Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, I'm enjoying TI quite a bit. Last two days I've been running around randomly ADD-ing out because I'm trying to do five things at once!
    With the pet battles, well we asked for a challenge and they sure gave us one. Gonna have my work cut out for me getting a good setup for all of them. Finally figured out a reliable team to take down Oondasta, got the 4 normal bosses without too much trouble but the Celestials... ermagerd nerf healing. But there's strats up for all of them on warcraftpets etc. More fun to work your own out though IMO.

But it happens automatically while you do LFR you would've done anyway, no extra effort required. And the first stage got put on super speed in ToT.
    Agreed on the Timeless part, as an altoholic its been kind of overwhelming, i could see myself fully occupied on this catch up island for at least another week. As for the LFR i disagree. I did casual LFR and never went near to complete the legendary q-chain. Perhaps bad rng but not rly.

I like it. I didn't set sky-high expectations for it, but it's not a bad patch.

Lots of folks seem hell bent on burning through it all asap, oblivious to the fact that it's going to be around for quite a long time.

The isle is also the first place I've seen in this game that reminds me of old school tusker guard camping in AC. Which, in a twisted way, is really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Were people expecting SoO to be amazing? These people clearly haven't been paying attention to how blizz works post wrath.
    "People" like you make me sick. Obvious provocateurs who would be immediately permanent banned from the forums if i had anything to say about that.

Taking a look at your latest post its goes like this:

"The more unsubs the better really.."

"I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that mope is a horrible expansion."

"All the mope raids are horrible. Each one is just getting worse and worse."

Seriously...(this is a wow-forum, did you know?) I think the term GTFO never suited so well before.

Oh, also, add to that you have obvioulsy no clue about the Syrian conflict, your posts there were just so ignorant i had to do some serious facepalming and came close to crying.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    "People" like you make me sick. Obvious provocateurs who would be immediately permanent banned from the forums if i had anything to say about that.

Taking a look at your latest post its goes like this:

"The more unsubs the better really.."

"I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that mope is a horrible expansion."

"All the mope raids are horrible. Each one is just getting worse and worse."

Seriously...(this is a wow-forum, did you know?) I think the term GTFO never suited so well before.

Oh, also, add to that you have obvioulsy no clue about the Syrian conflict, your posts there were just so ignorant i had to do some serious facepalming and came close to crying.
    Trust me when I say it's better to just report and move on. Pressing on with a post like his will only lead with more infractions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Agreed on the Timeless part, as an altoholic its been kind of overwhelming, i could see myself fully occupied on this catch up island for at least another week. As for the LFR i disagree. I did casual LFR and never went near to complete the legendary q-chain. Perhaps bad rng but not rly.
    Where'd you get up to though? If you didn't do the relevant wings of ToT most weeks then you probably wouldn't have completed, but you should be up to the Titan runestones. They shouldn't take long with the drop rate buffs (though I haven't tested that yet).

I'm an altoholic too but I'm not playing my alts until at least a few weeks in so that I don't lose my mind. Luckily I'm getting 496s almost as fast as I can mail em out so all my barely-dinged-90s are getting free gear. My most geared alt was already better geared than that though. Maybe I'll take her through Flexi if I have the time.

It's true about MoP being alt-unfriendly, but the reason for that is because they're putting in so much content to keep main-only players happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Trust me when I say it's better to just report and move on. Pressing on with a post like his will only lead with more infractions.
    Yeah agree, try not to hate on haters, after a while they just become like white noise :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

But it happens automatically while you do LFR you would've done anyway, no extra effort required. And the first stage got put on super speed in ToT.
    not all of it does. Getting pvp done and getting the island rep and yea. Bunch of shit outside of the raid happens. The rng is actually the most frustrating part though, I mean that's just out of your fucking hands.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You are in heroic gear.... If it wasn't easy for you it would near impossible for the players it was aimed at. Reduce your ilvl by 20-25 and don't read guides / watch vids ahead of trying the fights and then see how it goes. Normal mode isn't really aimed at people that well geared and that well prepared.

Yes Horridon normal was quite a difficult fight... Now consider the fact that you are a person who raids heroics. If you find it challenging how is the average player going to find it ? Close to impossible.... Walls like that are beyond raiders who don't do heroics. Many guilds got stuck on that fight for weeks (or months if they didn't give up long before that). That's not a good thing for the games subs....

I think the bosses in a raid should generally get more challenging as you go along. If you start making the 1st few bosses hard then you don't have anywhere to go with the difficulty before you take it too far.

As for the cloak.... I'd be kind of disappointed if i'd spent the past year grinding away to get my cloak and then only completed it when progress was finished or half way through... What would be the point in that?

That's exactly what happened when I got my legendary bow from Sunwell.... It was just some random boss drop that I didn't do anything to deserve more than the other 24 people in the raid. Then there was no new bosses to use it against and 3 months later I replaced it with a blue.

My guild is now 9/14 but we still took an entire night to kill Malkorok due to 2 of our ranged dps being absent who we had 2 replace with 2 windwalker monks...(they replaced an elemental shammy and a boomkin so we also lost a lot of great healing utility). We also had to use 2 530ish healers who aren't part of our normal healing team (an alt and 1 of our old healers who went casual). A lot of guilds are stuck with such comp problems full time and bosses can't be balanced around great comps.

We are a guild who fully cleared all the 5.0 raids and TOT on heroic and got the Feat's of strength for doing it before the new raids came out... So I think I can say we aren't terrible yet we still faced a challenge by having to make a few changes to our team.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-09-13 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remeber how the first few fights of ToT was wall-hard for ppl (Horridon, Tortos, Perhaps council, and Durumu) and the last bosses were piss-easy?

Blizz wants the first few fights of SoO to be relatively easy, and then have a gradual difficulty rampup as you progress. So first 6 are easy, last 6 are not so easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

But it happens automatically while you do LFR you would've done anyway, no extra effort required.
    This isn't true. First, there were the PvP parts that had nothing to do with raids. There's Black Prince rep, too. Then, later on, there were additional non-raid parts. Additionally, if you had an alt you were bringing up after 5.2, it was likely done with T14 raids (geared enough for ToT LFR) well before it got all the sigils for the first grind.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Remeber how the first few fights of ToT was wall-hard for ppl (Horridon, Tortos, Perhaps council, and Durumu) and the last bosses were piss-easy?

Blizz wants the first few fights of SoO to be relatively easy, and then have a gradual difficulty rampup as you progress. So first 6 are easy, last 6 are not so easy.
    It seems more like first 10-11 are easy and last 3ish are hard

They wanted you to actually use them in progression this time.
    And this was a big mistake. They assumed, foolishly, that everyone would have them. What's going to happen is the very people they were trying to lure back into progression raiding in T16 will be excluded.

I'm suspecting the legendary quest design also led them to decide to make the expansion be main-focused and alt-hostile, another big error.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-09-13 at 04:58 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

After last night 5.4 feels a bit...well disappointing. I came home last night late so I only had 15min before raid to get flasks and head out. To my surprise 1/2 of my raid was in Legendary cloaks....the first reaction was ...o.0 the fuck...It took several weeks for the gem, several weeks for the socket, several weeks for the meta....months for the dam cloak cause fuck titan rune drops.....1h for the legendary upgrade. I mean I was fine that SoO had catch up mechanics for the legendary quests...only natural given where we are...but common at least make it so you have to kill Garrosh for the fucking thing....
    This has been common knowledge for months. The whole point of the cloak was to take down Garrosh, wouldn't make any sense to get it after killing Garrosh.

That brings me to the next point...so far the difficulty of SoO seems a joke. I feel like normal is under-tuned and it's like we were running flex. One shot first two, had dc's and stupidity for the 3rd so that took a bit of time but overall i think under 10-12 wipes (some were quick). Sha was also under 7-8 wipes. While we had people lag out and fixing shit and taking a 15min break a friend of mine is 7/14. This feels like an easier version of DS all over again.
    This has also been common knowledge for awhile, the first 4 bosses are designed to be easy. The difficulty ramps up the further in you go... We didn't even wipe until Dark Shaman in our guild, but we also killed Garrosh already so we aren't exactly the norm. If you wiped 7-8 times on Sha, you will not be able to kill the last 4 bosses without incredibly better gear or hundreds of wipes. There's no comparison in difficulty, they are leaps and bounds harder than the first 4.

Honestly, you seem to be wiping a lot more than norm compared to others with similar gear. I really hope you don't post another thread saying normals are too hard when you get further into the instance...
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-09-13 at 04:59 AM.

What people aren't realizing, or are choosing not to, is that, MECHANICS\ABILITY wise, most bosses in SoO are absolute jokes. Gear makes fight easier, sure, but if the mechanics are harder to execute, instead of being irrelevant, the fight remains challenging... I'm at 9/14 in 25m after 2 nights... and could have been a lot better, guess explaining strats and other stuff (lol @ assigning slices in Immerseus, waste of time) was a waste, when bosses just roll over and die...

I'm used to being disappointed by Blizzard and their content (or lack of), and this was just another step in the wrong direction. Siege of Orgrimmar seems too easy (we'll wait for heroics for a more accurate impression), the Timeless Isle is fun for a couple of visits but won't hold up... the most fun in the Isle was using the Hordos emissary thingie and just ganking everyone around, specially guildies. At least the Isle of Thunder had some progression to it, with the lore on the scenarios, opening new parts over time, etc. Timeless Isle just seems... empty and boring.

The best part in 5.4 for me was the Proving Grounds, that seems to be highly successful, all the rest though... meh. I sure hope we aren't expected to endure this more then 5-6 months.

Normal isn't supposed to be difficult for raid groups that will go on to have the tier on heroic farm. Normals will never ever and have never ever been difficult for these kinds of raid groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    yea see im with you on that one. non-linear walls that have a story sense of progression. After horridon you descended into hell with magera being the hardest cave boss then you had a stepping stone that is ji kun into two ancient bad dudes durumu and Animus with a gear check for Primodius then a ramp up for the last 3.
    Tot progression was more like Jin Roh'k, Horridion WALL. couciltortos Megarea jikundurumuprimordius Animus Iron Qon loltwins then LEI SHEN.
    You'd rather have a wall boss right away and make the farther along bosses faceroll rather than making the earliest ones the easiest (which actually makes sense)?

I would much rather have the cloak for progression than having it after we killed Garosh.
    ^This. The best Legendaries have always been those that you could actually use for progression in the same tier. Ateish, Thori'dal, Shadowmourne, Fangs were all inferior to Thunderfury, Glaives, Val'nyr and the staff from Firelands. Now, Blizzard made a series of Legendaries (we also got gems, sockets and a meta gem) that we got through progression. The last Legendary should ofc be used for progression in SoO, instead of being a vanity item in next X-pack.

Blizzard did it right this time. They basically failed with the previous Legendaries in the last tier in all previous expansions.

I put no research into anything but class mechanics. I woke up at 6pm (lol), scurried to get my legendary cloak before flex raid, had someone guide me to chests throughout the isle for the 5k coins. It was fun, haven't seen it yet, wasn't expecting anything major, but it turned out fun.

Same thing happened with SoO. I've been a top 100 raider for a long time before my guild disbanded, now I'm with a top 500 US guild (for 25) on Illidan, so I'm more relaxed. I put no research into ANY fight. Flex raid was really easy but still fun. I had the same experience in normal, we got juggernaut down in one night.

I did this because shit gets boring if you learn about it 6 months before it comes out. Let it be a surprise, learn it as you see it on live. I had absolutely no trouble on ANY fight in SoO (10/14 as of now), and I even daydreamed while people explain the fight so there's really no reason to learn it as soon as it comes out on ptr.
    Last edited by F1reheart; 2013-09-13 at 07:02 AM.