Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Goes into Normal mode overgeared, beats the first 5 bosses that are meant to be easy, comes to forums to complain it's too easy.

Nice.
    Well its been a while since Blizzard made the entry bosses purposefully so easy compared to the previous tier which makes it feel odd in particular when there is Flex to fill in that easy gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    The instance clearly isn't tuned for heroic raiders. It seems clearable in ~540 gear - anything else is a bonus. The DPS checks are nonexistent, and even mechanically normal mode is very easy compared to ToT I felt.
    The developers are kind of working backwards again this expansion like they did in Cata. Lets just hope the developers do not take so long to get the next expansion rolling.

While the dungeon is fairly simple if you were clearing most of Heroic TOT... Paragons and Garrosh are considerably more annoying than anything that comes before. By a wide margin (though Paragons is really down to raid awareness/IQ).

Also, after not even functioning on the first night, Thok has received substantial buffs from PTR testing. Roar hits harder, his energy fills 3-4x faster, and he has 200 million more health than the initial 10m normal test (he always needed the hp, original amount was a joke). It's still not a hard fight, especially if you 3 heal it, but if the tuning of the Roar damage and Energy gain carry over to Heroic he will be very difficult.

They did a much better job this tier of having a "gradual" increase of difficulty. Exception being that Dark Shaman are probably the hardest fight before the last 3 (at least if you have a lot of melee... they become exponentially more difficult with each melee added!).

"I think Ragefire Chasm is to easy for our full geared group."
    Stop QQ and wait for HC. Damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Goes into Normal mode overgeared, beats the first 5 bosses that are meant to be easy, comes to forums to complain it's too easy.

Nice.
    Wow playerbase in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    We had a 3 hour raid today, and we've managed to kill 3 bosses. They felt PERFECTLY tuned, I mean 1 one was easy as fuck, 2 one required something from the raid, 3 one was even harded for us, so yeah, better than wiping 6 hours straight on Horridon.
    Also, bosses are a lot of fun ^^
    My guild is hitting the timer on the third boss, but it isn't anything drastic. I know we'll get them down next week! t's a challenge, but not to the point where you pull your hair out like in Horridon. God, that boss was hell. lol.

Unless you were in a really high end guild in T14, no one had time to farm best in slot for entering ToT--T15 came out too quickly.

People are entering T16 with much more gear as compared to what they had entering T15. A lot of people overlook this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I can't help myself. We had our first evening in SOO, 4 hours raiding - and killed 9/13, only 1 wipe over the complete evening (on dark shamans) - and no, we're not hardcore. We didn't have PTR raids, we played really bad, made soooooooooo many mistakes - but ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics.

In TOT, we needed 4 days to complete normal mode. In SOO, i get the feeling it won't be more than 2 days. That's ridicilous. All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides, so punishing - but in the end, it's way too easy. And i don't understand it, our twinkraid will go for 14/14 on friday and i feel they're gonna do it without problems.

Normal mode feels like what flex raiders should expect. Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?
    You're overgearing a normal raid. What do you expect? If you had trouble clearing that place on normal mode with THOSE gear levels, I'd fear for your heroic progress!

Try SoO with what your average normal mode player is wearing, you know, the guys who still had trouble downing Lei Shen normal or the guys who have never bothered to kill more heroic bosses than Jin'Rohk. Those guys are wearing something between 520-530. 530 is probably estimated too highly already because that would require people to have 522 on every slot, upgraded to 530... The average normal mode guy doesn't do that. I'd figure that most people in that demographic aren't hardcore enough, understandably.

Got a 0% wipe on 2nd boss, SoO with 490-520 casuals isn't too easy =D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help myself. We had our first evening in SOO, 4 hours raiding - and killed 9/13, only 1 wipe over the complete evening (on dark shamans) - and no, we're not hardcore. We didn't have PTR raids, we played really bad, made soooooooooo many mistakes - but ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics.

In TOT, we needed 4 days to complete normal mode. In SOO, i get the feeling it won't be more than 2 days. That's ridicilous. All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides, so punishing - but in the end, it's way too easy. And i don't understand it, our twinkraid will go for 14/14 on friday and i feel they're gonna do it without problems.

Normal mode feels like what flex raiders should expect. Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?
    ilvl 545 tells me you have been fully decked in hc ToT gear - why does it suprise you that you can clear it so easily? wait one week and go hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Yet no one has killed Garrosh? This just proves the hypocrisy of its too easy people.
    noone killing it because people try heroic tactic and most guild doing it last week reset days
    I agree on content is too easy and item upgrades really make this difference, we facerolled 2 first bosses, yet we wiped on 3rd coz ppl slack to check tactic and not understanding mechanic fast,
    but overall it's a huge `loot bag`, even garrosh is maybe hard, but it doesn't cover how rest 13 bosses are faceroll through
    and in the end people will whine as there is nothing to do as they cleared already whole instance...

Grats normal is NOT tuned for you and guess what the folks that will be doing normal do NOT have 545 ilvl gear when they enter the instance, just another typical elitist thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leothas View Post
    ilvl 545 tells me you have been fully decked in hc ToT gear - why does it suprise you that you can clear it so easily? wait one week and go hc.
    exactly it is like bitching Molten core is too easy when you have full naxx gear

Deleted
    Well first bosses in Soo are indeed easier compared to ToT, which is good imo, having 3 days of wipes on 2nd and 3rd boss and stomping through everyrhing else (except Lei Shen) felt very wrong last tier.
    Watching the streams I'd say wait for the last bosses: Blackfuse is kinda challenging, Paragon are overtuned and Garrosh is just brutal and intense.

Deleted
    I'm not sure folks on the internet really know how to use modesty in a polite, sort of 'right' way.

Heroics. That is all.

First 10 bosses are pretty lightly tuned for the 540+ ilvl groups. After that the difficulty starts to ramp up a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCauthron View Post
    Good luck on Garrosh?

Go watch Exorsus wiping on it

Also 10 man seems even more easily tuned than 25 man from my friends that I talked too.
    But even when we start heroic raiding, we will have to kill 12 or 11 or 10 bosses on normal mode every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    HC raiders stomping normal SoO.

More news @11
    Indeed. My guild who had 1 full clear of normal ToT and the rest partial clears (generally up to animus) have run into a wall on Norushen because the DPS race looks too tight for us. We had 20% left at 30 secs to enrage, maybe we did the fight wrong but for people in normal mode gear the fights don't exactly seem so trivial.

6/14 after 3 hours, previous ToT 10/13H
    total number of wipes is laughable but expected

I really dont see why there should be "that easy" so many bosses, first 4 in vale should be enough (and im fine with them beeing easy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Indeed. My guild who had 1 full clear of normal ToT and the rest partial clears (generally up to animus) have run into a wall on Norushen because the DPS race looks too tight for us. We had 20% left at 30 secs to enrage, maybe we did the fight wrong but for people in normal mode gear the fights don't exactly seem so trivial.
    Thats what is Flex for. to farm ToT HC level gear and help clearing normals. I can see that Raid mostly geared in 502-522 items have problems on boss tuned for 520
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2013-09-12 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leothas View Post
    Even flex raiders will get pretty fast to ilvl 545 or even 550 (don't forget Ordos and Celestials for 553/559 gear + 8 ilvl via upgrading).

They created Flex raiding as the easier content to somewhat gear up, for those, who aren't so experienced raiders. Even those will be somehwat bored pretty fast of ridicilous unpunishing boss mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Well of course you made some mistakes. I suppose you weren't able to do the tests succesffully.

But don't forget, how fast you will gain new gear. It's one ilvl per weak sololy by doing item upgrades, Ordos and Celestials will give you normal mode gear and flex raiders will gain very very fast gear, perhaps 1-2 items every week + extra coins. You will reach pretty fast a point where you can face roll Norushen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No, that's why they have LFR and flex for fairly easy. Shouldn't be

LFR-Easy
    Flex-Easy
    Normal-Easy
    Heroic-Hard

There are different types of players out there with different skill levels. With your formula, the people in the middle would be left out. Besides, these are hard mode raiders with high ilvls saying it's easy. A 530 guild is going to struggle. Alot.
    Corr:

LFR - Easy for everyone
    Normal - Easy for organized Groups / Hard for Pugs
    Heroic - Hard for organized Groups / Impossible for Pugs

Dont know about flex^

This:
    and no, we're not hardcore
    is the exact opposite of this:
    ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics
    ilvl 545 means you have done a lot of heroics previous tier. This means normal is not for you, and you are clearly overgaring it. You are a part of the top 5% players who clear normal the first week and then go for heroics only.

Kudos for you skill, but still normal is not undertuned if you enter it overgeared.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.