Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    9/14 25 heroic

So currently I'm gemming all 320mastery gems, and only matching socket bonuses of 160int. Fully raid buffed I'm at about 49.50% mastery with like, 8% haste, is the mastery stacking style not viable and/or out of date? There are some fights where I go EF like Dark Shaman and Spoils, but all others I go SS. Most fights we have a monk, a druid, a shaman, and 1-2 priests. Basically I'm just wondering if going the haste build for EF is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolzzy View Post
    Yup, I tend to do that when i know expecting DMG is about to go out i start blanketing people with EF. I've been looking for a decent Holy pally on twitch no luck tho. What's his stream link?
    http://www.twitch.tv/sockerbit

Try that guy!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    I coined heroic warforged multistrike trinket yesterday (was coining for tier gloves ) so I figured I might aswell try it and saw between 2.5-3% on Malkorok, Spoils and Thok so yea its pretty bad. Does anyone have logs of cleave trinket?
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-09-26 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Try that guy!
    He is a pretty cool guy I hear. Thanks Lucy!

Deleted
    Hai there,

So, i've been hunting around here for about an hour looking at other paladins armories, comments and haste caps/mastery priority. I've come to a few conclusions/questions that i wouldn't mind stating/asking and maybe some of you can help me out.

Observations
    1.IT SEEMS every top pala is gemming flat Int, unless the socket bonus grants int then they gem the purple/orange/ red needed to gain the socket bonus.
    2.as you probably know holy prism top dog. unless certain fights require stacking, i assume Thokk is one of these.
    3.all the top palas are reforging for the new haste cap 3506.

Now questions
    1.everyone is still rolling the full mastery gear which can be obtained in all slots as far as i can see, (except the second ring, which is haste.) true/false?
    2.the trinkets are Blackfuse+sha of pride? i think that one is a no brainier

I think these last 3 questions are the most important for me.
    3.Eternal flame is still king. and also paladins would 90% of the time use EF over light of dawn (unless 6 players will benifit from all of the healing done by a light of dawn)?
    4.tier 5 talents. every one of the top paladins linked at the start have chosen holy avenger over divine purpose. is this for a specific boss? or was Divine purpose only viable for EF ticks pre 5.4?
    5. 90% of the top paladins glyphed beacon of light (no global CD) is this because people are macroing it to spells they cast? E.G. flash of light/divine light for extra healing or for a charge of holy power (maybe in holy avenger CD to spread more EF)?

I do hope i get 1-2 replies, its my first post EVER. So go easy

I cant post a link, but i'm Flancks 14/14n starting hc this week (kazzak-Order of Sargeras)

Thnx

Flancks

x
    Last edited by mmoca8618d6623; 2013-09-26 at 05:18 PM.

Flancks,

I was actually wondering the same thing (regarding top Paladin choices). I noticed almost all the top Holy Paladins like Aladya, Bobina, Euphoniousjr, Ratyhe, Berrek, etc (since it looks like Smirk isn't really raiding on his Paladin anymore) are all running some combination of Int >= Spirit > Haste(3506) > Mastery > Crit = Haste(+3506).

I was looking at that because I've been switching back and forth between 3506 and 7170 trying to decide which one is better for me and I've felt like the 3506 matches my playstyle more. With the 7170 build I feel that during "Oh crap" moments I'm weaker. During those moments I'm usually using some combination of FoL, EF, HRx2, HS, LH/HP and LoD's, and I feel that if I'm not expressly sticking to the HRx2 > HS > EF rotation I'm wasting my stat priority.

It's the reason I didn't like SH when I tried it; when everything was going correctly it worked great, but when stuff hit the fan it felt underwhelming.
    Last edited by Healtuff; 2013-09-26 at 06:49 PM.

Sorry, I stopped watching when i noticed he was popping Wings,DF,Holy Avenger and Guardian on pull when there was little to no damage going out on Fallen Protectors Progression. I'm not a top pally or anything but even i know that's a huge waste. I sometime use Holy Avenger on pull to get some EF's rolling. I might be missing out on something.

Anybody have 4pc yet? I'm curious of ways to optimize it.

The person I was referring to is Edine:
    http://www.twitch.tv/edinetv

Also, I tweeted Aladya about this one EF blanketing...and he agreed with me:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I stopped watching when i noticed he was popping Wings,DF,Holy Avenger and Guardian on pull when there was little to no damage going out on Fallen Protectors Progression. I'm not a top pally or anything but even i know that's a huge waste. I sometime use Holy Avenger on pull to get some EF's rolling. I might be missing out on something.

Anybody have 4pc yet? I'm curious of ways to optimize it.
    Aladya is 4 piece.
    Also, the stream the other person linked...the reason why he's doing that:
    He's meter whoring. That's the only explanation for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flancks View Post
    Now questions
    1.everyone is still rolling the full mastery gear which can be obtained in all slots as far as i can see, (except the second ring, which is haste.) true/false?
    2.the trinkets are Blackfuse+sha of pride? i think that one is a no brainier

I think these last 3 questions are the most important for me.
    3.Eternal flame is still king. and also paladins would 90% of the time use EF over light of dawn (unless 6 players will benifit from all of the healing done by a light of dawn)?
    4.tier 5 talents. every one of the top paladins linked at the start have chosen holy avenger over divine purpose. is this for a specific boss? or was Divine purpose only viable for EF ticks pre 5.4?
    5. 90% of the top paladins glyphed beacon of light (no global CD) is this because people are macroing it to spells they cast? E.G. flash of light/divine light for extra healing or for a charge of holy power (maybe in holy avenger CD to spread more EF)?
    1. Yes, Mastery stacking for the most part is the most efficient way of playing, and you can always play with reforges to get the cap you desire.
    2. Yeah by the looks of it, the other two may have some use if we can get some more info on them, but for consistency those two trinkets are king.
    3. Even in a situation where all 6 need the healing, EF (most of the time) is still a better choice, the only reason to use LoD is in a situation where you need to split the healing, i.e. a large raid AoE is coming in and you need to have everyone topped off (although still EF>LoD unless they'll die from the damage).
    4. Holy Avenger is more consistent and allows you to control when you get your bursts of healing, and also makes HS a bit less of a downer in the rotation, HPS wise.
    5. The choices are pretty shocking, the other choices are very minimal in comparison, so its mostly a choice between Beacon, PotI and Divinity, with some situational use of Divine Protection or FoL. Of all of them Beacon is the most consistently useful.
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-09-26 at 06:49 PM.

It is 100% meter whoring and being bored. That fight is a joke, I know where other healer CDs are being used and our 2 paladin's personal CDs are not needed because of the coverage we have from other classes. I make sure my CDs are up for the times that require them(Norushen cleansed, Sha of Pride sub 30%, Galakras landed, IJ siege, Shamans lust, Nazgrim's burn, probably others I am not thinking of) and pad when they aren't. I am not saying I am one of the best paladins in the world, but I am not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I coined heroic warforged multistrike trinket yesterday (was coining for tier gloves ) so I figured I might aswell try it and saw between 2.5-3% on Malkorok, Spoils and Thok so yea its pretty bad. Does anyone have logs of cleave trinket?
    our logs are private (suprise, lol.) but on thok Heroic it ranges anywhere from about 2.5 to 5.60ish depending on the pull.

Multistrike trinket is horrible. Tried out the flex version on H Thok and it accounted for ~2.4% of my healing at the 50% health mark. Swapped back to my 530 valor trinket over it. I was also reforged for the 3506 mark, after raid I went to 7170 mark. I will post back and let you guys know which was giving me more throughput.

Spell Healing Done Overheal
    Multistrike 1067293 2.4 % 63.6%
    Last edited by Istyle; 2013-09-27 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    The person I was referring to is Edine:
    http://www.twitch.tv/edinetv

Also, I tweeted Aladya about this one EF blanketing...and he agreed with me:

- - - Updated - - -

Aladya is 4 piece.
    Also, the stream the other person linked...the reason why he's doing that:
    He's meter whoring. That's the only explanation for it.
    ....So exactly what do you want to do when there's little raid damage coming in and you still want to do something useful? Waste large amounts of mana just to satisfy 3 HP EF? Or do absolutely nothing constructive/spam denounce/*gasp* bank holy power?

No really, please, pray tell. Following that really awful piece of logic, any healer who does any sort of mana efficient healing during periods of low damage must be "meter whoring".
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-09-27 at 06:32 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's actually quite interesting trying out the 10,867 breakpoint (i'm alittle over 11k haste atm, with 16k spirit or so) I find that on most fights with EF it does really well with the buff to EF.

I also found that holy prism is far more attractive on a lot of fights this tier vs lights hammer (25 man still) whereas previously in ToT LH was really the only go to talent except for Heroic horridon (10 and 25). primordious depending on the strategy, and durumu on 10 and 25 where i would use holy prism on as well even in 25 man.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    It's actually quite interesting trying out the 10,867 breakpoint (i'm alittle over 11k haste atm, with 16k spirit or so) I find that on most fights with EF it does really well with the buff to EF.

I also found that holy prism is far more attractive on a lot of fights this tier vs lights hammer (25 man still) whereas previously in ToT LH was really the only go to talent except for Heroic horridon (10 and 25). primordious depending on the strategy, and durumu on 10 and 25 where i would use holy prism on as well even in 25 man.
    I am actually using Lights Hammer more this tier than last tier. Don't exactly see how you are saying ToT was mostly Lights Hammer use, didn't see that at all. ToT had more spread out fights and almost every fight this tier has a decent amount of stack time.

Deleted
    I have been using Lights Hammer in ToT, too...but to me it feels like there are much more situations in SoO where you can use LH to full extend...thats why i dont get why so many paladins switch to prism...it is target capped and i personally hate how the spell is used ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post

is the 10,867 breakpoint worth it? I can make it but would sacrifice a bit to get there. So curious if its that much more helpful to sacrifice the spirit and mastery if one could.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    is the 10,867 breakpoint worth it? I can make it but would sacrifice a bit to get there. So curious if its that much more helpful to sacrifice the spirit and mastery if one could.
    Its only worth it if you have the gear level to stretch to it without sacrificing spirit (i.e. you only sacrifice mastery), you need a very healthy amount of spirit to stay safe, around the 15-16k mark seems fairly universally agreed. Things like the Sha trinket will help you greatly in achieving both goals, although remember that just because you have a passive regen trinket, rather than a proc/active, that doesn't mean you can go for the lower spirit boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Its only worth it if you have the gear level to stretch to it without sacrificing spirit (i.e. you only sacrifice mastery), you need a very healthy amount of spirit to stay safe, around the 15-16k mark seems fairly universally agreed. Things like the Sha trinket will help you greatly in achieving both goals, although remember that just because you have a passive regen trinket, rather than a proc/active, that doesn't mean you can go for the lower spirit boundaries.
    I would be sitting a little under 15k spirit if i hit the final breakpoint. so im on the fence about it....obviously flask could push it over 15k so it's a tough call for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I would be sitting a little under 15k spirit if i hit the final breakpoint. so im on the fence about it....obviously flask could push it over 15k so it's a tough call for me.
    I wouldn't waste your flask on Spirit, you get far more value from the Int for both consumables.