Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why "Dance Studio" is getting mentioned this much?

Okay, I just don't get it..... why is this being mentioned this much?
    Are people ridiculing it? Are they being sarcastic or want to make a point of some sort?

Personally I don't see any reason for a dance studio at all, why waste development-time?
    I see this argument popping up also and most of the time I can see the reason behind it.

But with the dance studio, people don't see the waste of time? is it that important to have that dance studio?
    Or I am not getting the ridiculing?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kind of a joke at this point that everybody wants the Dance Studio that was announced but never followed through. Kind of an inside joke IMO. But with Model Updates coming this honestly would be the most opportune time to include it.

It is a joke about a useless feature that was supposed to arrive in previous expansions.

People use it these days to ridicule a feature that was promised but might never arrive, like new models.

Ah okay.... i can understand that it is used to ridicule things. :-)

I'm glad they haven't wasted resources on this, would be just some retarded feature for 12 yr old girls on an rp server imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    I'm glad they haven't wasted resources on this, would be just some retarded feature for 12 yr old girls on an rp server imo.
    My friends and I would enjoy it for hours on end, personally.

How about Path of the Titans? At least we got a similar system from the revamped talents... I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I don't think path of the titans can be compared to something like dance studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    How about Path of the Titans? At least we got a similar system from the revamped talents... I guess?
    Thing about Path of the Titans was it really was just like the glyph system.

Path of the Titans looked like something a lot more involved and interesting than the new talent system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Au fond, yes. It would also include Titan cults, and be heavily integrated into Archaeology, though (making that profession actually interesting).

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    The glyph system we have is a joke version of the talent system we have. And they are BOTH a lot simpler. Hence the "I guess".
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted

Path of the Titans was announced to be really different than what we got with the new talents.
    I like them, don't mistake the point, but path of the Titans would have involved quests and bits of lore, and attuning yourself to one of the Titans to gain advantages. It would have opened a lot more variety of class, but they judged it to be not doable enough without having cookie cutter choices.

Anyway, the dance studio is not only a way to mock the features that are promised but never get released, but also to mock forum people that make a fuss over features that should have been released without any info.

When the dance studio was scrapped, believe it or not, many people on the forum cried about it ! (I didn't, it was a stupid idea IMO)

It's the same as the infamous "Abyssal Maw" raid that is taken out of the closet sometimes, where people complain about how epic it would have been, without realising it was never meant to be a raid, but a 5-man dungeon, Occulus style, with underwater combat (everything people loathed).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    It's the same as the infamous "Abyssal Maw" raid that is taken out of the closet sometimes, where people complain about how epic it would have been, without realising it was never meant to be a raid, but a 5-man dungeon, Occulus style, with underwater combat (everything people loathed).
    Source? I was always under the impression it was meant to be a raid. While we're adding in things cataclysm failed at - Firelands on release, War of the Ancients raid.

People should also not forget it was mentioned on the games box as well. Someone could probably argue for misrepresentation and false advertising.
    RETH

It's been heavily ridiculed since it was not only mentioned in the trailer of WotLK (not the cinematic but the announcement trailer) it was also explicitly mentioned on the WotLK Box, yet it never came!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    It's been heavily ridiculed since it was not only mentioned in the trailer of WotLK (not the cinematic but the announcement trailer) it was also explicitly mentioned on the WotLK Box, yet it never came!
    This? Even thought it might be a fake photoshop.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-10-24 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Source? I was always under the impression it was meant to be a raid. While we're adding in things cataclysm failed at - Firelands on release, War of the Ancients raid.
    http://wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_(instance)

There's the whole quote of Ghostcrawler on the subject. It was initially an 5-man, was thought to become a raid to go along the push back of the firelands, and was underwater with not enough interesting features or story.

But yes, Firelands was to be on release, and War of the Ancients a raid at the 4.1. But these were scrapped because they were too ambitious in their original planning of Cataclysm. They should have made two expansions, one about Elemental lords, one about Deathwing.

I don't see it as a waste of time any more than stuff like transmogrification was a waste of time, but I honestly don't care much for it either. There are a lot of features in game that aren't practical but make the game more fun and interesting. Nothing really wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    This? Even thought it might be a fake photoshop.

Yep this, it's not photoshop, I have the box at home

Deleted
    #neverforgetthedance

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Au fond, yes. It would also include Titan cults, and be heavily integrated into Archaeology, though (making that profession actually interesting).
    Or it would make it that much more of a chore that you have to do to be accepted into groups. What they showed at BlizzCon really didn't look all that interesting, which probably was why they decided to scrap it.