Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    Did Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons yesterday with 7170 haste, then rest to mastery (30% unbuffed) and 13k spirit. Still using heroic 4pc and couple 561 pieces (overall 545 ilvl)
    We were able to go to ~22 stacks of acceleration on thok with pala/druid/disc comp, aura mastery/bop/bubble prevent interrupts by screech and holy avenger is just great for getting fat EFs on people to prolong the normal phase.
    Thok was just hotfixed earlier to generate energy a lot(by a lot, I mean after 4-5 stacks he starts using screeches in 1 second intervals) faster, probably need to see next week if the changes stick.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Thok was just hotfixed earlier to generate energy a lot(by a lot, I mean after 4-5 stacks he starts using screeches in 1 second intervals) faster, probably need to see next week if the changes stick.
    I doubt it gets changed now that it was fixed. It was hotfixed early wednesday, before that he wasn't gaining any energy. You can probably look at slootbag's stream from Tuesday and see one of Midwinter's kill of it where it had the bug. It made the fight a joke and they really didn't have to deal with any mechanics.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-09-13 at 08:36 PM.

Prismatic prism of pride just dropped for me. Is it better than lightning imbued chalice, help plz. I cant decide.

Deleted
    its miles better

Wondering if they are going for a HR>HR>HS style gameplay with 1HoPo EF's in between each, or using 3EF's.

Deleted
    Not really sure why you would use 1HoPo EF anymore, considering the main reason to use it before was keep Illuminated Healing rolling.

Just my personal thoughts for the patch. I think the 7170 haste breakpoint is definitely worth aiming for. I also think that we probably need to take more of a ret-based approach, instead pooling holy power until it is needed (if we ever reach 5, obviously spend it). Before it was beneficial to play on the low side because 1 or 2 HP eternal flames had their uses, but now they don't seem strong enough.

Working on the high side of holy power means that we can react faster to burst rather than simply trying to blanket them. Having less eternal flames but having them be stronger is probably much better now. 3HP eternal flames are much better throughput because we aren't wasting globals - and with the current state of our mana we don't need to be wasting globals to fill regen time.

We defeated the encounter post-hotfix.

BTW, the logs are now parsed.

So a lot of people are saying that they'd like to go for 7170 haste for 14 ticks of EF, compared to the 3506 haste for 13 ticks.
    That's a difference of 3664. Now, going off of the following conversions:
    1% mastery 480 rating
    1% haste 425 rating
    1% crit 600 rating
    1% spell crit 1850 rating from int
    Combat Regen = 6000 +(0.56435*SPIRIT).

If you use that 3664 as mastery, you will gain 7.63% mastery.
    I'm in a 25m and here's how I justify going to 3506 haste: What's the max amount of EFs that I'll be able to put out in 25m?
    I'm looking at one of the top parses for Iron Juggernaut and you can see that he has max of ~10 EFs out at one time with 40 EFs cast the entire fight.
    http://i.imgur.com/ubs4Zh8.jpg

For my gear, a tick of EF heals for ~40k.
    So 14 ticks of EF: 40k * 40 = 1.6m healing from that extra one tick.
    With 13 ticks of EF, but 7.63% of mastery on 60 million HPS fight: 4.2 million absorbs.
    Obviously I didn't take into account that the 60 million from EF won't all count as IH...and I also didn't include Chi procs, but to me, the one extra EF tick and the minimal reduced cast time isn't worth the mastery loss.
    Last edited by mcbubble; 2013-09-14 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    For my gear, a tick of EF heals for ~40k.
    I'd like to have EF that ticks for 40k on other raid members too. The only time they tick for 40k is when on myself or they crit someone in raid.

I must have shit gear or something.

Deleted
    I think you have to take into account more than just what you posted above.
    -One of the things that made Mastery slightly better was being able to extend Illuminated Healing duration with EF, which is no longer than case.
    -It was also widely agreed that Haste would have been a slightly stronger stat if it wasn't for mana issues, however this is also largely gone.
    -Getting a few extra casts in per fight benefits mastery as they'll be more raw heals for the shields to be applied too.
    -Increased HoPo generation in that you can squeeze in more Holy Radiance's + Holy Shocks with slightly reduced CDs.
    -Increased Haste also benefits BoL. Haste also benefits Crit and Mastery but Mastery only benefits Mastery.

It isn't as simple as '1 Tick of EF does X, 3.6k Mastery rating does Y'.

Not that I am saying one or the other is better, just there is far more in effect than your minor calculation/justification.

Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    We defeated the encounter post-hotfix.
    Probably need to nudge one of our disc priests to heal that fight, then, just to blanket shields. We are having problems running cast time based healers in our lineup.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Is the 7170 breakpoint actually worth it or should we stick with spirit > haste(3506) > mastery?

I have been using SH for the most part so far and just wondering how you guys think it currently compares to 3506/7170 EF? I'm seeing some pretty decent numbers with SH (generally 140-170k depending on fight)

Deleted
    Somebody of u tested in 25man Selfless healer ? is it good or better than the EF ( Malkorok EF is yes normal) but the other bosses or is SH just good at fights which are rly loong ?

Deleted
    Since our Healsetup is Dizi, MW and HP i just tested a full haste build
    Raidbuffed I'm at 12905 (50.57%) haste 9885 (30.18%) mastery and 10059 spirit

I was quite surprised that this build seemed very viable in normal mode so far ( we're at 9/14)

While SH is skilled i can just go through a simply rota

J-HS-Prism-J-HS-LoD/WoG-J-HR/DL

I very rarely dropped under 70% mana in the fights we've faced

Any thoughts how viable this will be in the hc content?

(sry for english errors :*)

The boss was fine after the fix, we chained Hand of Protection & Devotion Auras at the start after the third screech to maximise bloodlust dps & then let it push once we couldn't keep up anymore. We messed it up part way though & recovered pretty decently, killing it as the third cage was opened.

Two healed it with a Shaman, I was pretty terrible on that particular fight (personal play), have put the log below if you're interested.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...=16198&e=16549
    Last edited by Andyo; 2013-09-14 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Wording.

Im currently Using:
    7170 haste
    14.4k spirit
    7457 mastery

Im 14/14 (10m) but i did it with a little less Mastery and a little more spirit. Havnt had a chance to try my current spirit in normal but i did do flex and it didnt seem it was going to be an issue. I heal with a Disc Priest so we have plenty of absorbs, so ive been thinking about either going full haste, or going to haste break points and grabbing Int gems. Any thoughts?

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Bubbles/advanced
    First Day logs (only have bosses 1-9 logged): worldoflogs.com/reports/d8uxjhp4yc1hnpqn/sum/healingDone/?enc=kills

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pcb9k5e911qzci5b/

logs with 3506 haste using EF. was dead at the end of a couple of fights :\ personally going to stick to that EF break point until my item-level is a little higher, maybe 554 or more. I tend to spam a lot of heals and with 16k spirit have went OOM on a few fights, and we're going to be starting on heroics next week where my mana conserving abilities will be tested even more.

Deleted
    Ok, i am a bit confused now, icy veins and noxxic say that we should go with EF and int>spirit>mastery>haste

So we go with mastery or haste? EF or SS? So confused!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gmaister22 View Post
    Ok, i am a bit confused now, icy veins and noxxic say that we should go with EF and int>spirit>mastery>haste

So we go with mastery or haste? EF or SS? So confused!
    Never ever listen to Noxic. Anyhow. It depends on your playstyle, raid comp, what content you're actually doing.