Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The PVE Hunter - 5.4 Live

So how is everyone doing so far this patch? I'm surprisingly finding my self at the top of the charts to far. Well top 5ish so far. We will see what happens when other classes get gear, but I was happy last night. I ran BM with Dire Beast all night and felt like I was in a good place. I also feel like the Legendary Cloak is pretty OP for us. I'm excited too see logs once they are fixed.

Deleted
    BM - Direbeast works for me good as well. Raid in 2 hrs lets see.
    Also i feel haste over crit works for now better , then crit over haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    cleared up to dark shaman last night on 10 man. I had to be bm to bring bloodlust beast cleave very competative aoe. My only gripe is without readiness opener is kinda boring....not kinda....REALLY boring. Anyone tried out marks yet?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran out of time so we only took down the first 4. 1 and 2 on most fights. Our ability to move and shoot may keep us competitive.

I did pick up Assurance. It's.....great.

I was topdps on some fights and even aoe fights as bm!...I feel the buff are good and we are competitive again! i got my xbow too yesturday so it helped a lot

*Edit* Legendary cloak procs is just OP. I like it haha

Deleted
    I have a question, does anyone "really" know the stat priority for SV and BM?
    Alot say crit -> mast -> haste for SV but in FD that's a 22k loss for me compared to haste -> crit -> mast.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I go into raid tonight but did a flex raid last night and played a bit with the talents. I did try ToTH which made rotation feel a little clunky and spammy but Id think perhaps with the CD reduction trinket and our set bonus that talent could be useful at higher gear lvls. AMoC seemed to do well for patchwerk style fights or id imagine dps buff moments in certain encounters. Tonight I will most likely run Dire Beast and AMoC/BS pending the fight. Overall Im happy with the changes. With gear I think other classes will definitely pull ahead but we will stay upper middle of the pack dps til they fix us next xpac.

EDIT: BM hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Bahlou View Post
    BM - Direbeast works for me good as well. Raid in 2 hrs lets see.
    Also i feel haste over crit works for now better , then crit over haste.
    I originally thought might be better to keep high haste at the moment and transition to crit with new gear. Has anyone ran numbers and have some insight?

I ran BM with DB last night as well and found it to be in a good place, around top 3 on most fights.

Knocked out the first 6 on 10M last night. Did pretty well for the most part in comparison to others in the raid, but it's a bit early to say anything conclusive towards balance or anything. I ran SV up until Galakras when I switched to BM. Wasn't really any reason to be SV on the earlier bosses, I just hadn't played SV in a while and wanted to stick with it I felt BM would have a bigger advantage. I will say, it's been a long time since I compared serpent spread and beast cleave back to back on the same fight, even though I already pretty much knew by just gut feeling that BC was stronger and has been since it's buffs/blink strikes, but SV has been top dog in AoE for so long before that that it's weird to see it falling behind in that regard. Anyway. Dark shaman seemed pretty simple just gotta get back in there and knock it out - just a bit chaotic what with the ground effects and such. Overall not too impressed so far with the tier but that's to be expected with overgearing and, well, normal modes. And of course I've done less than half of it. Also managed to pick up a bow off a bonus roll which I immediately upgraded to 561, but that was pretty much the end of the night so didn't get a chance to play with it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Stat weights in general are Crit > Haste > Mastery for SV, Crit = Haste > Mastery for BM (thus, you see the differences of opinions) and MM is Haste > Crit > Mastery.

The reason you see disparages in numbers on FD is because of shot sifting, in which too much emphasis is placed on haste.

On Topic: Felt great playing. BM opener is not a cluster of pressing buttons like a madman anymore. Was able to sustain better as a whole, and with the AoC trinket, I feel really good about the cooldowns. Ability to dps on the move contributed to me never being below 4 on ranks (25 man). Feelsgoodman.jpg

yeah our locks were crying yesterday a lot. with the changes to couple of classes i think we have more chances to shine, but that will change once everyone get used to the fight and new talents.

It will change one classes get their 4 pieces and heroic gear. Hunters do not scale well with gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    was pretty competitive on alot of fights, had to scumbag a little to keep up with everyone else scumbagging
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    It will change one classes get their 4 pieces and heroic gear. Hunters do not scale well with gear.
    Doesn't BM scale ridiculously with gear?

Also, rolled BM with DB and BS and have to say, pretty much destroyed the meters on almost every fight. Done 10/14 so far. I did get lucky with Assurance off Sha, and a few additional pieces, no weapon though

best fight to judge single target nuke is Malk in my opinion. Pulled 270k compared to everyone else who where roughly 200-230k. So I feel like I'm in a good place. Did manage to Burst 1m dps on Dark shaman. Legendary proc with Beast cleave is absolutely insane.

This is 10m btw.

Topping meters so far(vs 2locks, rouge and a feral) but missing so many KC because I suck at focus management.
    None got cloak, im still with haste>crit>mastery (no new gear either).
    Tried ToTH and that stuff were so random, DB it is!

The focus change on AS is so annoying and ofc opener only being 10~sec now is boring.
    Hope to get atleast 5focus cut from AS cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    The focus change on AS is so annoying and ofc opener only being 10~sec now is boring.
    Boring? Maybe
    Seeing 800k dps +/- openers boring? Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Boring? Maybe
    Seeing 800k dps +/- openers boring? Nope!
    Did this change from 5.3 for you? Im still doing the same, but for a alot shorter time now.
    Usually around 400k w/ ilvl 529 (no 600+ back). Ofc its better then most other that dont even break 200k.

Deleted
    I've done 12 bosses by now. At the moment as BM i'm doing pretty well, 800k openers, with db and blink strike. I have tryed some bosses as SV (Galakras and Spoils of pandaria) it's a bit behind but not that much, 600-700k openers.

I'm going haste>crit>mastery as BM and SV. On single target bosses i'm ending in the top 3 fighting with rogues and mages.

So my opinion we are not that bad we'll see with heroic gear.

I wish arcane shot was 25 and WoL was working

Can't complain so far.

I was 2nd on the Malkorok fight as BM, 2nd of the Galakras, Spoils and Dark Shamans as Survival. Our warlock is still top on every fight, but he is a good player. If we could remain around this spot later on with better gear I would be happy.