Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Massive Spoilers] Beyond 5.4

WARNING: This post will contain SPOILERS from both the Alliance ending and Horde ending.

I was thinking we should have a logical discussion of what may happen in future patches but lets not get into the expansion just yet, thats a topic for another time.

So as some or most of you know, Garrosh did not die and is being taken to trial. Currently there is nothing about the trial just yet, or no one has actually explored to go see if it is out there. But lets take a look what may happen at the trial, that is, if Blizzard actually put one in or will put one in to finish up the storyline. My 2 cents: I seriously think he may escape by the power of the old gods and set up his "true Horde" or also referred as the "Iron Horde". Even though I think that is the direction they are going in, I don't personally like it because its either time for him to die or be imprisoned. Who would want to have to kill him AGAIN in the next xpac, not me, even if its completely different. It's just a rehash and I don't know if it would work well. Or maybe he could become cleansed again, just like his father and overcome his corruption and hatred. Maybe he just has Sha inside him and we have to cleanse the 7 Sha's out of him in like a scenario. After all, i could almost feel what his emotions were in the cinematic just by his facial expressions, he was humbled and looked angry but just gave up. Maybe it could be a turning point.

Alright so now we move on to the Alliance side of things. After talking with Varian, he says the next step will be to cleanse Gilneas which is perfect because it reminds me of returning back to the homeland like echo isles and gnomeregan in WotLK. It works perfectly with the time slate because the troll and gnome starting areas were changed two expansions after WoW had started. Now, since its been 2 xpacs (kind of) since the Worgen were brought in it would be time to return the Worgen to their homeland and they could do it just like they did gnomes and trolls.

Now for the Horde, the same thing with the Worgen just for Goblins so they can take back the Capital City of the Goblins, i forget what it was called and create a new hub which would be really cool.

Beyond these things, the only other would be a world event for the next Expansion but we aren't going to get into that tonight cause thats a whole other thread to discuss it.

I hope you guys read these and share your comments, opinions, etc.!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Goblin capital? You mean Kezan? Last I saw that place was covered in Molten lava and probably sinking into the sea.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Not sure what to make of the Iron Horde business, could be interesting if Garrosh escaped and formed a new faction, and with the timely arrival of the Burning Legion, who knows where his new faction could fit in, would it be pushing it too far to have him join with the legion? time will tell.

The way I see it, if Blizzard are indeed sparing his life at all, then they must have something more planned for him than to simply have him stand trial and be executed.

If Garrosh does escape and create the "Horde" he wanted, maybe it won't be us who kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by spondy View Post
    Now for the Horde, the same thing with the Worgen just for Goblins so they can take back the Capital City of the Goblins, i forget what it was called and create a new hub which would be really cool.
    Fun fact: Kezan and those deep mining Goblins would meet PERFECTLY for the long-rumored and - weeks ago - "leaked" content of a future/ the next expansion: more or less the "Maelstrom Expansion". You know, finally getting things done with Azshara, finally fiddling with the tomb of Sargeras and stuff...

I don't believe Garrosh will escape and become "the next big thing" again. It's more reasonable to assume that, if Garrosh has to play a major role, he still inherits some of the Sha's powers, planting the seed of corruption into eager Anduin. Pulling a second Medhiv.
    But, since things with the Burning Legion are before us, I would rather think of a scenario where Garrosh is "cleansed" and the forsaken finally take up their "bad boy"-part. Remember, they're originally a byproduct of the Burning Legion, filled with wrath, rage and therefore easy to manipulate. And on top, they've shown for years their willingness to end all life on Azeroth... at least some of them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh: I suspect when (be it V or VI) the Legion returns to Azeroth, their first move will be to break Garrosh from his prison. The guy's got nowhere else to turn. If his Father's people have rejected him, then perhaps his Father was wrong to rebel against the Demons after all...

Vol'jin: He'll likely move to the Horde Keep in 6.0, be it the current Keep or if Blizz officially adds the Underhold to Orgrimmar. The nice thing about picking Vol'jin is it allows much of the existing story to remain in place for 1-60 Horde without much editing. The worst editing would have to be in Ashenvale and Silverpine. Yes, Vol'jin can do the "You are dismissed" scene with only dialogue changes.
    Also you'd have to slightly modify S.Barrens to be Jaina's Forces rather than straight Alliance Forces.

Thrall: He'll be with Vol'jin at the Horde Keep, but serving as the Orc racial leader. There may not even be an achievement to kill him, since Vol'jin is now warchief.

Jaina: She's taken that step over the line now. There's no way Blizz can keep her character part of the Alliance proper after what Varian did. She'll either withdraw the Kirin'tor from the Alliance to focus on fighting the Horde, or attempt to overthrow Varian to lead the Alliance against the Horde.

The Alliance: As Varian said, we cannot allow another Garrosh to happen. And by that, we all know he means Sylvanas. I expect we'll be seeing action in Gilneas in 5.5, perhaps even allowing Worgen to level in Lordaeron in 6.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If Garrosh escaped, he would probably not appear as a another boss, but rather lead his "True Horde" in secret and go underground. From then on, his faction would be seen from time to time but he wouldn't be fought as a final boss again.

As far as the "You are dismissed" scene goes, I don't think it would be wise to change it; with Garrosh having such a darkly developed character, it just wouldn't have the same level of brutality. Scenes like that or when Garrosh spits in the decapitated head of Gammoth are as awesome as they are right now.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-09-12 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If Garrosh escaped, he would probably not appear as a another boss, but rather lead his "True Horde" in secret and go underground. From then on, his faction would be seen from time to time but he wouldn't be fought as a final boss again.
    If Blizz ever revamps Blackrock Spire (and Depths, but that doesn't apply to this theory) I could see Garrosh being the final boss. Considering the only Orcs left who really support his ideals are the Blackrock Clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Another Rend Blackhand in the caverns?

Oh and I hope that Siege is not the last patch to be honest for Mists.
    They can bring forth Gilneas again and then rebuild the city and make it better with resources with other Alliance members and then Genn Greymane can go back to his home and the other Worgens can go back to their home to and other Alliance members can help the Worgen Leader and his people with building and ruling it with him.

Greymane Manor should also be moved to the city and it should be changed and those main places can be like people you can meet and another main base can be built for the New Duskhaven and another zone can be located in the north part and it can be another zone for Alliance players.
    Stoneward Prison can become a new dungeon and then Alliance can another city for their faction.
    For the Horde!

As for world changes, I'm pretty sure that they'll do something like:
    For all players under 90 - Warchief Garrosh
    For players 90+ - Warchief Vol'jin

I mean, they use Garrosh way too much to remove him from everywhere. He's heavily in the Twilight Highlands intro, and he's even got a cutscene for the Pandaria opening, just for starters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Another Rend Blackhand in the caverns?

Oh and I hope that Siege is not the last patch to be honest for Mists.
    They can bring forth Gilneas again and then rebuild the city and make it better with resources with other Alliance members and then Genn Greymane can go back to his home and the other Worgens can go back to their home to and other Alliance members can help the Worgen Leader and his people with building and ruling it with him.

Greymane Manor should also be moved to the city and it should be changed and those main places can be like people you can meet and another main base can be built for the New Duskhaven and another zone can be located in the north part and it can be another zone for Alliance players.
    Stoneward Prison can become a new dungeon and then Alliance can another city for their faction.
    It'd be interesting if Blizz added a (finished and streamlined) Underhold to Orgrimmar. And then to balance that gave Gilneas City to the Alliance.

Maybe Garrosh, after being imprisoned for awhile, will get to redeem himself to the horde and alliance against the Legion. Like father, like son.

*posting from another thread, still my original idea not stolen*

My prediction: Jaina is going to become the new Medivh. Garrosh is going to escape justice somehow, and that will cause her to become filled with hatred not only towards the Horde, but towards Varian as well. She'll teeter on the brink of sanity for an expack. But then, when Sargeras sets his eyes on Azeroth once again, he'll use her infinite arcane power and raw hatred to bring his armys to the planet.

The Trial would be a great place to go over his character arc and explain all of the things cited as inconsistencies. I don't think he'd break out and become a threat again so soon. Who knows, maybe he'll stay around and learn a thing or two about honor the hard way. Execution is the only logical result of his actions though.

Thrall will almost certainly be the Orcish racial leader, but I could see him moving to another district to meditate as a shaman, while Vol'jin moves back into the throne room where he used to be.

It sounds like the Alliance might officially get some presence in Gilneas, which has canonically been retaken. That would be really awesome to see.

That leads me to one final thing. Lor'themar supposedly seemed concerned about Sylvanas' take on these events. Blizzard admitted some time back that Sylvanas has been acting like a Lich Queen. But now, she's wiped out the Kor'kron watching over her and isn't happy with the new status quo. Meanwhile, the Alliance might start building a presence back up right next door to her. How much longer do you think before she finally makes her move? I don't think they'd make another Horde leader a major villain so soon, but it's about time that the story recognizes the pot that's been boiling for years now.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-09-12 at 05:14 AM.

Magatha is going to break him out.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Trial would be a great place to go over his character arc and explain all of the things cited as inconsistencies. I don't think he'd break out and become a threat again so soon. Who knows, maybe he'll stay around and learn a thing or two about honor the hard way. Execution is the only logical result of his actions though.

Thrall will almost certainly be the Orcish racial leader, but I could see him moving to another district to meditate as a shaman, while Vol'jin moves back into the throne room where he used to be.

It sounds like the Alliance might officially get some presence in Gilneas, which has canonically been retaken. That would be really awesome to see.

That leads me to one final thing. Lor'themar seemed concerned about Sylvanas' take on these events. Blizzard admitted some time back that Sylvanas has been acting like a Lich Queen. But now, she's wiped out the Kor'kron watching over her and isn't happy with the new status quo. Meanwhile, the Alliance might start building a presence back up right next door to her. How much longer do you think before she finally makes her move?
    I wouldnt mind either if that Stormgarde and Danath got to come back to and reclaimed the area and then Galen can be killed and those other forsaken loyal to him can be gone and then the Dark Ranger that is there goes to Hammerfall and lets them now what has gone down.

On how much I like her for a few things, but now I grow tired of her for now. She is like I am tormented by the fallen and blah blah!
    Well it would be ok to if she and her Forsaken Forces went and took command of Icecrown and she took the Crown of Damnation from the Lich King and actually became the Lich Queen herself or even reforged the sword for herself to and made it into something else to.

Gilneas would be great to go back to the Alliance and those past places that they have will go into Alliance races hands and then it would have them to rebuilding the places they lived in and even making that north spot the Headlands into a zone in itself.
    For the Horde!

I would honestly love it if Garrosh escaped as the Legion came and he swore his life and allegiance to them and became a general of sorts for the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'd be interesting if Blizz added a (finished and streamlined) Underhold to Orgrimmar. And then to balance that gave Gilneas City to the Alliance.
    That just got me thinking. Kashroshka said that Kezan's volcano erupted and maybe the Underhold got destroyed right? So maybe they can take the part of the raid underneath Orgrimmar and turn it into the goblin part of the city. Obviously, it shouldn't be as huge, so they can like close of a couple of parts of it so it's smaller in size. And it would certainly balance Gilneas City for the Alliance. But who knows, its the Era of the Alliance now so maybe we'll get the short end of the stick which is perfectly fine for me. I'm Horde and I am actually loving how badass the Alliance is looking and feeling right now, because sometimes its not always fun to be on top all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spondy View Post
    That just got me thinking. Kashroshka said that Kezan's volcano erupted and maybe the Underhold got destroyed right? So maybe they can take the part of the raid underneath Orgrimmar and turn it into the goblin part of the city. Obviously, it shouldn't be as huge, so they can like close of a couple of parts of it so it's smaller in size. And it would certainly balance Gilneas City for the Alliance. But who knows, its the Era of the Alliance now so maybe we'll get the short end of the stick which is perfectly fine for me. I'm Horde and I am actually loving how badass the Alliance is looking and feeling right now, because sometimes its not always fun to be on top all the time.
    Isnèt the Blidgewater Harbour like a mini-city for the Horde Goblins?
    Oh and yeah I wouldnt mind if we got to go back to Kezan and got to see the zone changed and people gonna fix it with what they can and the Goblins that were in the Undermine can be freed by us and then go their separate ways or even a whole area below Kezan to.
    For the Horde!

I think Dalaran will be returning to it's original sight (maybe not landing, but be in the area) as the beginning steps of hemming Sylvanis in.

This could then serve to make Hillsbrad contested with the Alliance having it's own quest series that would involve Dalaran and Crowley's Guerilla's foiling Forsaken plots and securing Alterac and Strahnbrad (I don't think they were used n the current quests, but it's been a while since I've checked.) for the Alliance. This gives a perfect chance for more Gilneas and Worgen lore (offer breadcrumb after you've helped the Night Elves with Darkshore, or if the level is appropriate right after Gilneas itself) and might even serve as a viable part of the High Elven intro to the Alliance.

Just brainstorming, not suggesting anything, but still. I would like to see a more fluid and evolving world. Instead of changing whole continents, why don't they just update or add a few zones a patch, as the story suits?