Thread: Pet Deaths

Pet Deaths

Hey, so um, I can't be the only one having pets dying on fights to boss mechanics right? I was furious during shamans (from slimes I reckon) and this other one I can't remember, come on blizzXD!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

shaman was the only fight my pet died, it was my fault because i had beast cleave on before they even show up. talking about slimes.

That fight in particular was annoying but I ran Survival so it was less so. I had pet depsawns on Iron Jugg when I got knocked back super far. And my pet despawns on Immerseus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I had pet depsawns on Iron Jugg when I got knocked back super far. And my pet despawns on Immerseus.
    Reported both bugs during PTR, but it seems they don't give a fuck about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Pretty much a distance thing. Are they not able to set the distance from pet for despawning like 200 yards during an encounter or something?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have never given a single, solitary fuck about pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    That fight in particular was annoying but I ran Survival so it was less so. I had pet depsawns on Iron Jugg when I got knocked back super far. And my pet despawns on Immerseus.
    im doing 10 man and we had 1 melee only, i asked to be on the back of the boss in order to not deal with pet pathing issues since i was running mostly bm the whole night.

The poison walls on shamans and the trash after that was one shotting my pet constantly. Had despawning issues on Immerseus during Swirl, Galakras when exiting towers, Juggernaut when getting knocked back, and Siegebreaker when disengaging off the belt. These were reported multiple times on PTR raid forums too, but I guess they didn't bother to fix them.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did first 8 bosses tonight, and never had issues with my pet dieing on bosses. On trash though... Still not as bad as the snails were in ToT at least.

That's just a range thing.

When I was doing Paragons, Fiery Edge wasn't causing me any issues. It appears to have been fixed - could also have been RNG, but on the PTR it was awful. Last night, on Live, it was not.

Pet goes passive when leaving intermission/transition realm on Garrosh. Easily fixed but worth mentioning.

Pre-Nazgrim trash murders pets (same mechanic as Brawler Guild's Blind Hero with the conal ability spam).

Worst fight by far was Shaman, like people here mentioned - it's about the boss being tanked far enough away from Ashen Wall. So, essentially, it's a tanking mechanic in that pet deaths are a result of not moving the boss appropriately, yet you're the one being punished for it and you have next to no control over it other than calling your pet away and taking a large DPS hit. I went Survival as well... for this reason alone.

I mentioned a few other things as well... you can see my channel (see my signature link) where I made a video prior to release that identified all the pet issues on the PTR... just nice to actually "see" what some of the things causing pet deaths are if you haven't personally gone through Siege yet.
    <Washed Up Scrubs> - Mal'Ganis (US)
    Visit my stream! I stream every night starting at 9 PM EST.
    Also, be sure to visit my YouTube channel!

My pet kept despawning constantly on Immerseus, even if I recalled it manually.

Boss disappears > /petfollow + /petpassive > kill some adds > Boss comes back > /petattack... aaaand it's gone.

I suspect it might have something to do with Blink Strikes again, which often seemed to bug at Megaera. I guess I'll try AMoC next time, but the better pet mobility would have been nice to have.

Urgh, Dark Shamans didn't play out nice for me either as my pet kept taking a beating from something. I'm sure the blobs/slimes were definitely partly responsible for that, along with perhaps the Ashen Wall.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've killed Immerseus twice (normal + flex). The first time I never had my pet despawn, but the second time it happend several times. I think it simply depends on where you stand in relation to where the boss is facing.

If you're near the front of the boss, your pet is gonna run/blink all the way to the back of the boss, risking a despawn due to distance. If you're on the side/behind, you should be safe. That's my guess/experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I've killed Immerseus twice (normal + flex). The first time I never had my pet despawn, but the second time it happend several times. I think it simply depends on where you stand in relation to where the boss is facing.

If you're near the front of the boss, your pet is gonna run/blink all the way to the back of the boss, risking a despawn due to distance. If you're on the side/behind, you should be safe. That's my guess/experience anyway.
    this is the reason pet is going away, is just running out of your range, on a boss this large you need to be in the back, if you are not and you are dodging the wave your pet will go over 100 yards and will despanw.

is the same reason that you need to start close to the guy using hero/lust or you wont get it at all. is just too big of a boss and ppl go over 100 yards. missing buffs is also common.

idk why they design this kind of bosses, either way the guy is a joke and im sure many guilds will be at least 1/14 heroic next week.

I understand some of the mechanics are probably relatively difficult to fix for this, but it is kind of infuriating that they just let our pets get 1 shot by mechanics (okay maybe not one shot... but before you realize what's happening it's usually too late.) It's enough sometimes worrying about being in the right position myself, but having to manually move my pet around so it doesn't get one shot? that really can't be the intended design behind some of these mechanics. I ran Shamans as BM on our kill, and I only had to res my pet once, I believe. he did get brought down to 50% health a couple of times, and I found myself wishing that mend pet wasn't on the normal GCD.

Deleted
    Got the same issue on dark shamans, really annoying. I'm going anyway SV for that fight, but still it's a DPS loss.

Also on Garrosh after each transition phase the pets stands next to the hunter and not moving to the target (you have to /petattack manually or put passive/back active). We are two hunters in the raid with the same issue. It's ok to handle it if you know it, but really lame such stuff comes into live realms if it was already noticed and reported on PTR.