Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    because horde players never ever wish they could end the alliance in the worst way possible. Get real, seriously.
    I don't.

Well, I'm Alliance right now but I honestly hate these childish conflicts. Horde and Alliance, I like them both and I'm kinda tired to see them fighting, and seeing characters getting destroyed.

Jaina was such an interesting character, and now she's ruined. So is Garrosh. What the in the fudging fudge was all that.

Nazgrim died for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Varian's speech was epic. This is what the Alliance should be. Lawful Good, not Lawful Stupid. They're not gonna kill the Horde out of revenge, but if the Horde fails to practice the honor that they preach, they become villains and do not deserve mercy.
    The problem is, we know it's an empty threat. The Alliance could never follow through on it because it's a two faction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Seems people are forgetting about the bigger picture that the Alliance and Horde need to make peace for.

Burning Legion anyone?
    Yeah, but there honestly wasn't anything interesting other than making Jaina look evil and only showing humans there. Varian making a threat and saving Garrosh's life isn't that great. Honestly though anymore fighting between the factions after this point would be idiotic, factions shouldn't really exist after this.

So a bunch of Alliance died helping Vol'jin in his coup, so that Garrosh could not die. Thrall puts Varian in his place saying he won't have justice, Po steps in and takes Garrosh for justice in Pandaria. Varian makes empty threats to a seemingly unimpressed Vol'jin.

And here it comes... We leave a garrison in... Theramore? And say we might at some time in the future clean up Gilneas.

Once again Blizzard confuses fist pumping with fisting. If we left a garrison in Orgrimmar, used horde labor to rebuild Theramore twice as big as it was, and actually cleaned Gilneas instead of talking about it, and made it an actual meaningful zone, that would be a fist pumping moment.

Deleted
    And even lorewise alliance cannot determinate the horde, so enjoy your fake moment of glory lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for some Hellscream Stir Fry in Pandaria's Wok of Execution!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    So a bunch of Alliance died helping Vol'jin in his coup, so that Garrosh could not die. Thrall puts Varian in his place saying he won't have justice, Po steps in and takes Garrosh for justice in Pandaria. Varian makes empty threats to a seemingly unimpressed Vol'jin.
    So a bunch of Alliance fought beside the Horde revolutionaries to take down a tyrant, a tyrant that was the reason for the war all over Azeroth. Varian steps up to Thrall. Taran Zhu comes and takes Garrosh for trial. Varian shows he is better than submitting to vengeance (unlike another member of royalty, *cough* Arthas *cough*), while at the same time telling the Horde the Alliance will no longer stand by and that they will take the offensive.

See, it's really easy to twist words.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-12 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    So a bunch of Alliance fought beside the Horde revolutionaries to take down a tyrant, a tyrant that was the reason for the war all over Azeroth. Varian steps up to Thrall. Taran Zhu comes and takes Garrosh for trial. Varian shows he is better than submitting to vengeance (unlike another member of royalty, *cough* Arthas *cough*), while at the same time telling the Horde the Alliance will no longer stand by and will take the offensive.

See, it's really easy to twist words.
    I was just stating that I was unimpressed and disappointed, I am sure some people will think it was the most awesome thing ever, that is the nature of opinions.
    The reality is though, the only purpose the Alliance really served was to save lives of our enemy at the expense of our own, and what we got in return was basically a speech.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I was just stating that I was unimpressed and disappointed, I am sure some people will think it was the most awesome thing ever, that is the nature of opinions.
    The reality is though, the only purpose the Alliance really served was to save lives of our enemy at the expense of our own, and what we got in return was basically a speech.
    The Horde couldn't have stopped Garrosh without the Alliance, so no, you're wrong. No opinion about that. It doesn't even matter that the Horde also wanted to take down Garrosh. The Alliance were fighting to take down the guy who was responsible for starting a war that had murdered a shit ton of their civilians and soldiers. Stop trying to act like the Alliance's only purpose there was to help the Horde.

What did they get in return? No more warmonger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Again, where was this stated at?
    "The Xbox one sucks and the PS4 isn't as Ready as my Body" - Reggie Fils-Aime

My Friend Code is 1864 - 9258 - 8679 PM me if you add me so I can add you back!

Varian talks about rebuilding Theramore and cleansing Gilneas of the plague.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game's story is always a suspension of disbelief. For people thinking an empty threat isn't good enough, there must always be a Horde and Alliance. As a proud, card carrying member of the Alliance, I completely approve of Varian's writing in that scene. Not only did seeing Jaina's complete 180 give me chills, but juxtaposed with Varians 180 the other direction it was amazing.

His threat is hollow only if you don't take the lore for what it is inside of the story. With my disbelief suspended, hearing him openly tell the Horde that we will end them was fracking amazing.

PS- calling it now that the irony is going to come when Jaina is the one to reignite the way by going nutso and murdering someone important. We all expect Sylvanas, but this story has a predictable balance.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    "Investigate" it. AKA, it never ends up happening or, if it does, it's handled solely in lore and not changed in game because "would we like Gilneas, or another expansion?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian's reasoning sounds pretty solid. They would have to invade a LOT of territories to eradicate the horde, and lose a LOT of troops, and maybe even lose against Sylvanas' plague. It simply isn't worth it. They would also become kind of evil for committing genocide multiple times.

Deleted
    Hold up Everypony. Are you advocating killing every single Tauren, Troll, Orc and Goblin? If not... then what? Kill their leaders... aaaaand, what then?

The Alliance does not (according to Varian) have the manpower nor ability to rule over such a large area, especially if it contains an very large group of unruly civilians whose leaders the alliance just killed.

It would, to Varian, not be tactically sound to strike at the Horde. Sure, it might feel good, but the strategic backlash would be way to harsh, way to many alliance soldiers dead already.

Sorry to say, but our dear King might just not be an idiot. :P

Horde is on its last straw. Sometimes the only answer is total annihilation when an enemy insists upon being a total asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

because horde players never ever wish they could end the alliance in the worst way possible. Get real, seriously.
    Or be an invited paid guest at a Blizzard function and call them a homophobic slur to the great delight of the Horde players in the audience, or physically threaten a person because they wear an Alliance shirt...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I don't.

Well, I'm Alliance right now but I honestly hate these childish conflicts. Horde and Alliance, I like them both and I'm kinda tired to see them fighting, and seeing characters getting destroyed.

Jaina was such an interesting character, and now she's ruined. So is Garrosh. What the in the fudging fudge was all that.

Nazgrim died for nothing.

You can blame Metzen and the developers for the rabid way Horde players are. They are the ones who created that kind of mentality at Blizzcon.

So, taking over dalaran, rebuilding Gilneas, killing the horde's warchief (doesn't matter if the rebel horde helped, the allaince is stronger than them in the cinematic) and saying to the horde "We will end you" isn't a "fist pump moment"?

Sigh, sometimes I don't get alliance players at ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather enjoyed the cutscene...I thought it had some great moments for the Alliance. I felt as though Varian and Jaina were our main people of interest (even over Vol'jin, who basically only spoke up to say "I speak fo' da Horde."). I dunno, I thought it showed Alliance in the position of power. What more exactly did people expect?

And heck, when I was still playing I was a Draenei Shaman, so I tend to favor the Alliance. I think we got a fairly nice ending.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

So storming into Orgrimmar itself and forcefully deposing Garrosh wasn't fist pump enough for some people?

Apparently nothing short of killing all the Horde's leaders and disbanding it is a fist pump moment - and that would actually be a pretty stupid thing to do. We'd all be complaining about what an idiot Varian is if he did that, but instead we're complaining how bad it is that he didn't? Is there any way to please folks these days?

Deleted
    Horde is on its last straw. Sometimes the only answer is total annihilation when an enemy insists upon being a total asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Advocating genocide? What a great Garroshiite you are, proving yourself no better than your enemy. How exactly do you suggest that the alliance go about and slay every single Orc, Tauren, Troll, Goblin and Forsaken in ALL of azeroth?

Varian himself states that the Alliance literally does not have the manpower to do so. They don't even have the manpower to just kill the Horde Leaders and then "govern" those lands filled with Horde races if they so desired.

Way to costly with too little to gain.