difference rules than the others. sure you can win gold in any of the olympics, but some1 who is competing in the summer olympics cant exactly compete in the winter olympics or special olympics as a marathon runner wont do very well in skiing, so the idea of a world first race is counterproductive, in reality, you can only really get US first, EU first(altho one can argue that if a EU guild kills a boss b4 a US guild then they would technically also get a US first) or asian first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Well i did. And that means not everyone hated it. I'd gladly take double lockout. 10 normal/heroic, flex, 25 normal/heroic? Yes please.

It's interesting to see you putting down blanket statements as bullshit and then coming up with your own.
    Clearly some people loved the 10/25 lockout situation. Because it's been 2 expansions now and they still won't shut up about it. Personally I found it a pain in the ass.

I was sceptical about flexi and the need for a pug-accessible tier between LFR and NM, but since it came out I have to admit it makes sense, appeals to a definite group of people. Also I ran it in week 1 and it was a great experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't care Asian kill doesn't count. They have higher levels and can do 10 & 26. World first is still on.

Taking a look at Jhazrun's armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azrun/advanced

It looks like he went to a full haste build. He had been running full crit up until Garrosh. Seems interesting.

Seriously, WORLD FIRST thing has been gone downhill since when.. firelands? World first isn't interesting anymore as it used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    lol at ppl that think there is even a world first race. a race would suggest that every1 starts at an even playing field and with the same access to stuff and at the same time which in wow just isnt true. its kinda like the olympics. there is the summer olympics which is the US as they get shit earlier, then there is the winter olympics which is the EU as they get shit later, and then there is the special olympics(sorry if the disabled takes offense) which is the asians as they have entirely difference rules than the others. sure you can win gold in any of the olympics, but some1 who is competing in the summer olympics cant exactly compete in the winter olympics or special olympics as a marathon runner wont do very well in skiing, so the idea of a world first race is counterproductive, in reality, you can only really get US first, EU first(altho one can argue that if a EU guild kills a boss b4 a US guild then they would technically also get a US first) or asian first.
    Exactly. It cannot be called a "race" because of the simple fact that EVERYTHING from patch-day release to PTR is handled differently for every region.

Asian realms always got the short end of the stick in these kinds of races. They used to get the patch way after US/EU realms, and do not have PTR to practice all those boss fights beforehand like the US/EU guilds. The top Chinese guilds suffered the most during TBC and WotLK because those expansions were delayed (not really Blizzard's fault), so a ton of those guilds migrated to Taiwan realms but they had terrible ping, and for the most part remained uncompetitive while US/EU guilds nabbed those world firsts uncontested.

If Blizzard were serious about world first races, they would have made everything the same.

Blah blah, cry more. Congrats to the Asians for world first. ilvl higher or not they downed it first. Big Congrats.

Didn't a mod order you people to stop talking about EU/US vs Asia?

World first is a world first. Move on. Let's discuss who will get EU/US first instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Didn't a mod order you people to stop talking about EU/US vs Asia?

World first is a world first. Move on. Let's discuss who will get EU/US first instead.
    For us Bl is ahead I know but I'm rooting for midwinter. I wonder how many hours a day they have been raiding
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    For us Bl is ahead I know but I'm rooting for midwinter. I wonder how many hours a day they have been raiding
    Yes, I also want Midwinter, the only Alliance guild in a sea of Horde guilds, to nab the US/EU first!
    However Wowprogress still lists them at 12/14, they are still one boss behind?

Deleted
    Yes, I also want Midwinter, the only Alliance guild in a sea of Horde guilds, to nab the US/EU first!
    However Wowprogress still lists them at 12/14, they are still one boss behind?
    Considering how Paragons needs high dps midwinter is more behind with their alliance racials than on previous bosses. If they got kill before another reset I'd be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Seriously, WORLD FIRST thing has been gone downhill since when ...
    Since the China vs US/EU argument started.

Exactly. It cannot be called a "race" because of the simple fact that EVERYTHING from patch-day release to PTR is handled differently for every region.

Asian realms always got the short end of the stick in these kinds of races. They used to get the patch way after US/EU realms, and do not have PTR to practice all those boss fights beforehand like the US/EU guilds. The top Chinese guilds suffered the most during TBC and WotLK because those expansions were delayed (not really Blizzard's fault), so a ton of those guilds migrated to Taiwan realms but they had terrible ping, and for the most part remained uncompetitive while US/EU guilds nabbed those world firsts uncontested.

If Blizzard were serious about world first races, they would have made everything the same.
    Aisa do have access to PTR but with insane latency and language barrier
    Imagin method paragon blood legion have to learn chinese or koeran for a ptr practise plus huge latency and dc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Considering how Paragons needs high dps midwinter is more behind with their alliance racials than on previous bosses. If they got kill before another reset I'd be suprised.
    I think they will make it before reset. Racially are not that huge
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    srsly you blame racials ?