Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider

I want to start an in-progress guide to the Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider achievement. This awards the Spawn of Galakras mount. Unlike previous Glory of the X Raider acheivements, this does not also require heroic mode kills.

With the new Flex raid size now available in 5.4 it's much easier to build a group of players focused on earning the achievements, rather than potentially hampering progress in your standard raid group.

Flex has no raid lockout. Although you can only earn loot from a boss once, you can run it multiple times in a week specifically for achievements.

Immerseus
    - No More Tears
    Defeat Immerseus after killing 10 Tears of the Vale in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    When Immerseus splits, you need to keep the corrupted blobs away from him via stuns, roots and slows. Immersues will come back up again after 30 seconds even if there are still any corrupted blobs crawling towards him. At this point any remaining corrupted blobs will turn into Tears of the Vale. Kill these and repeat until you kill 10 of them.

* Can be tracked. Text will turn from red to white when you have satisfied the criteria and can kill the boss.

Fallen Protectors
    - Go Long
    Transfer the Mark of Anguish to at least 5 unique players over a total of 200 yards or more during a single Desperate Measures phase, and then defeat the Fallen Protectors in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    This takes place during He Softfoot's Desperate Measures phase. We split up the raid into a circle around the room and passed the Mark of Anguish from person to person. It might be easier to just have two groups with assigned targets for each person to throw to, and simply go back and forth.

There is a five second cooldown after catching the Anguish before you can throw it to the next person, so you'll want to use cooldowns on the squishier classes while they "tank" the Embodied Anguish.

* Can be tracked. Text will turn from red to white when you have satisfied the criteria and can kill the boss.

Norushen
    - None Shall Pass
    Defeat the Amalgam of Corruption without allowing any unleashed corruption to fuse with it in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    The small adds from the DPS challenge, when in the real boss phase, throw a ball at the boss. This can be intercepted by players, and the achievement is to prevent all of these balls from reaching the boss.

We did it the easy way by not having any DPS complete the purifying challenge, which meant no balls to intercept.

* Can probably be tracked, need confirmation. Text would turn from white to red if the criteria has failed.

Sha of Pride
    - Swallow Your Pride
    Defeat the Sha of Pride in Siege of Orgrimmar after no player has gained Pride from Manifestations of Pride while Norushen is alive.
    ✔-Confirmed
    This is referring to the large adds that spawn in the alcoves of the room. They must be kept interrupted/stunned so they don't cast. The two closest players to the adds, when they die, must have the Gift of the Titans buff.

* Can be tracked. Text will turn from white to red if the criteria has failed.

Galakras
    - The Immortal Vanguard
    Defeat Galakras without having allowed a single friendly NPC to perish in battle in Siege of Orgrimmar .
    ✔-Confirmed
    You need to keep all of the NPCs alive. That includes all the little footmen. We did this, without any additional effort, on our first normal mode kill. Not sure if it was just a fluke or if it's one of those "if you do the fight correct you get it" achievements.

* Can probably be tracked, need confirmation. Text would turn from white to red if the criteria has failed.

Iron Juggernaut
    - Fire in the Hole!
    Stomp on 6 superheated Crawler Mines and then defeat the Iron Juggernaut in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    During phase two when a laser is kited over a crawler mine it will turn "Super Heated". Six crawler mines need to be superheated and then stomped. There is enough time for three phase two's before the enrage timer, and you may have to slow DPS to have more time get them all.

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    - Rescue Raiders
    Rescue a set of caged prisoners, a group of unwilling combat participants, and Ji Firepaw before defeating the Kor'kron Dark Shaman in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    There are some captured, friendly NPCs during the trash clear. Ji Firepaw is near the front, just kill the mobs around him.

Several cages are around the area, the banker drops a key lootable by each player to open them.

The tricky part is the unwilling combat participants: there are some neutral NPCs you need to keep alive while clearing trash. Two Theramore Citizens over on the right and 5 orcs near the middle area have yellow nameplates, and they are damageable by you - and only have about 2,000 HP. We CC'd them and pulled the hostile targets nearby to make sure they wouldn't get killed in AoE. Once the overlord is dead they run off and are safe.

Once everyone is freed, pull and kill the boss for the achievement.

Nazgrim
    - Gamon Will Save Us!
    Defeat General Nazgrim while Gamon is alive and participating in the battle in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    Gamon is chained up in the area with the catapults on the way to Nazgrim. When you free him he'll run straight towards Nazgrim aggroing things along the way, so it's best to clear the trash first and then release his chains. He'll run up to Nazgrim's room and help you fight him.

He has 40 million HP and takes about 20 million damage from War Song (Nazgrim's 70 rage ability). He didn't seem to take much damage from anything else in the encounter. So spam heal him up and do your best to avoid the War Songs.

Malkorok
    - Unlimited Potential
    Transform a Corrupted Skullsplitter into a Corrupted Amalgamation and then defeat Malkorok in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    The Corrupted Skullsplitter is a trash add on the way to Malkorok. It can be avoided on the way to the boss, and it respawns pretty quick if you mess up.

Pull it into the boss and either tank it or CC it (CC is much easier) and make sure it gets hit with Malkorok's Breath of Y'Shaarj (thats where he puts the lightning over the previous Arcing Smashes.

The Skullsplitter will transform into the Corrupted Amalgamation. Quickly kill it then finish off the boss.

Spoils of Pandaria
    - Criss Cross
    Complete the Spoils of Pandaria encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar without any raid member defeating both a Mantid and a Mogu enemy.
    ✔-Confirmed
    Sounds pretty simple. When clearing your quadrant, instead of going through the gate into the next area, use the chain to go back up and across the catwalk to the uncleared area on that side. So instead of having North and South teams, you have Mogu and Mantid teams.

The chains have about a 10 second cooldown before it can be used again by someone else so it will take some time to get the entire raid to the opposite side. The first people should start going before the gate is opened and stay up top until the next area is available. A priest can probably use Leap of Faith to pull others up quickly.

Thok the Bloodthirsty
    - Giant Dinosaur vs. Mega Snail
    Open the Thrice-Locked Cage during the Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar, and then allow its inhabitant to feast upon Thok's corpse once you have defeated the encounter.
    ✔-Confirmed
    The thrice-locked cage is at the very front of the room before you enter the circle area, this has the giant snail in it.

If a key from a jailer is used on this cage it, it will instantly spawn another jailer. Kill the 2nd one and use it on a regular cage. So effectively you need to kill two jailer's per phase two. When the 3rd key is used on the snail's cage, it will be released. The snail will fixate targets just like Thok does; kill Thok then kite the snail over Thok's corpse.

Once the snail is released, we'll probably need to kite it while dealing with Thok until the boss is dead, then kite the snail over the corpse.

Siegemaster Blackfuse
    - Lasers and Magnets and Drill! Oh My!
    Defeat Siegecrafter Blackfuse without destroying each of the following weapons in Siege of Orgrimmar: Deactivated Laser Turret, Deactivated Electromagnet, Deactivated Missile Turret, Disassembled Crawler Mines
    ✔-Confirmed
    Just like Lei Shen and some other earlier boss achievements, this is completed over a couple kills. Most strats say to destroy the missiles each time, so if you follow that then you'll get credit for the other three items in one kill.

A second kill will require keeping the missile turret alive which makes for a more difficult fight. I'd recommend killing the mines - the Electromagnet is easy to deal with and the laser fire is too useful for quickly killing the shredders.

Klaxxi Paragon
    - Now We are the Paragon
    Defeat the Paragons after assuming the mantle of three different Paragons in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    Again this requires multiple kills, but this is personal instead of raid-wide. The "mantle" is the buff/cooldown you can take by clicking on the corpse of a dead paragon. Each buff can be only be obtained by one person in the raid group and that person can not take any other buffs.

The buffs are role-specific (as in you can't take a buff belonging to another role). There are four for DPS, two for healers, one for tanks and two that any role can take.

Garrosh
    - Strike!
    Kill 18 Kor'kron Warbringers with a single Iron Star and then defeat Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ✔-Confirmed
    During phase one there will be Iron Stars that roll through one half of the room. They deal damage to any adds they hit. So you need to keep 18 warbringers alive, which will be pretty difficult on its own with the stacking buff they get (can the buff be outranged from Garrosh?), and then have them all low enough on HP to be killed by the Iron Star. They can be knocked back and stunned to be in position of the Iron Star without sacrificing a tank. Need to determine how much damage the Iron Star does to them.

It's reportedly bugged and awarding the achievement on the kill regardless of how or when the warbringers die. Fixed.
    Last edited by Oratory; 2013-09-29 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's ingame pics of what it looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/eZUhH7I.jpg on the ground
    http://i.imgur.com/9UYrU7g.jpg in the air

Every time you phase transition on Thok, you kill a warden to get a key.
    You usually use these keys to free NPCs which buff you, then get eaten by the boss and give it a new ability.

There are three cages so killing the boss is usually split over three keys.

There is also a thrice-locked cage containing a giant snail.
    Either you forgo releasing the friendly NPCs entirely for the achievement, using those three keys on the snail cage, or you need to put him through six phase transitions. As I haven't done the fight I don't know which of these is more likely.

Deleted
    The Iron Juggernaut one is talking about Superheated Crawler Mines, not regular ones. You have to run over them with the fire beam on you during Siege mode, and then blow them up.

For Nazgrim, you save Gamon before the boss in a trash pack, and I think he always helps you during the raid fight (maybe someone in my raid talked to him though). Not sure on how to keep him alive, he died during our kill but we didn't pay attention to him.

Rescue Raider is fairly straightforward as well, the trash before the Dark Shaman drop keys, which you can open cages with that are next to the building with the bosses. You have to open all three cages I suppose (one of them gave us a resistance buff last night).
    Last edited by mmoc036e00a042; 2013-09-12 at 10:21 AM.

Updated the first post, thanks.

Deleted
    Gamon seems to suffer 50% of his HP when Nazgrim casts Warsong. Moreover he does not move out of his Shockwave ability by himself, so you may need to reposition the boss to get Gamon moving.

Deleted
    We did try keeping Gamon alive during our Normal kill. I took my eye of him for 2 sec and he died. I think he got one-shot by Execute. Not sure how you prevent Nazgrim for using Execute on him if that was the case

Deleted
    Tears of the Vale seems to be the loot chest so I don't know if it means you have to kill him 10 times (10 weeks)but that's what wowhead seems to think.

Strike! is bugged right now. So long as you kill 18 warbringers at all you'll get credit for it, regardless of if it was done by a single ironstar. Ragnar-O's was broken in a similar manner for quite a while, so it might be a freebie. Or it might get fixed on Tuesday!

although i just posted in another topic about No More Tears, i guess i will put it here as well to keep them all together

When Immersues splits, you need to keep the corrupted blobs away from him via stuns, roots and slows. Immersues will eventually come back up again and any remaining corrupted blobs turn into Tears of the Vale, repeat until you kill 10 of them

Can confirm that having the people nearest the add on the sha of pride encounter with the titan buff will negate the +5 pride gain on add death, have gained the achievement using a method of having people with the buff standing near to where the adds spawns and keeping the rest of the DPS/healers near the boss.

Added a bunch of updates to the first post. The 2nd wing of Flex opens today so we'll have (up to) four more bosses worth of achievements to collect!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Nazgrim

?-Unknown
    Gamon is in one of the trash packs before the boss, save him! And then keep him alive during the boss fight. Not sure how or when he is active during the fight.
    He will follow you after the Trash Pack and fights with you as soon as the boss fight starts and stay. He did not take noticably damage. But we wiped once on the Encounter and Gamon died. He never appeared on th efollowing attempt.
    So probalby have to oneshot Nazgrim and not let Gamon die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tethos View Post
    He will follow you after the Trash Pack and fights with you as soon as the boss fight starts and stay. He did not take noticably damage. But we wiped once on the Encounter and Gamon died. He never appeared on th efollowing attempt.
    So probalby have to oneshot Nazgrim and not let Gamon die.
    We did this one on flex tonight. The only things that can actually do damage to him are warsong and ravager. So you also have to keep Nazgrim's rage low. It's basically a "don't suck" achievement.

Anyone have any new info for the Rescue Raiders achievement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrisen View Post
    Anyone have any new info for the Rescue Raiders achievement?
    We got this on our first normal kill. There's two groups of caged prisoners near the left wall of the throne room (A Shaman who drops a resistance totem, and then some other dudes). Someone must have freed Ji Firepaw near the front because I opened the shaman cage and could never find him. You simply open the cages before the boss fight, kill the boss, gg achievement.

Signature by the lovely Rivele.
    My Monk, The Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by korrable View Post
    We got this on our first normal kill. There's two groups of caged prisoners near the left wall of the throne room (A Shaman who drops a resistance totem, and then some other dudes). Someone must have freed Ji Firepaw near the front because I opened the shaman cage and could never find him. You simply open the cages before the boss fight, kill the boss, gg achievement.
    Just done this on flex we released 2 cages with NPC's in(got 2 resist totems), aysa carried ji away yet we did not get the achievement. We did wipe once however but the totems were still up afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrisen View Post
    Just done this on flex we released 2 cages with NPC's in(got 2 resist totems), aysa carried ji away yet we did not get the achievement. We did wipe once however but the totems were still up afterwards.

I think you getting two resist totems is what messed it up for you. We only had one up, via the shaman near the left wall near the throne room, and then I believe a group of trolls or maybe it was humans. It seems pretty random, but if we get it again tonight I'll come back with some info.

Signature by the lovely Rivele.
    My Monk, The Avatar

There are some neutral NPCs you need to keep alive while clearing trash. Two Theramore Citizens over on the right and 5 orcs near the middle area. We CC'd them and pulled the hostile targets near by to make sure they wouldn't get killed in AoE. Once the overlord is dead they run off and are safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Excellent guide! Thank you!

Incredibly useful and informative! Such a cool reward mount, and it is great you can get it in Flex too.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature