10+ Year Old Account

New glyph recipe guide?

Is there any guide around that tells you all the new techniques that drop and where they should be farmed? Have a lot of requests in guild for farming them but don't know where to start looking.

Deleted
    The recipes seem to be random drops just like meta gems were for jewelcrafters. The glyph recipes even drop for non inscriptionists. Regarding inscription specifically, I had 3 recipes drop yesterday in ToT LFR wing 4, which isn't even that trash heavy.

Most are world drops (can drop anywhere in Pandaria, as well as in MoP instances/raids), some are Timeless Isle drops only. For the latter most only drop from specific creatures, and at least one is bought from a vendor (Snizzig (sp?) sells it along the edges of the Celestial court, there are two crossed swords on your minimap if he's nearby).

So far I've only gotten a few to drop, and I've killed plenty of stuff on the Isle. Since I got a drop on a non-scribe, I just do my farming on my main (Alch/Eng).

Acki's recipy list is a great AddOn for this. Do a scan after logging in on your scribe and it will tell you if a mob drops a certain glyph when you mouseover it.

Yeah, Ackis recipe list is what I use too. Theres about 30 odd glyphs that are world drops, then the ones on the timeless isle of which there is about 10 I think? The tigers drop one, the mist guys in the spirit cave drop one, southsea plunderers on the pirate ship drop one, and the Ordon Oathguards and Ordon Candle guys drop a few. Might be some others, just grab Ackis

Are the world drop ones bop? I've seen that the timeless isle ones are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Are the world drop ones bop? I've seen that the timeless isle ones are not.
    Here's a list of all the new glyphs, the world drop ones (source marked looted) are BoP, only those that drop from a named mob on the Isle are not BoP.

edit: The exception being the trinket since it's only lootable by Scribes, similar to the new plans for other professions.
    Last edited by Blaiz; 2013-09-17 at 02:45 PM.