The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I was sure Valids Story had been in another bundle, I recognise the name from somewhere. Searched the thread and the only results were from today though, hmm.
    I think it was discussed in a steam sale thread long enough for you to have remembered it...maybe two sales ago?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember everything !!! (to some minor extent), so probably

- - - Updated - - -

Think I might have seen it on Steams daily deal sometime within the last month or two as well.

So, how are people feeling about the Steam revamp then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I know I shouldn't complain...but...is anyone else getting annoyed that they constantly have higher mandatory prices now? Like I understand even at $10 I'm getting a steal, but I don't want to spend $10. I would get this bundle if it was $5 for Valdis, but I won't get it now.
    It is one of the reasons I stopped really paying much attention to humble bundles as the word humble has lost its meaning when they have these tiered lists for unlocking games. I don't mind doing it once in a while when they are adding in a game that has a decent worth but I remember when humble bundle first got started and you would see games like the Arkham line of batman games in the same bundle as the other games and you could get them all for the average of around 5 bucks for them all. Now it is hey get these games but.....if you want these other games it is 10 or 15 bucks total! Not very humble.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Now it is hey get these games but.....if you want these other games it is 10 or 15 bucks total! Not very humble.
    And I get the feeling that the prices went up because of the developers or humble staff simply wanting more money for a popular service, so I tend to agree with you...I think that's why I don't really like it. It's not like the charities were complaining about free donations...
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    It is one of the reasons I stopped really paying much attention to humble bundles as the word humble has lost its meaning when they have these tiered lists for unlocking games. I don't mind doing it once in a while when they are adding in a game that has a decent worth but I remember when humble bundle first got started and you would see games like the Arkham line of batman games in the same bundle as the other games and you could get them all for the average of around 5 bucks for them all. Now it is hey get these games but.....if you want these other games it is 10 or 15 bucks total! Not very humble.
    It started off as a charity thing, and people gave quite some money to it. Now people want to skimp by with giving 1dollar, and basically treat it like a steam summer sale instead of a charity case. Smart move on their behalf...for themselves and for charity

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    It started off as a charity thing, and people gave quite some money to it. Now people want to skimp by with giving 1dollar, and basically treat it like a steam summer sale instead of a charity case. Smart move on their behalf...for themselves and for charity
    I don't mind giving the average donation which was usually around 4 or 5 bucks for a lot of games but I don't like being told "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 15 bucks!" I am okay with that every once in a while but it is a standard thing now. If they want to change the model and keep the pay walls then drop the name Humble from it.

At the same time I do think people that just give 1 dollar shouldn't get everything but that was what the donating the average amount was for, at least originally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    And I get the feeling that the prices went up because of the developers or humble staff simply wanting more money for a popular service, so I tend to agree with you...I think that's why I don't really like it. It's not like the charities were complaining about free donations...
    I am curious as to what the reason is, maybe a combination of both things. And the money going to charity is a good thing, I'd be more likely to donate 5 bucks to unlock all the games than I would be to donate 10 to 15 bucks to unlock just a couple more games. I have no clue if I am in the majority or the minority in this so maybe that is one of the reasons why the pay barriers were put in place. To generate more money or to just reward the people who were already giving X amount of dollars.

im fine when its a relatively new game or a popular game that doesnt go down in price much but some of these bundles just have games ive never heard of in the high up tier and im just like why is that worth the money
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I don't mind giving the average donation which was usually around 4 or 5 bucks for a lot of games but I don't like being told "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 15 bucks!" I am okay with that every once in a while but it is a standard thing now. If they want to change the model and keep the pay walls then drop the name Humble from it.

At the same time I do think people that just give 1 dollar shouldn't get everything but that was what the donating the average amount was for, at least originally.

- - - Updated - - -
    See, here is where 'personal' stuff comes in. You DO think that 1 dollar shouldn't get everything...but you draw your own line at 'more than one dollar'. Humble Bundle (and me) draw that line at 10 dollars. It's not really black & white issue, but where people draw 'their own line'.

"Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 15 bucks!"
    "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 5 bucks!"
    "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to more than one buck!"

Are all the same, but with the line drawn in a different place

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    See, here is where 'personal' stuff comes in. You DO think that 1 dollar shouldn't get everything...but you draw your own line at 'more than one dollar'. Humble Bundle (and me) draw that line at 10 dollars. It's not really black & white issue, but where people draw 'their own line'.

"Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 15 bucks!"
    "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to 5 bucks!"
    "Hey you can only get X game if you give up to more than one buck!"

Are all the same, but with the line drawn in a different place
    Some of it is also how people value things and what they want from the bundle. Like myself, I only want Valdis the rest I either have or don't want. Would I pay $10 for it? Possibly, but I know during the Steam Sales it'll go down to $6-7 so I'm better off skipping the bundle and using that $3 on a future bundle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Some of it is also how people value things and what they want from the bundle. Like myself, I only want Valdis the rest I either have or don't want. Would I pay $10 for it? Possibly, but I know during the Steam Sales it'll go down to $6-7 so I'm better off skipping the bundle and using that $3 on a future bundle or something.
    Or 3x a 1$ bundle !

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's matter of math or anything, I just think every time I see a game at the $15 mark, I think to myself, "never heard of it". At least make it a relatively known title or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even buy "triple a" titles for more than a fiver, no chance of buying something unknown for a tenner (approximate conversion)

So, how are people feeling about the Steam revamp then?
    It's too blue, bright. Daily Deal has been moved out of sight.
    Finally can see what DLC you own from games, but it's only a 4 pixel wide box.. SE's solution to simply color the whole bar is way better.
    Top bar is a bit high. Should put the content in the global_actions div (the account stuff) on 1 line instead of multiple.
    I'll get used to it, but I'd prefer a less blue theme. Guess it just fits the whole big picture they try to force. The new icon is also worse than the classic icon.
    I don't even buy "triple a" titles for more than a fiver, no chance of buying something unknown for a tenner (approximate conversion)
    Try to see it as 6 games for $10

10+ Year Old Account
    Or 1 game for $4. 3 for $5 and 3 for $1 (3 on tier 1, 3 at bta of $5 and 1 at fixed $10)

I agree that daily deal should be nearer the top. Once you know where it is it's little difficulty to check though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, and I guess it isn't their fault, but it usually IS $10 for one game. I haven't seen a humble bundle in a long time where I wanted more than one game among the bunch. They stick a bunch of shitttastic games in the bundle, and one really good one, to make you think you're getting a deal. When they first started doing these bundles, they used to have quite a few good games in the bundles, and some so-so games that made it feel worth the price. The games used to be by known companies, sometimes AAA titles, but now they're basically all just indie games, dime a dozen time wasters, and straight up garbage.

As far as the charity thing goes, I never pay the minimum. I try to figure out what the games I'm wanting are worth, cut their regular price in half, and total them up, and pay that. So I'm getting a deal, and they're still getting money. I could honestly give two shits about charity, but it at least lets me sleep at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Or 1 game for $4. 3 for $5 and 3 for $1 (3 on tier 1, 3 at bta of $5 and 1 at fixed $10)

I agree that daily deal should be nearer the top. Once you know where it is it's little difficulty to check though.
    True, but it's a lot easier to miss now. I usually skim over the visible part of the storepage, watch everything in the slider and then move to my library.
    Nothing hard about scrolling down a bit, but having it in sight on pageload surely draws more attention to it.

The attitude of the past few couple of pages is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Will at least get the $1 bunch, but debating on the BTA for Long Live the Queen.
    I liked the concept of Long Live the Queen, but I ended up not liking it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

Thinking I want the $1 tier of games; the other games I already have, or I'm not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    The attitude of the past few couple of pages is astounding.
    What? Where? That the bundles are getting more expensive while not delivering more quality? Guess they copied that from Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    What? Where? That the bundles are getting more expensive while not delivering more quality? Guess they copied that from Blizzard
    If you believe that to be true -- and you absolutely have that right, everyone has different preferences -- that's fine. But to say that they're full of 'shittastic' games...to feel entitled to cheaper and better games...not to mention if all this bugs you, you can give them literally nothing and donate it all to charity. I don't want to give the impression that they're immune to criticism, but I feel y'all are going a little overboard.

Hey, I'm the person buying almost all bundles