10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does anyone expect that Big Mom will be defeated in combat? I mean I am pretty sure she will just love the cake so much she'll let them go.
    Tbh, I'd be pretty pissed if Big Mom was dropped this arc. The whole point of this arc, IMO, was to show just how huge the gap is between the Strawhats and the Yonko and to really hammer home that they are NOT ready for that shit yet.

I think Luffy vs Dogtooth is enough of a showdown to end this arc on, then Sanji calms Big Mom down with the cake and they just about manage to slip away.

Then after they get wrecked in Wano, they have another time skip, but WAY longer this time... I mean at LEAST 5 years, and post timeskip Luffy is ready to tangle with Yonko.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not missing techniques, they are missing raw power.
    They don't NEED new techniques... but they could always use a couple .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure what Robbin needs.
    Nothing much really, she's got a fair level of control over her fruit and doesn't really use Haki. I think the only real upgrade she needs is Awakening her fruit... But they all need that, so it's not unique thing to her.

Well damn. Carrot is strong. I mean, she's agile, Idk if she'd take a punch from the big boys, but she can certainly make quick work of New World fodder.

Carrot-chan became carrot-san. Minks are open.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking knew it! I knew she had some brutal shit to pull out. I'm guessing her durability will stay low/mid, but her speed and damage are going to be throught the fucking ROOF.

Can't wait to see her wreck shit, then let Luffy pull some brutal shit against Dogtooth and wrap it all up with Big Mom eating her wedding cake and calming the fuck down.

solid ending to a good (if a little long) arc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope this arc will conclude soon, I want to know what will be happening at Reverie! And I hope Carrot becomes a full time Straw Hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 they get carrot instead of jinbei

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'm kinda curious what the aspect of Big Mom losing weight means... Seems to me she's never gone this long in her mental state without first obtaining the food she desired, so this seems to mean that her Rampage consumes her stores up much faster than normal to sustain it.

This makes me wonder two different outcomes:

1) Cake is destroyed, and Big Mom just eventually "runs out of fuel" for her rampage and collapses?
    2) Cake is eaten, and Big Mom is now at severely reduced strength due to having "Burnt" all her reserves durring her rampage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    2) Cake is eaten, and Big Mom is now at severely reduced strength due to having "Burnt" all her reserves durring her rampage.
    That was my first thought. I'm guessing she'll tire herself out by the time she eventually eats the cake and calms the fuck down. She'll still be a total beast, but not enough to utterly destroy the Strawhats before they can escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That was my first thought. I'm guessing she'll tire herself out by the time she eventually eats the cake and calms the fuck down. She'll still be a total beast, but not enough to utterly destroy the Strawhats before they can escape.
    I also had another crazy theory, of which I kinda hope doesn't happen.

What if Big Mom not only shrinks in waistline, but also in height?

I'm kinda wondering/worried that after Luffy's Katakuri fight seeming to be the "big fight" here - that maybe there won't be a final Big Mom fight, but instead she'll take a bite of the cake - come back to her senses, and then see that she's the "same height" as everybody else. Boom; Best cake ever eaten + Her dream is finally realized = Big Mom now loves the Strawhats. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Mom won't be defeated in the typical sense this arc. These last few chapters have basically shown part of her weakness but she won't be defeated, she'll most likely let them leave (or they'll escape) once she finally gets her stupid fucking cake. The Straw Hats are a declared enemy of hers, it's a possibility that they'll end up allies in the future but it won't be anytime soon.

My thoughts are, the cake might bring her back into a memory trance from the past... Or Pudding might have the capability to flash her back some of her 'missing' memories. Not sure if it will work on Big Mom since so far, Pudding's powers work on souls taken away from other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Boom; Best cake ever eaten + Her dream is finally realized = Big Mom now loves the Strawhats. >_<
    Yeah, REALLY hope that doesn't happen. Her rapidly burning through her bulk, due to being so hyped up makes sense. Her losing hight because... plot? No thanks.

I'm 90% sure Luffy Vs Dogtooth is going to be the "Big" fight of this arc. From everything we've seen so far, I can't see any way that the Strawhats could take out Big Mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus Oda made it pretty clear that Luffy has to fight Dogtooth to improve his Haki. So we are going to see a new technique there (and the more Luffy's Haki improves, the more he can use G4; just as with G3, being able to maintain that form will be key to surviving from here on.
    Exactly. While this is the "big fight" of this arc, it's really more of a training fight than a reveal fight, or a story fight. I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing some improvements in Luffy's Haki and maybe a new technique that will come into play in the coming fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what do people think of Oda's announcement at Jump Festa? Who is the legend that will show to be the Straw Hats' greatest foe?

10+ Year Old Account
    what was the awnnouncement

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    what was the awnnouncement
    https://animemojo.com/shonen/one_pie...sta-2018-a3649

10+ Year Old Account
    Has the Big Mom arc concluded in the manga ?

Avoiding spoilers, haven't read anything in the thread, and just scrolled down to ask the question.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Has the Big Mom arc concluded in the manga ?

Avoiding spoilers, haven't read anything in the thread, and just scrolled down to ask the question.
    no .