10+ Year Old Account
    D... D... D... double chapter

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread borked?

Anyways, that last page of the latest chapter! Could it be Ivankov? Or could it be maybe that Black Maria is really an Okama?

No break next week. Seems Oda is pretty determined to hit chapter 1000 by the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Luffy went super saiyan

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last chapter really cemented wano as my least favourite and Mabye even first bad arc of the series.

Changing luffy from a really determined guy with a kinda stupid fruit which he manages to get great use out of to the more or less chosen one with a writers get out of jail free and do any thing card is Mabye the worse move of the whole series.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The last chapter really cemented wano as my least favourite and Mabye even first bad arc of the series.

Changing luffy from a really determined guy with a kinda stupid fruit which he manages to get great use out of to the more or less chosen one with a writers get out of jail free and do any thing card is Mabye the worse move of the whole series.
    It was already going that direction with the whole D thing and conqueror's haki

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    It was already going that direction with the whole D thing and conqueror's haki
    I wouldn’t quite say either of those fit the whole chosen one thing. Conquerors Haki has been pretty well spread through any strong person if I’m not mistaken and To a lesser extent the same thing with the D just that it’s been most captains of the worse generation with Law and Kid also being D’s I believe.

Luffy being joy boy and having the human human fruit of endless potential or what ever doesn’t really have a equivalent in the series that I can think of.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

It was about time Luffy got a serious Powerup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    He went looney toon....I'm not gonna lie I'm glad Oda went this route, it fits Luffy well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    More like super silly saiyan

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was suspected beforehand that luffy fruit was gonna be something special especially when they started to mention how some fruit powers could awaken and mess with the entire area they are in. So I’m not entirely surprised that they decided to

"luffy played the toon world card." i saw that comment on a youtube video and thought it was funny.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Gotta say, I hope this new Luffy power is just them doing a big flashy reveal for the awakening and they gonna tone it back down again for at least the near future.

Last couple chapters being anything to go by, i don't see myself enjoying it as much going forward if it keeps this level of silliness up.

damn megumi ishitani on fire even with this epidose D:

btw rufy being a choosen one si cristal clear since chapter 100 where there is the panel on the beheading stage exactly like gol d roger execution, and shortly after dragon just say to follow his destiny. the only change is from having the rubber fruit to have the rubber man fruit (plus yes toon power)...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2022-04-28 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So two more chapters to finish off this arc/saga and then a Oda is taking a month long break before starting the next, and final saga.

Next two chapters should be big. New bounties, new Admiral, new Emperors?!? Yamato officially joining the crew. Sadly that probably means saying goodbye to Carrot.

Buggy is the new yonkou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buggy! This series man. Not sure I like "The Bombastic Clown Buggy" as much as "Star Clown Buggy."
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2022-06-18 at 09:58 PM.

bugy the only true god of one piece, not like his ripoff usopp
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

anime remake is happening, will be made by Wit Studio

Let's hope the remake moves faster than a soap opera. OP is one of the few anime I just refuse to watch, often more than half the episode is just wasted