How much better is this GPU

I have this GPU right now; http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

this one is the one im considering to buy,
    http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=909

and I'm wondering if I'll see a substantial upgrade in FPS in games n so?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunix View Post
    Unfortunately, no.

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/975?vs=827

Deleted
    perhaps go quad SLI?
    or SLI of 770/780 perhaps? that would be an upgrade. (590 should still sell for decent value aswell due to good cuda computing iirc)
    just going to a single high overclocked 780 would yield similar FPS at best likely.

Considering you're on WoW fansite and have GW2 logo, you'll see pretty close to zero improvement in FPS. None of current mainstream MMORPGs benefit greatly from maxed out graphics card, what you need is more powerful processor, especially if you're on AMD at the moment.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Considering you're on WoW fansite and have GW2 logo, you'll see pretty close to zero improvement in FPS. None of current mainstream MMORPGs benefit greatly from maxed out graphics card, what you need is more powerful processor, especially if you're on AMD at the moment.
    Gotta agree with this. MMORPG's are generally CPU intensive more than anything. Seeing as Intel currently trumps AMD in that respect, you might be needing a upgrade, or want to OC at least if you cannot/do not want to upgrade.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

You would be much better served with a faster CPU and at least 16 gigs of ram
    Last edited by DarkstarG; 2013-09-11 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    You would be much better served with a faster CPU and at least 16 gigs of ram
    Just...no. 8GB is more than enough for anyone outside of people that need a raw amount of ram available for professional/work related programs.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I have this GPU right now; http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

this one is the one im considering to buy,
    http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=909

It's all but impossible to tell whether or not a VC will be an upgrade for you without knowing the rest of your rig. A new VC might be absolutely worthless if your processor or memory can't handle the extra horsepower.

Substantial? No.

What are your system specs? It's possible that something else will give you the substantial improvement you're looking for.

Already have a pretty decent processor, still seeing pretty lackluster fps in all games i play :/ (got I7-3720 clocked to 4,1ghz)

edit

These would be my full specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz ( clocked to 4,1GHz)
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 32GB
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME, Socket-2011
    Corsair SSD Force Series GS 240GB 2.5"
    GTX 590 for GPU (this is what i think is lacking, considering i've heard that dual core GPU isn't really needed (?))
    Last edited by Sunix; 2013-09-13 at 09:14 AM. Reason: edit

Already have a pretty decent processor, still seeing pretty lackluster fps in all games i play :/ (got I7-3720 clocked to 4,1ghz)
    What kind of lackluster FPS you're getting then? Maybe there's something wrong with your system instead of it needing upgrades. Or maybe you're overestimating what kind of results you should be seeing.

For example very common misconception of people is that because you see 200fps on some third person shooter from 2008 you should also see 200fps in WoW/GW2 which is just plain wrong. With your computer you should see 25man raids in WoW running at about 40-50fps with the big slider pushed to ultra, and during heavy aoe drop to 15-25. If your numbers are much lower than that then there might be something wrong.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What kind of lackluster FPS you're getting then? Maybe there's something wrong with your system instead of it needing upgrades. Or maybe you're overestimating what kind of results you should be seeing.

For example very common misconception of people is that because you see 200fps on some third person shooter from 2008 you should also see 200fps in WoW/GW2 which is just plain wrong. With your computer you should see 25man raids in WoW running at about 40-50fps with the big slider pushed to ultra, and during heavy aoe drop to 15-25. If your numbers are much lower than that then there might be something wrong.
    Lately tried GW2 just to test my 780 out and I barely saw an increasement in fps compared to a 670 or 680 which I had a long time ago. Just in the main capital which was very very empty, I saw an average gpu load of 30-40% everything on ultra settings around ~65fps. Not that hard for you to predict that in some situations my FPS would be horrible.

@Op as I said there's no way utilizing a 780 fully so totally no reason to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account

i've heard that dual core GPU isn't really needed (?))
    dual GPU, not dual core, there are 1024 cores on the 590 (512x2)

in general, a 680 is about on par with a 590, and a 780 is much better than a 680, so on graphics load you would see a framerate improvement, but MMOs don't really have a heavy graphics load

you will see a gameplay improvement by getting a 780 though, depending on your resolution, wow uses about 1.4GB on 2560x1440, which is pretty close to the max of a 590 (1.5GB), so you would free up a little bit there in newer games with higher res textures like GW2, however, the big improvement will be in appearance and feel, the 590 does not have the best internal SLI bridging, and hardware framelock wasn't put in till the 600 series, unlike the 690, the 590 does have noticeable stuttering and missing frames, this would be fixed by getting a 780

personally i think a 780 would be a good upgrade, overall your framerate will change little in MMOs, but just about everything else will be improved (smoothness, responsiveness, etc) you also get some very worthwhile features from a 780 that you don't have on the 590, lower temps, less power draw, and onboard h.264 for shadowplay and shield streaming

my FPS drops on medium in GW2, in aoe heavy fights, down towards 10-15 fps (on MEDIUM)

Playing on medium as I can't bear going down to low graphics, I can play it pretty decently on Ultra W/O shadows, but then I'd get drops in events etc.