Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Tried Warrior Arms with my guy in old 473 pvp gear, couldn't get past gold after 10 tries. Rather depressing really... thought I was pretty good at the game. Guess I'm the scrub.

I hit gold yesterday as Fury, and wave 9/10 in gold proved difficult for me. I strongly suspected it'd be easier as Arms, which I'll go when I try the endless waves. Storm bolt was useful for dealing with the monkeys w/ healer combo, as the ranged stun gave me extra time to deal with killing the bastards. But yeah, the rage generation from having low crit is pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimuryl View Post
    But yeah, the rage generation from having low crit is pretty terrible.
    Don't forget about the fact that if you don't get a crit you can't use Raging Blow, and if you don't crit you aren't enraged, if you aren't enraged your mastery isn't working at all. That's one whole stat completely made null and void in a situation where every stat is made all the more important.

I love the concept of Proving Grounds but I can't get passed gold as fury, I get to around 8 or 9 if RNG is kind to me, having my crit getting nerfed back to 463 levels is just brutal. Might give it a try as Arms later.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Hope this isn't considered a necro.

Just thought I'd update this as I made the thread when I couldn't get wave 10. Highest wave is now 45. (Arms)

finished gold but have not put any time into endless.

Deleted
    I've made a guide to Arms in Proving Grounds. Check it out!

got to wave 27 or so as fury. hit 38 as arms before i screwed up and got caught in amber blobs a bunch of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've made a guide to Arms in Proving Grounds. Check it out!
    Great guide, what trinkets did you go with? I haven't been back in PG since i got the endless 30 achievement but I'd like to get into the 40's as well, I got to 39 on my run.
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenash View Post
    Great guide, what trinkets did you go with? I haven't been back in PG since i got the endless 30 achievement but I'd like to get into the 40's as well, I got to 39 on my run.
    Thanks.

I don't use any special trinkets that might help with proving grounds, I just use the trinkets I raid with. H Evil Eye and Thok's Tail Tip.

Thanks.

I don't use any special trinkets that might help with proving grounds, I just use the trinkets I raid with. H Evil Eye and Thok's Tail Tip.
    Again... Excellent Video. Just got wave 50! Time ran out with Mob at 15%. Your idea about leaving a guy alive and in combat really helped me keep my rage up. Thanks again!
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't spent alot of time in Proiving Grounds, and I hit wave 7 and was sort of stuck. Saw your video and made good use of the tips. Was already using Rude Interruption and pooling rage, but had some faulty tactics to maximize my damage output (kiting the orbs being one of them). Have made it to wave 27 so far.
    I'll be getting the title soon enough, and after that I'm going for top spot for warrior dps on my realm. I'm 3rd at the moment, though.
    Last edited by Fog; 2014-01-15 at 02:25 AM.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a wave 30 wipe, even with 2 berserkers (in other words, 100% berserk uptime during wave 30, forgot about using it at the start of wave 9 due to lack of time and adrenalin). For some reason the RNG gods were against me, and slam didn't crit ONCE during a CS window at the start with all CDs up, making me lose about 1.5m worth of free damage.
    At the end I was spamming slam, saving OP, and ran out of time with 150k damage left on the boss. A fist of fury met the keyboard mere seconds after the wipe.
    Using Battle Shout to get extra rage and using Heroic Strike inbetween GCD wasn't enough to seal the deal.
    Now it seems I'm not ment to make it, with several wave 17 and 27 wipes. That wave seems to be a major cock block since the damn balls react too fast to my movement.

YES I MAD BRO
    Last edited by Fog; 2014-01-15 at 02:27 AM.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

Deleted
    Thanks.

If you are after ranks etc you should consider getting rid of those imo. SoO trinkets, eye and thok's, seem crap for PGs. They scale down so much they aint worth it. I mean with eye you still going to use BB once every wave (cuts cd 10sec or something), for the same reason thok's scales with the rest of the gear that is downranked so much. So the outcome is too low again. Havent done or seen any math on it but i bet skeers is better than both those easily. I'd say something like dmc and primo trinket would be the best combo.
    Other than trinkets i'd reckon use those neck-bracers-weapons from ToT cause they got more sockets.
    Regards, T.

ps: dont forget most of your dmg in there as arms (should) comes from deep wounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Other than trinkets i'd reckon use those neck-bracers-weapons from ToT cause they got more sockets.
    But that socket comes from a legendary item. Aren't everything legendary disabled in PG? Sure, not the raw stats, but procs etc. I would imagine the extra socket would be too.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

Deleted
    I think i had test it getting a gem in and out of the extra socket from a ToT weapon and worked. Ie replace that extra crit gem with say a strength one and crit got reduced. Unless ofc i mixed the gems slots...but its been a while since then. Also legendary cloak might have 3 secondary stats but doesnt necesarily make it a better one, cause each one of those 3 is less than a normal cloak's with 2 stats. So say the cloak from primordius will give you more crit than the legendary one. From the other hand if you got haste reforged from legendary one to expertise then you gain more stats cause hit/exp dont get down ranked.
    Thats the case with PGs and Gold runs. You will gain alot more stats, say crit, if you are full gemed for it and reforge from other secondaries for hit/exp, than using those exp+crit or hit+crit gems.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-01-15 at 02:04 PM. Reason: edit to clarify

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I think i had test it getting a gem in and out of the extra socket from a ToT weapon and worked. Ie replace that extra crit gem with say a strength one and crit got reduced. Unless ofc i mixed the gems slots...but its been a while since then. Also legendary cloak might have 3 secondary stats but doesnt necesarily make it a better one, cause each one of those 3 is less than a normal cloak's with 2 stats. So say the cloak from primordius will give you more crit than the legendary one. From the other hand if you got haste reforged from legendary one to expertise then you gain more stats cause hit/exp dont get down ranked.
    Thats the case with PGs and Gold runs. You will gain alot more stats, say crit, if you are full gemed for it and reforge from other secondaries for hit/exp, than using those exp+crit or hit+crit gems.
    Yeah, the legendary extra socket works. Crit got altered when I changed gem.
    In other news, I FUCKING DID IT! Was just a few K dmg short of finishing wave 37, so my record score is 3699! Happy camper, now I can finally take a break!
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

Deleted
    Hi Sarithus, nice guide, I get round 36 with your tips.

I would like to know how do you track the trinkets? Which addon? And how do you enable to track both the buff and the icd in the same icon?

Thank you