Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I want all of your guys' luck.
    Yeah no Doubt. I've used about 30 keys and no Burdens yet.

I was after the Bonkers pet, I have used 90 keys to get the pet, got roughly 9 armor pieces, no burdens,1 pet. was getting anywhere from 1-800 coins back per chest. I started with 20k coins and ended up with 4k coins after opening them all. This was yesterday around 6pm UK time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm gonna save up for the mount before wasting them trying to get the bonkers pet

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I think I'm gonna save up for the mount before wasting them trying to get the bonkers pet
    I was gonna do the same until i realised how slow the rep gains are, so I figured why not go for the pet, I'll probably have more than enough coins by the time I grind out the rep to exalted lol.

No idea why they would nerf the burden drop rate on this chest. It was already a piss poor rate anyways. I think I've spent around maybe 100 keys and I haven't gotten any burdens. And this was before the hotfix. Also, if token drops are nerfed too, then it'll be a bitch actually even finding a token you want to upgrade : /

I've only bought about 10 keys, and the best chest I've opened so far has given me 600 coins. Blah.
    Bessiepage - Korgath (US) / Acekicker - Ghostlands (US) / Maristraza - Ghostlands (US) / Niimeria - Korgath (US) / Khanga - Korgath (US)

15 or so keys .... only thing I gotten is more coins.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 11 alts and did the isle on each toon.
    My main didn't spend any on chests.
    My alts spent around 15k each.
    On average from that I got 1.5 per 15k coins (5 got 1 burden and 5 got 2 burdens).
    This was before the nerf though.

Oh right, and about 20 bonkers. Wish I could cage them and give them away to those who want them.
    Last edited by Yunalezka; 2013-09-13 at 02:40 PM.
    The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the Pokémon.

Deleted
    ive probably spent about 50k coins and received 1 burden of eternity, about 7 timeless armour pieces and the pet bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunalezka View Post
    Oh right, and about 20 bonkers. Wish I could cage them and give them away to those who want them.
    Indeed, my friend wanted to surprise me with a Bonkers, so he went and opened over 40 chests to get it and realise it couldn't be caged, so decided he would just use the rest of his coins since he had *wasted* them already and got 4 more Bonkers. I felt bad that he had spent all his coins trying to do me a nice thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I was gonna do the same until i realised how slow the rep gains are, so I figured why not go for the pet, I'll probably have more than enough coins by the time I grind out the rep to exalted lol.
    Well i can tell you that I have about 90k coins and still 16k rep to get, so you would be quite right in that assumption. Plenty of coins by the time you can buy it.
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    blimey didn't know those Burden things were quite rare,
    finally managed to have a fiddle on the island last night when I got inform work.
    saw all these turtles and spotted a rare people were hitting, 24% left I joined in and got this Burden of Eternity.
    Its safe in my bags till I decide what to do with it.

I bought 1 key to try it out, got 1 timeless coin (I thought it was rare to get 1 timeless coin), and gave up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah no Doubt. I've used about 30 keys and no Burdens yet.
    Wohooo, 30 keys no burdens... that's bad luck.

Bought 308 keys (also with coins I did get back but spent about ~65000 coins) and did get nothing (except for 47 times Bonkers which I cannot sell so 44 of them (actually 46) were like 0 coins). I am afraid to spend my new farmed 58k coins cause... is Kukuru's still better than buying a burden for 50k ...?

P.S.: Yeah, I have no life.

drop rate from kukuru's chest is a complete joke. i spent like 30k coins on keys and got 1-2 armor pieces, the rest was just coins and 1 useless bonkers. no burden at all. im annoyed at how blizz likes to nerf things to the ground so quickly here. burdens of eternity were already rare enough if people didnt jump on the isle in the first day. now their almost unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    drop rate from kukuru's chest is a complete joke. i spent like 30k coins on keys and got 1-2 armor pieces, the rest was just coins and 1 useless bonkers. no burden at all. im annoyed at how blizz likes to nerf things to the ground so quickly here. burdens of eternity were already rare enough if people didnt jump on the isle in the first day. now their almost unheard of.
    They're supposed to be rare.
    The isle isn't meant to be a reliable way to easily farm full 535 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Insulting View Post
    Yeah I'm closing in on 20k coins spent and all I've gotten was a couple timeless pieces. rng is rng i guess
    Same here no burdens about 15-20k spent and only unwanted timeless pieces to show for it, no bonkers even for me.

here are my results for start with 20k timeless coins after nerf :
    <START>

40x keys
    313 tc left

2xbonkers
    2x burden
    2x token
    12300 tc got back from chests
    -----------------------------------------------------
    24x key bought
    300 tc left

2x token
    1x burden
    8063 tc got back from chests
    -----------------------------------------------------
    16x key bought
    74 tc left

1x bonkers
    4924 tc got back from chests
    -------------------------
    9x key bought
    424 tc left

1xtoken
    3324 tc got back from chests
    --------------------------
    6x key bought
    324 tc left

3624 tc got back from chests
    7x key bought
    124 tc left

1x token
    2374 tc got back from chests
    4x key bought
    374 tc left

2xtoken
    824 tc got back from chests
    1x key bought
    324 tc left

========================================================================================== =

i hope it makes sense. sorry for the long post
    Last edited by Baly; 2013-09-14 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    After the nerf, I spent about 12k coins on keys on my alt shaman and got 2 burdens

Have also looted 3 burdens on my paladin, spending around 60k coins.

Most of the time the upgraded item only has 3 stats anyway. (Do new tanks really need 20% hit even after reforged off? Blizz's RNG says... yes!). Maybe a one in five chance of getting four stats. Not a great return on investing all that time.