10+ Year Old Account

No epic gems this time around?

Has anyone heard any news about Epic gems? I have seen nothing in blue posts or Tweets. I'm just wondering.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    no epic gems yet, they might come in 5.5 as a gear up/make content easier option though. A bit like the item upgrader returned in 5.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic gems are not on the slate for this patch, or for this expansion for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Wrath-JC.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, epic gems in Wrath were my jam. I was just hoping I missed something. My JC/enchanter hasn't really gotten much mileage this expansion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not opposed to epic gems, Cataclysm executed them in a supremely poor manner.

If they DO put them in, they should put them in as buyable with honor points (like WotLK) or perhaps even with Spirits of Harmony. None of the "random gem every once and a while that might not even be epic" crap that Cataclysm tried to dish out.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    There doesn't seem to be any of the MoP epic gems obtainable in game as of 5.4.

Might be possible that we go an expansion without epic gems. Although blizz added them on MoP launch- Sardonyx for orange, Adventurine for Green. Cant find the other 4 colors, but they were datamined in the MoP beta.

It seems as they would be a 40/80 secondary state boost and a 20/40 primary stat boost over the rare-quality gems.

Considering that blizzard tends to have problems with adding epic gems (mostly ppl QQing about the stat boost of JC falling and BS rising) for almost no gain, its entirely possible that blizz will not add epic gems.

To reiterate, they are not coming with 5.4, there has been no blue post about epic gems being added at ALL, but they have been datamined since 5.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    no epic gems yet, they might come in 5.5 as a gear up/make content easier option though. A bit like the item upgrader returned in 5.3
    The actual stat boost given by epic gems in any expansion is akin to the stat boost given by race changing from a no-dps race to pandaren. Its so tiny that its not even noticeable in the long run. Just mostly for the "ooo, shiny" factor.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2013-09-10 at 05:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mars; equator 16; elevated plateau 1P1, section 43, building Z1, room ru76
    The thing is Blizz added legendary gems this xpac.
    you cant beat that with a stick.
    stop the violence and have fun you qqers.

I guess they're saving them for patch 5.5, in case they feel like raiders are too bored and want another grind to improve gear. I wouldn't miss them if they don't show up at all this expansion, though. The WotLK ones were pretty well implemented, but epic gems in TBC and Cata were just a chore. Random drop gems are just annoying. Then again, WotLK ones were probably far too easy to get, making rare gems useless for anything except making epic ones.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Nah they wont appear at all imo. No point.

They need to add secondary stat JC-only gems. Lots of classes have secondary stat weights over double primary stats, and they are disadvantaged for being JCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    Yea, epic gems in Wrath were my jam. I was just hoping I missed something. My JC/enchanter hasn't really gotten much mileage this expansion.
    Agreed. I miss when we could make "catch-up" epic rings with JC.

Enchanting never really gets anything that I can think of during an expansion either. Would be nice if there was a pet pattern we could learn or something.

Deleted
    And make blacksmithing even stronger? Eh.. I don't hope so.