Page 1 of 2
LastLast

the fate of Garrosh, and why it's a good thing *Spoilers*

By now most of you have read that Garrosh survives his defeat at the hands of the players in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. I won't dive into an in-depth analysis here, but I will say that this is a good thing! A good story needs its villains, and one of the biggest problems that WoW has had is that it kills its villains off too readily. Of course, when villains appear in multiple places (see: Kaelthas, though that was handled kinda poorly story-wise so that people didn't see it coming) people complain about things being reused. Check out this WoWInsider article for a lengthier analysis of this effect, but simply put I am happy that Garrosh has survived. Are you?

It does leave some options open. Captured warchiefs have escaped before.

I was promised a dead orc. Displeased with that aspect of it.

I think it's a great idea I expect Garrosh to escape somehow, which will result in rising inner tensions between Jaina and Varian.

15+ Year Old Account
    chaud added the related 5th Vision of Time to the front page, since it gives a glimpse of what might be in Garrosh's future (while he awaits trial? after the trial?).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck he was suppose to be dead -.- /cries

I keep seeing people say it was confirmed he'd die - anyone have a link to that? I always kept a close eye, because I hoped he'd live, and I don't remember ever seeing a confirm that he'd die, but I may have missed it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL he didnt die afterall, man i bet trassk is pisssssssed.

im ecstatic to see that hes actually not dead, perhaps in a future expansion they can finally do him a solid, have him pull a grom and sacrifice himself for the greater good.

bravo blizzard, bravo, i was expecting him to blow up like deathwing to be honest

He's not free, people don't see that I guess. He will stand trial in Pandaria, that could very well mean he is put to death still. He isn't just going to sit in a cage somewhere.

There is a reason blizz let garrosh live

He couldve died in the throne room and the cinematic would still have been the same

We see him caged up and Anduin visiting him and why exactly is Anduin visiting him?

When shit hits the fan he will be released like rambo to go apeshit on some demons

15+ Year Old Account
    With that scene on the front page with Anduin talking to the caged Garrosh, I know what is going to happen.

Years later, when Anduin is leading the Army of Light against the Legion, he will unveil his second in command. Garrosh, wielding his new weapon, Peacehowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    With that scene on the front page with Anduin talking to the caged Garrosh, I know what is going to happen.

Years later, when Anduin is leading the Army of Light against the Legion, he will unveil his second in command. Garrosh, wielding his new weapon, Peacehowl.
    LOL

I am glad they let Garrosh live, I liked his character and the development. I always though he would escape and become part of the "New Horde" faction somewhere underground. But there is a possibility he becomes good, like his father.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

I wouldn't even be surprised anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    LOL

I am glad they let Garrosh live, I liked his character and the development. I always though he would escape and become part of the "New Horde" faction somewhere underground. But there is a possibility he becomes good, like his father.
    Could totally see him living out the rest of his days in Nagrand like an old sage or something. Just sitting around saying wise things, and warning children not to go consuming the remnants of old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    He is to dangerous to be left alive. This will not end well.

It's poor story telling, and ultimately left me feeling unfulfilled. Their inability to kill major lore characters is a joke that has been allowed to run too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I was promised a dead orc. Displeased with that aspect of it.
    Nowhere did Blizzard say that, ever. Never assume...assuming gets you killed in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    It's poor story telling, and ultimately left me feeling unfulfilled. Their inability to kill major lore characters is a joke that has been allowed to run too long.
    I'm Horde, and I was disappointed with this ending. The Alliance have pussied out of everything this Xpac with "NEXT TIME" threats...Its making the game Horde favored, and that just bullshit. The "Alliance moment" was Jaina killing all the Horde in Dalaran...well, I'm still running around there on my Undead.
    Last edited by Synros; 2013-09-12 at 02:24 AM.

Well Pandas if you think Garrosh is scary wait till you meet his lawyers LOL

They will have him out on a technicality in no time

Thrall made the mistake of promoting Garrosh to warchief. I have a feeling this is the start of a pattern and Varian will have been mistaken for keeping Thrall from killing Garrosh. Everyone has always known Garrosh is a brash and power hungry hothead yet he continues to escape punishment for it. By all rights and honor he should have been summarily executed with no trial. He did, after all, start a genocidal war and was captured and defeated in the midst of that war. When it becomes apparent that letting him live for the moment was a mistake, I'm sure it's going to cause division amidst the Alliance, particularly between Jaina and Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Blizzard loves their redemption stories. Perhaps they have something planned for Garosh, like what they did for Grom.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.