Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So where is the death ciinematic?

Will we have to wait until a guild kills him and records it? Is this something that cannot be data mined? I can't remember what happened with the Arthas death cinematic and i wasnt really interested in the deathwing one

it will be revealed as soon as someone datamines it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are ridiculously impatient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    yeah pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's encrypted, so it's possible we'll see raids get to Garrosh and kill him before it's datamined and revealed. Then we'll probably see poorly FRAPSed versions appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    ive been playing since pre bc, ive never been so excited for a 3 min WoW clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    it will be revealed as soon as someone datamines it.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    It's encrypted, so it's possible we'll see raids get to Garrosh and kill him before it's datamined and revealed. Then we'll probably see poorly FRAPSed versions appear.
    Yep

/10
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the cinematic files are no longer stored client side. Sometime in cataclysm, they added a "MovieProxy.exe" that streams the movie on demand.

If you open the game client and view one of the Expansion cinematics and then open Task Manager, you'll see that MovieProxy.exe is running. If you pause/kill the process, the cinematic will pause/quit.

If I'm correct, we won't know until someone defeats Garrosh for the first time.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the cinematic files are no longer stored client side. Sometime in cataclysm, they added a "MovieProxy.exe" that streams the movie on demand.

If you open the game client and view one of the Expansion cinematics and then open Task Manager, you'll see that MovieProxy.exe is running. If you pause/kill the process, the cinematic will pause/quit.

If I'm correct, we won't know until someone defeats Garrosh for the first time.

Mmo-champion posted the Shit-stained "aspects losing their power" cinematic before 4.3 even went live last expansion. I am sure once servers come up the files will be posted.

I NEED TO KNOW WTF WILL HAPPEN, i cant wait to kill it tomo.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't people just wait for a kill? We'll see it within time, just not yet, give it afew weeks and everyone and their mum would have seen it
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Mmo-champion posted the Shit-stained "aspects losing their power" cinematic before 4.3 even went live last expansion. I am sure once servers come up the files will be posted.
    They can't, they files are encrypted and (apparently) hard to decode.

So... We will see that video in about.... what? 4 hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    You underestimate the power of the community...

Deleted
    I come home from work and no news on the new Warchief? Mmo-champion, you used to be cool.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    <meme image snipped>

Infracted: Please don't post meme images. Thanks. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-11 at 07:40 AM.
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

They label the video as as using the PMVX codec when it is actually DIVX.
    Simply changing that label used to work on some of the cinematics, but not on new ones.
    Some reading up seems to suggest that parts of the file are intentionally missing and could be included in the game client itself, and inserted into the stream when needed.
    They apparently made that change with Cataclysm.

My attempts so far will play a video back, as far as being able to seek through it but without any sound or video.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not confirmed

Alliance's side just has Jaina talking about Theramore and shit, while Horde side is all emotional between Thrall/Voljin/Baine

Voljin becomes warchief

I become warchief as I did all of the work obv.

Deleted