Haven't the night elves suffered more under Garrosh than the Pandarens?

I mean, night elves were dying redshirt deaths throughout all the Cata redesigned zones (hell, they still are, because they can't update shit). What happened in Pandaria is tragic, but is it in any way more significant than, say, Ashenvale?

15+ Year Old Account
    In a word: no.

Even in terms of sheer physical terrain loss, Garrosh pwned the native Pandarens.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Well, not exactly? The Night Elves have taken a lot of hits, don't get me wrong, but think about the damage done to Pandaria. While the cinematic with Emperor Shaohao (spoilers!) shows that the Vale may eventually heal in time, a lot of them were killed and their homeland was defiled by the very thing they fought practically forever to keep in check. This could take a really long time, and they lost a good deal of people when that place exploded. I'm sure a lot of Shado-Pan also died in the assault to get the Heart to the waters, and Taran Zhu, the unofficial leader of the Pandaren race as a whole, was nearly killed and tortured by Garrosh.

I would say the Night Elves are a close second.

I'm going to say no.

While the fighting in Ashenvale should not be ignored, what Garrosh did to the Vale is something on the scale of burning Hyjal. He turned a place that had been considered sacred to the Pandaren for 10,000 years (if not longer) and corrupted it with the power of an Old God.

Regardless however, I think ultimately the reason Varian and Thrall agreed to turn Garrosh over to Taran Zhu was less out of agreement on how much the Pandaren suffered (even if they did agree) and more out of the fact the Pandaren are a truly neutral faction without a strong preference for the Horde or Alliance (especially with Vol'jin calling the shots in the Horde).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a way, Garrosh has saved the Pandaren. The sha would have been around forever if all this stuff to destroy them entirely didn't happen. Suck it, Taran Zhu.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    In a way, Garrosh has saved the Pandaren. The sha would have been around forever if all this stuff to destroy them entirely didn't happen. Suck it, Taran Zhu.
    OoooOOooo evil=good!!

I still think he should have been turned over to the Mag'har for trial. Leaving it up to the pandas makes the expansion feel smaller than it needs to be.

garrosh destroyed the vale of eternal blossoms, the heart of all life in pandaria. he didn`t destroy the world tree, so no.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.