Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They only "made themselves the bad guy" to folks who don't like how normal businesses operate when launching new platforms.
    My problem with them is that they scanned peoples hard drives and read the Steam friends file. That sort of behavior is not acceptable. It wasn't a normal business operation. People give installation software raised permission so it can install itself on the hard drive. They don't intend for that same software to start looking at other files on the computer. The only other software that does that sort of thing is malware and Antivirus software. Epic crossed a line with that action. We have no idea if they sent that information up to their servers or not. We have to take their word for what they did with the file. Their excuse that it was easier than calling the Steam API is hogwash. The Steam API is literally a single API call where you pass in the steam id. The API confirms that you have permission to get the information and then returns it in the same format as the file was storing it.

If one of our installations did something like that then we would be opening ourselves up to all sorts of trouble. There is no way that it's ok for Epic to do it. It's just not acceptable. What if they started reading your documents or getting your pictures? The worst part is that they haven't changed the behavior which begs the question, why?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jalopy is currently free at Humbebundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/jalopy-free

Steam has launched a "spring cleaning" event.

play some of your recent / older games for a few seconds to unlock various trophies and get some rewards.
    Also big discounts, and various games are marked as free to play this weekend.

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Steam has launched a "spring cleaning" event.

play some of your recent / older games for a few seconds to unlock various trophies and get some rewards.
    Also big discounts, and various games are marked as free to play this weekend.

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning
    Some games being free to play is rather nice of them, few games i wanted to try out but could never justify buying due to a huge backlog.

edit: Wish they made something like this a permanent thing, helps people like me with huge backlogs. Rather than decided between 300+ games i'm now deciding between 5.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-05-25 at 03:29 PM.

Anyone else have trouble getting day 4 to work on the steam spring cleaning event?

The past few days have taken a few extra hours to work for some reason. I got my day 4 tasks completed thirty minutes ago.

Yep, got it working just now.
    Odd, but alright

I couldn't get day 1 on spin cycle to work. So I ended with 16/17 tasks completed, but thankfully I still got the third badge. Still triggers me though.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 4 didn't reset until real late which affected everyone, but I didn't have any other issues.

Well, except that the first game on that account apparently was Bioshock. "Estimated download: 8 hours" (luckily it only took like a tenth of that but ugh)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I wouldn't say that it took that long - I got my fourth day tasks completed at 1:13PM PST, so that's only a few hours after it was eligible.

Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 is free on Steam if you redeem it before June 2nd @ 12:00AM.

Paradox sale on steam, got me some more Crusader Kings 2 dlc's and will get Imperator Rome and Hearts of Iron 4, already got stellaris and not interested in wasting thousands more hours of my life getting EU4 and all the dlc's for that.
    Do you hear the voices too?

June 2019 Humble Monthly

July Earn Unlocks:

Thoughts: well, that's a rather lackluster Monthly that just came out, imo. I can't find a single game I'd be interested in, and I'm pretty big on indies. That said, wow, those early unlocks! Amazing. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was easily my game of the year, I highly recommend it! Moonlighter has been on my wishlist for a while now as well.

Enter the Gungeon is free right now on the Epic Game Store

I've got this itching feeling HB should be releasing another games bundle soon.
    All that's active right now are books n software.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam's summer sale is up soon, would make financial sense to wait a bit before doing their bundle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The 2k-choose-your-own-bundle is still active, if it counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The 2k-choose-your-own-bundle is still active, if it counts.
    More of a sale than a bundle though

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fugitive-bundle

Fugitive bundle up at fanatical.
    wings of Vi is in there, which looks like a good metroidvania.

And there's a deus ex bundle up as well:
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/deus-ex-bundle

And for all you fellow gemcraft fans.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ostborn_Wrath/
    Add it to your wishlist.
    Last edited by bbr; 2019-06-20 at 08:19 PM.